• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stinger's Bag

stinger1030

Hey guys,

gearing up for the season and trying to figure out what I need to get in the bag or take out.

As for me I have been playing for about 6 years. Really started focusing my game in the last year or so. Driving around 450' pretty comfortably.

Putters:
  • Soft Voodoo 173
  • Soft Voodoo 174
  • Crystal Z Challenger 175 (Approach putter)

Mids:
  • Proton Vector 178
  • Z Wasp 177
  • Z Buzzz 178 (kind of broken in, holds flat lines pretty well)
  • ESP Meteor 175
  • Z Comet 177
  • Champ Gator 175
  • Champ Rhyno 175

Drivers:
  • Star Teerex 175
  • Star Wraith 175 (Go to driver)
  • Z Predator 174
  • S-Line PD 175
  • Champ Banshee 175
  • Star Eagle-X 172
  • Champ TeeBird 170
  • Champ Leopard 169 (holds really straight lines)

Right now I'm not sure about a few things. Vector and Wasp seem to hold similar lines, so not sure about having both of them in the bag. Same thing with the Eagle-X and TeeBird.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I'm not sure you need both the Teerex and the Predator. That's about the only immediate thing I see that could be changes is dropping one of them.

Right now I'm not sure about a few things. Vector and Wasp seem to hold similar lines, so not sure about having both of them in the bag. Same thing with the Eagle-X and TeeBird.

Thanks for any suggestions.

i was going to mention that overlap. the eagle and teebird should fly differently, though. how far are you throwing mids and fairways?

I'm not sure you need both the Teerex and the Predator. That's about the only immediate thing I see that could be changes is dropping one of them.

there is a significant speed difference between these, i don't think it qualifies as overlap. i see more overlap between the pred and the banshee. i would consider dropping the banshee, you can cover those shots with the pred and s-pd.

seems like you have a lot of stable/overstable drivers. you didn't mention throwing any forehand. what are your flippy drivers?

how far are you throwing mids and fairways?

My Eagle and TeeBird I can put out around 375' to 400'. Mids are anywhere from 325'-350' full power.

seems like you have a lot of stable/overstable drivers. you didn't mention throwing any forehand. what are your flippy drivers?

The only flippy driver that I have in my bag is probably my Wraith. It's beat in pretty well and holds a decent anny line. In the past I have had a Roadrunner in my bag, but I found that I wasn't using it all that much except for the occasional roller.