• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Skeeter

at least the last 2 times ive played ive hit 35-40ft putts with my skeeter and maybe 3 outta 4 as well, is anybody else having success with it for long putts?

I've met people that swear by their skeeters. One of my friend's and I were near our college town's course, but neither of us had our discs. So we dropped by play it again and each bought a disc. He bought a skeeter, and using only that disc he shot his best round by 4 strokes. It's not a long course at all, but his putting from distance (50' and in) was MUCH better using that sucker. He won't play without it now.

i havnt found much use for it other than long putts as its so floppy. What i really like about it for putting is its pretty stable and has good glide plus its fast so u dont have to throw it very hard to go straight at it from far out so it dosnt going sailing when you miss .

even though its the same weight as my omega ss (175) it dosnt feel as heavy when i throw it that far out , the omega ss i really gotta chunk which aint that bad for a throw but for a putt can really be hard to keep consistent and can take at toll on my arm. If someones thinking about getting a skeeter id try max weight first even if you dont usally like em that heavy cause it cuts through the wind pretty good so it dont take much to get it moving.

I have a Star Skeeter and I love it! I typically use an Aviar for under 40' but the Skeeter for longer putts. Have made my longest shots with that disc (best was about 80'). Once you learn how to throw it, it just goes so straight.

HB

I love my Skeeters, well, one is MIA but it's funny b/c of this thread I broke it out for a nice 40 ft putt and nailed it. They some getting use to when driving with them, for holes <250 that curve right I like to fan grip them and drive with a little bit of hyzer.

I love my Skeeter as well, but I think it's pretty much a glorified Shark. The dimensions and flight characteristics are pretty much the same. I admit I throw both, though I'm not really sure why. I don't putt with either inside forty feet.

Brother Dave - I can't look at your posts anymore without thinking "ANARCHY!"

I love my Skeeter as well, but I think it's pretty much a glorified Shark. The dimensions and flight characteristics are pretty much the same. I admit I throw both, though I'm not really sure why. I don't putt with either inside forty feet.

Brother Dave - I can't look at your posts anymore without thinking "ANARCHY!"

That's what you should always think, unless you're looking at cops, than it's "FASCISTS!"

I find it weird you think the Skeeter is a glorified Shark, two different discs for me. I've never liked the Shark, felt like baby's first Roc to me.

That's what you should always think, unless you're looking at cops, than it's "FASCISTS!"

I find it weird you think the Skeeter is a glorified Shark, two different discs for me. I've never liked the Shark, felt like baby's first Roc to me.

my shark has lots of fade and my skeeter stays straight and true

my shark has lots of fade and my skeeter stays straight and true

The Shark should stay straight as well (very little fade), maybe it's beat up some? My Shark has been throwing understable these days - but it's also five years old and has hit innumerable trees - I think I am going to have to replace it, as it's performing more like a Stingray than a Shark...

Yeah, that is weird - my Shark and Skeeter (before the Shark's aforementioned deterioration) flew pretty much the same - their flight ratings on the Innova site are pretty much identical...

And I still refer to most of those in authority (bankers, traffic cops, loan agents, etc,) as fascists. I also appreciate bands like Madness, Motorhead, and Dexy's Midnight Runners for being on the show. Oh, and I still maintain a pair of "Dr. Marten's Boots."

just saw innovas got an r-pro skeeter now.

does the shark have that funky old school lip i havnt thrown one in awhile ? Im glad innovas newer discs dont have those and they scale it down when the older molds switch to better plastic.

Latest posts