• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Steve Brinster 'In The Bag' up at TheSpinTV

Avery has star teebirds in his "in the bag" video.

I love my star teebirds, sometimes ill throw a champ in the bag...but I mainly throw star teebirds.

I love my DX 'birds, but Star Teebirds are my favorite of the premium plastics. Straight, straight, straight, with that nice quick fade when they're in the sweet spot.

Edit: I also prefer Star over Champion because I feel like they power down better. I can back off them and get a long gentle fade, instead of the dump I get when I power down a Champ.

Last edited:
Interesting to see him throwing XCals and Teedevils for Big D, and not Destros like seemingly every other Innova pro. Wonder why?

He was carrying three first run ecostar xcals, which was my first max d driver, they are AWESOME, they are better into a headwind than a destroyer, just as much glide, and you can beat the crap out of them so they start to flip, but they still stay stable. As far as the TeeDevil, I carry two, but they're inconsistent, one is a meat hook, the other is a hyzer flip machine, but for a throw away, they're not bad.

Glad you guys liked the vid! We also shot a little teaser bit where he talks about his signature mold (affectionately nicknamed the "BeeBirds") for those who want the straight-from-the-source info as to how/why they're different.

I'm working on more USDGC stuff right now (DGCR posting while files are rendering) so stay tuned as we've got more content coming up in the next few days and weeks!

---

every innova pro in the bag has been filled with climo champion teebirds. this is the first that i've seen with star teebirds. nothing wrong with that, i personally prefer star teebirds cause they beat in well, but it is out of the ordinary.

I know Avery Jenkins throws Star Teebirds, and so does local Oregon pro Nate Sexton. Brinster made it sound like he throws Star Teebirds specifically because they are more understable.

True statements all around, Avery and Steve both use them as their straighter or drifty 'birds and they each like their tour series discs as their more overstable/predictable 'birds.

Really appreciate all the hard work man! Great talent and great content! :thmbup:

Very different bag than basically every other Innova pro who has done an ITB on SpinTV.

Not that different... he still relies heavily on aviars, rocs, teebirds, and firebirds. The only thing missing from the standard innova pro combo is the destroyers.

Not that different... he still relies heavily on aviars, rocs, teebirds, and firebirds. The only thing missing from the standard innova pro combo is the destroyers.

Its almost like he split Destros into several molds to cover the ranges. Xcals for stable to over, Wraiths for stable to under.

Latest posts