• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star TL ? same as Star Teebird

the TL is a brother of the TeeBird..... but it flies like a Long Leopard. Flies "similar" (kinda) to the teebird, almost as long, but isnt as wind resistant, turns over more but has more precision in other areas.

in fact, the bottom edge is very similar to the leopard. (not trying to start a rumor, but i always think of the TL as "Tbird top, Leopard bottom and the fusion, if you know how they both fly is pretty accurate to describe the TL.)

i moved up from the leopard to the TL as i realized it could be used in very similar situations, extended the range and wasnt as flippy. (no knock on a great disc: Leopard)

TL flies straighter, fades less and later than a regular Teebird. you can put it on a light anhyzer and it will keep turning longer than a Teebird.

TL combines the best elements of the Teebird and the Leopard ... not as overstable as the teebird, not as understable as a leopard ... the star plastic takes a loooooong time to really break in ... they're very controllable ... newer and heavier will work better into a headwind, but they're still effective ...

IMO, after watching Feldberg's fundamentals DVD, I switched over to the TL from carrying both Teebirds and leopards, and I've never been happier. Remember, disc stability is another way of saying how fast a disc wants to find the ground. A TL on the same hyzer line as a Teebird, will actually hyzer left (if RHBH) a lot further due to its tendency to want to find the ground later in its flight.

The only drawback to the TL is that it doesn't handle wind at all. You'll want a TB or Eagle X to handle the windy day throws.

I've thrown TLs and TBs both up to 370 so I don't see a huge distance increase but the TL is so easy to control it's ridiculous.

Straight from Innova: The "L" stands for "Less Overstable" and "Longer"...

Well, which is it? Less Overstable or Longer?

Basically, this is a scheme to avoid having to pay for the disc to be re-approved by the PDGA. Cheapskates.

A TL is not as long as a TeeBird. Period. However, for throwers that cannot get a TeeBird fast enough to get a straight flight, the TL will get them more distance.

Is it wrong to love teebirds to death, but not feel the TLs are all that good.

Teebird is my go to and favorite disc. I just never seem to get along with a TL

teebirds are my go to disc and i have never been able to agree with a TL either.. teebirds are just better

I always question the "Long" description by Innova. Anyone ever see the TL flying further than a Teebird? (in capable hands)

I think the idea is that it goes longer for people with less snap, or "easier to throw longer". If a weenie arm puts the same amount of snap on each disc the TL throw will be longer.

but that's just my interpretation.

Latest posts