• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

States sorted by most 1000 rated players?

Okay, so apparently Massachusetts has zero 1000 rated players? That would explain why I have not stumbled over them everywhere here.

I am on my way to play a round right now, and probably will not see anyone above 940 rated. The bright side is that I might not see more than 6 people out there during the round. Lots of room for growth.

Didn't Simon recently move to MA?

Washington has more than every state except California, and is also up there with Oregon in per capita, yet doesn't seem to be thought of as one of the contenders. Why is that? Is it because of the lack of big name touring players? Lack of big events in the state?

In my case it is because it is 2500 miles away from me and thereby i am less familiar.

What would be more interesting to me is to know how many people are rated 1000 or better out of people that play disc golf regularly. Maybe you'd come up with close to the same numbers?

What would be more interesting to me is to know how many people are rated 1000 or better out of people that play disc golf regularly. Maybe you'd come up with close to the same numbers?

The stats look up defaults to current year 2018. So I'm guessing that means players with active memberships???

The stats look up defaults to current year 2018. So I'm guessing that means players with active memberships???

Active memberships who have officially recorded a tournament in 2018, to be exact. The stats page is primarily there to count points. No points, even if active, no reason to be listed on that page.

What do they put in the drinking water in California? I want some of that. :)
But seriously, are the courses played that much different than the other states, or promotion of the sport. Any ideas why they have 3 times the 1,000 rated players.

Perfect weather basically year round.

They have more people, more courses, and the best weather...you can get a lot more good practice in year round in Cali than you can here in Wisconsin, that's for sure. More better players helps to push ratings up a bit over time.

The numbers are already so small as to be statistically unreliable. Except for California, 1 or 2 players moving from one state to another will significantly change the percentages.

Further filtering the 1000-rated players, by recent tournaments or whatever, will make them more so.

Which I guess doesn't matter, in that it's all a curiosity.

Duh the stats are already what I asked for "percent of 1000 rated players out of all that play". I thought it was the general population which would be irrelevant really.

One of the California 1000 rated players is Nikko Locastro. I don't know him personally, but he's in St. Louis A LOT for somebody that lives in California. I guess his mail lives in California?

One of the California 1000 rated players is Nikko Locastro. I don't know him personally, but he's in St. Louis A LOT for somebody that lives in California. I guess his mail lives in California?

Wysocki is one of the 4 1000 rated SC players...the only SC tourney he plays is the USDGC :|

With Matt Bell now moving to Oklahoma and the ratings update I made a count of 9 1000+ rated players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Matt Bell now moving to Oklahoma and the ratings update I made a count of 9 1000+ rated players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus all of us chuckers. Lol

"I'm a 1000 rated touring player, and every time I come to Michigan it seems like I get beat by someone without a PDGA number or a rating."

True quote and observation from an unnamed pro about the pure talent in Michigan.

What do they put in the drinking water in California? I want some of that. :)
But seriously, are the courses played that much different than the other states, or promotion of the sport. Any ideas why they have 3 times the 1,000 rated players.

any chance a lot of their hs/colleges do disc golf? also maybe they build off each other out there. 2 or 3 hit the pros do local clinics help set up 6-9 become pros etc etc

The numbers are already so small as to be statistically unreliable. Except for California, 1 or 2 players moving from one state to another will significantly change the percentages.

Here I'm wondering how many of the players listed as "Californians" moved there from other states. Are the players sorted by where their home addresses are now or where they grew up and started playing disc golf?

Latest posts