• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Solace(rebranded Four20)

Looking forward to seeing how much more overstable the Solace is compared to the 2 first-run O-Laces I have because the O-Laces are pretty darn stable for a 450' thrower.

Yeah, I'm liking the o-Lace for anyzer-forehand flex shots, which give me nice distance, but the ones I have lost some of their stability, so I'm hoping this will hold its stability a little longer for me.

Also, the o-Lace gives me max-distance on overhand throws (relative to my other discs), so I'm hoping this will be more consistent on overhand throws as well as long off-the-tee.

Here's to hoping! (Don't mind the wait, so long as they figured out the name-change!) Should be worth wait!

SoLace

I know this thread is very old, but it was the only SoLace thread I could find. I tossed one of these last week for the first time. Holy cow, its a super pig. I guess that's about what I was expecting, but man this disc is overstable. Usually Vibram discs are flippier than their numbers would indicate. Not this one.

Fairly flat and glideless. Reminded me of a Nuke OS or a faster Firebird. The SoLace won't even think about flipping in any sort of wind conditions. Unless you have a monster arm or some fairly severe sidearm torque, I can't figure out why anyone would willingly throw a SoLace. I like overstable discs for routine course use, but this one was so beefy I couldn't really get anything out of it.

SoLace: 13, 3, 0, 5. Not a hint of high speed turn, and no glide to speak of. A very short flying disc. Massive late fade. Good disc for hurricane winds or random short hook shots. Other than that, not a disc I'd ever see a need for. Very short compared to other overstable discs. The lack of glide hurts it.

Why did Vibram cave to the controversy and rename this mold? Did they not expect it to make waves? I mean surely that was the whole reason behind naming it the Four20 in the first place.

Why did Vibram cave to the controversy and rename this mold? Did they not expect it to make waves? I mean surely that was the whole reason behind naming it the Four20 in the first place.

It was the four hundred twentieth project at Vibram. Just a coincidence. One that Dodge acknowledged.

I liked it, a lot like a Scythe. Pretty fast not much glide, fairly OS. I guess I didn't find it a meathook to the degree you did but it's the OS thing they ever made.

I liked it, a lot like a Scythe. Pretty fast not much glide, fairly OS. I guess I didn't find it a meathook to the degree you did but it's the OS thing they ever made.

I'll have to take the SoLace out for another go. My initial reaction definitely wasn't overly positive though. It wasn't the most overstable disc I've thrown, but its close.

FWIW, the most overstable disc I've ever seen or thrown was a super flat Z Nuke OS. Absolutely ridiculous. It wouldn't go anywhere.

I carry a first run 750 X1 for my stupid OS slot. Thing eats up thumbers or headwinds. I have a Solace and wasn't overly impressed. It was overstable, but not any more than Luster Destroyers or TI Nukes, and didn't have much glide...

Anyway, back to the landfill with this half-decade old thread. :D

Whatever they chose to call it, this disc is just massive beef. Not for beginners or weak arms AT ALL.

You have to remember that they made the Olace first and people were like "Meh, not beefy enough for my steel pythons" so they really tried on the Solace.

You have to remember that they made the Olace first and people were like "Meh, not beefy enough for my steel pythons" so they really tried on the Solace.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't meaning to be critical of the SoLace. The disc does what its meant to. I knew going in that I was throwing something that would be pretty damn overstable. The SoLace I have definitely is.

I think Vibram's discs generally seem less stable than they ought to. I've thrown lots of Laces that were downright flippy. The Unlace is one of the flippiest POS's I've ever seen. Even the Olace had some high speed turn.

This SoLace is a different disc entirely. Very overstable and glideless. It will do the job in severe wind conditions.

Some of the Ascents were like that too. Either fly like a seasoned star Eagle or very beefy and glideless.

Latest posts