• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star FL

okiebullgod

Eagle Member
I picked one of these up today. I haven't thrown it yet, but it feels good and the flight chart looked good. At first I thought FL meant Firebird Long, but I was told it had a Firebird bottom and a Leopard top and is actually a hybrid of the two. Can anybody confirm that? I compared it to both and it looks more like a Firebird for sure.

I believe the L's typically have a straighter wing which makes them a little less stable. The normal Firebird has a more curved wing if you look side by side. I don't think a Leopard top would have anything to do with a Firebird or FL, although some Firebirds are more domey than others which also affects the stability.

Leopard top = old wives' tale. FL = Firebird Long or Firebird Less overstable, depending on whom at Innova you ask & when you ask 'em.

I believe the L's typically have a straighter wing which makes them a little less stable. The normal Firebird has a more curved wing if you look side by side. I don't think a Leopard top would have anything to do with a Firebird or FL,QUOTE]

These were my thoughts. I couldn't see any similarity to a Leopard. I think a slightly less stable Firebird sounds cool and that's why I picked it up. Thanks for the feedback.

Innova has to change the molds sometimes to make discs work in either Star or Champ plastic, which is the biggest reason the tops are different sometimes.

I think a Boss is one that is really domey in Star plastic but not otherwise. I know for Discraft the BuzZz Is way flatter in the better plastics.

\/\/

Innova has to change the molds sometimes to make discs work in either Star or Champ plastic, which is the biggest reason the tops are different sometimes.

I think a Boss is one that is really domey in Star plastic but not otherwise. I know for Discraft the BuzZz Is way flatter in the better plastics.

\/\/

Weird...my Champ Boss has a lot more dome than my Star Boss. The Champ with the big dome is also way more stable. Also all of my Buzzes(ProD, X, FLX) are identical and flat top.

Weird...my Champ Boss has a lot more dome than my Star Boss. The Champ with the big dome is also way more stable. Also all of my Buzzes(ProD, X, FLX) are identical and flat top.

I don't own any bosses other than a R Pro so I have no comparison, I just thought it was the star that somebody here had said was domey, could have easily been the champ version.

My dad has a Z buZzz with a sweet captain america dye that I got him from dynamic discs. It's bottom stamped (from Discraft) with the dye on top, and it's a semi-transparent clear/white color. It's more domey than my regular Z BuzZz...his doesn't say Cryztal, but could be I guess.

My Pro D BuzZz is slightly more domed than my esp, esp/flx/halloween/Z BuzZz...and my dad's Elite X looks a slight bit more rounded on the outside edges...

\/\/

The FL is a great forehand disc that can also be tomahawked with incredible accuracy. I wouldn't want to play a round without one.

It was a nice disc when thrown flat. Nice straight flight with a little fade at the end. Haven't thrown any other shots but I'll try it forehand and thumber.

My FL is probably one of the most consistant drivers in my bag. Wind, no wind, whatever it goes where you want it to. Great disc.

My FH disc when I don't want my Starfire to turn at all.

Latest posts