• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Starting A Club/Organization In SC

Please be more vague.....

I'm just joking but you need to be more specific to get a response. BTW welcome to the forums, or shall I say the jungle.

Sorry for the lack of information. Trying to do a lot of research and looking at a lot of websites. Hoping to form a club/organization in SC to bring us all together. Sucks going to a course and being the only one there. Hoping to host events and tournaments. Even open a store. Want to know who would be interested and willing to be involved.

SCDGC is not that active of an organization. Upstate is far the best but way out of the way for us lower staters. I want to bring all of us together.

Where do you live? I'm in the Golden Corner...Walhalla but know a lot of players from Charleston and other parts of the low country and costal areas of the state. I can probably get you hooked up with other players.

Play in the SC Doubles. You'll meet plenty of players from all across SC.

I had a chance to play at a couple courses in lower S.C. While it was not the exact lower it was on the border of S.C. close to Georgia where I also played at

Stephens County/Rose Lane DGC

At S.C I played

Sertoma Field

Shaver Recreation Center

I was visiting my brother that lives in the area. Which by the way I got him, his family, my sister and her family all into disc golfing after visiting. Granted this was two years ago and maybe things have changed. The thing I noticed in that area is maybe the lack of interest due to not many options to get discs around there. The places that do have discs had a pee (I censored this) poor selection.

As for the courses I loved them. Pretty much the same as I look forward to where I live.

I would start off by just finding out if your local area has any organizations. Trying to get a whole state might be too big of a task. Besides I think Innova is located in S.C.. Rock Hill, South Carolina. I wish I would have visited that plant.

I would start off by just finding out if your local area has any organizations. Trying to get a whole state might be too big of a task.

This...

You might want to start with your local area. Put up some flyers at the local courses and try to get a bunch of peeps to come out to a specific course, play some golf, and then have a meeting and see if peeps would be interested in forming a local club.
Trying to start a club for a whole state is a huge undertaking and you'd be smart to start much smaller.
Remember, you gotta crawl before you walk, much less run a marathon.

why would you want a club for a whole state? (unless of course you are talking CT or RI) I'd rather have a local club with 10-15 people you get to know and can count on to show up & play each week or help out on a local course or 2....

I had a chance to play at a couple courses in lower S.C. While it was not the exact lower it was on the border of S.C. close to Georgia where I also played at

Stephens County/Rose Lane DGC

At S.C I played

Sertoma Field

Shaver Recreation Center

I was visiting my brother that lives in the area. Which by the way I got him, his family, my sister and her family all into disc golfing after visiting. Granted this was two years ago and maybe things have changed. The thing I noticed in that area is maybe the lack of interest due to not many options to get discs around there. The places that do have discs had a pee (I censored this) poor selection.

As for the courses I loved them. Pretty much the same as I look forward to where I live.

I would start off by just finding out if your local area has any organizations. Trying to get a whole state might be too big of a task. Besides I think Innova is located in S.C.. Rock Hill, South Carolina. I wish I would have visited that plant.

Walhalla and Seneca are Upcountry. Upcountry and Lowcountry in South Carolina is defined by the fall line in the rivers where the rivers become slow moving. The lowcountry does have some great courses such as Trophy Lakes in Charleston which is one of only two permanent 4 disc courses in the state.

Trophy is a great course. I live in Branchville, so edisto gardens and crestwood are my local courses. Not so great.

Next summer I plan on visiting Hilton Head, SC where I plan to play Sarge. That course, although 3.5, gets a lot of hype. Any of you SC folks near that area? Would love a guide.

Yeah, I'm in the upstate and Upstate Disc Golf is probably the largest and most active in the State. I know the Columbia area has a decent club, but drawing together the coastal areas of SC would be a good undertaking... I'm not sure there's a league or club of any sort specifically for the Charleston, Myrtle Beach, or Hilton Head areas.

That's what i'm hoping to do. Just need numbers about who would be interested.

This is going to be the hard part. This forum is only going to get you so far. Your'e gonna have to get out to the courses, attend weeklies and monthlies, put up flyers, etc.
When I was in SC earlier this year I only met two peeps who had heard of this site, much less use it.
You're going to have to spend lots of time and gas money going around to all the courses, meeting people, spreading the word.
I applaud you for your desire to bring the SC peeps together, but it's not going to be an easy undertaking.

The Charleston players have a club.

Innova in Rock Hill isn't a plant, its a distibution warehouse. They do custom stamping and east coust shipping from Rock Hill. They have a small course right outside where they 'test' things.

Columbia has a pretty active organization as well. It isn't the largest club, but they are pretty faithful to their club. They play singles, doubles each week, casual rounds at two different courses, and monthly tournaments as well.

Walhalla and Seneca are Upcountry. Upcountry and Lowcountry in South Carolina is defined by the fall line in the rivers where the rivers become slow moving. The lowcountry does have some great courses such as Trophy Lakes in Charleston which is one of only two permanent 4 disc courses in the state.

Yeah I am from Ohio so, I have no clue how your state lingo goes.

Can you go visit their plant?

The Charleston players have a club.

Innova in Rock Hill isn't a plant, its a distibution warehouse. They do custom stamping and east coust shipping from Rock Hill. They have a small course right outside where they 'test' things.

Cool then maybe its cool to visit. Of course I would not be going there for quite sometime.

Its not the Up Country its the Upstate and the Lowcountry...which most people actually say the Lower part of the state. If you live in the Columbia area some refer to that as the Midlands.