• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Storm Discs Maelstrom

jmdaire27

Double Eagle Member
Anyone have any info? Wraith clone, it appears. In my never ending [useless] quest to find a good DD, I was considering the wraith, but came across this..

From Infinite
Maelstrom Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.4 cm
Height: 1.7 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 2.2 cm
Max Weight: 176.00 g
Additional Information:
Speed: 11.0
Glide: 5.0
Turn: -1.0
Fade: 3.0
Primary Use: Distance Driver
Stability: Overstable
Recommended Skill Level: Intermediate, Everyone
Plastic grade(s): Premium

Anyone have any info? Wraith clone, it appears. In my never ending [useless] quest to find a good DD, I was considering the wraith, but came across this..

From Infinite
Maelstrom Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.4 cm
Height: 1.7 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 2.2 cm
Max Weight: 176.00 g
Additional Information:
Speed: 11.0
Glide: 5.0
Turn: -1.0
Fade: 3.0
Primary Use: Distance Driver
Stability: Overstable
Recommended Skill Level: Intermediate, Everyone
Plastic grade(s): Premium

The maelstrom us the gateway blurr in premium plastic. So I sure flight reviews there would be relevant.

Anyone have any info? Wraith clone, it appears. In my never ending [useless] quest to find a good DD, I was considering the wraith, but came across this

Just curious, what's the trouble finding good DDs? I know that the ones I have were not the same as a Wraith, too me, though at the time I'm sure I was hoping they would be.

Just curious, what's the trouble finding good DDs? I know that the ones I have were not the same as a Wraith, too me, though at the time I'm sure I was hoping they would be.

I think it's more of a product of being in my head, and this quarantine bit. My bag had remained the same the last few years, than the one year that I can play competitively and the bearing fall apart... shrugs.

Was throwing the trespass a good while, but I felt I was maybe hitting a barrier with it. Been trying the emperor, but am wondering if I should try a little slower disc for my arm speed.

I think it's more of a product of being in my head, and this quarantine bit. My bag had remained the same the last few years, than the one year that I can play competitively and the bearing fall apart... shrugs.

Was throwing the trespass a good while, but I felt I was maybe hitting a barrier with it. Been trying the emperor, but am wondering if I should try a little slower disc for my arm speed.

I did the same though more US in my bag at 11 speed to help my distance as a 12 speed Destroyer is too much disc for me. Other then 2019 a Magnet variant Proline Titanic made in Discraft factory for/by DGA 2 of the mold being new in my bag, my bag has been the same since 2017 or so when I had to replace the Z XL with Z Stalker. It was just the Z XL needed replacement getting flippy and was oop, the Stalker was the closest disc in Discraft lineup. My bag has been the same not really changing since then with that XL replacement mold and in early 2017 getting the Shark 3 as the midrange mold I use for midrange shots.

Last edited:
The maelstrom us the gateway blurr in premium plastic. So I sure flight reviews there would be relevant.

It's not a blurr, the Mailstrom has a "normal" top. I'm slowly coming back from an injury so I haven't given it a full field session.

Attachments

• 15896318948167337083821373341428.jpg
    15896318948167337083821373341428.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 45
It's not a blurr, the Mailstrom has a "normal" top. I'm slowly coming back from an injury so I haven't given it a full field session.

How's the feel? I tend to like the 1.1 depth; but there is definitely a range of what is listed at 1.1. The Grym is super shallow, kind of hard to grip, the Trespass/Enforcer has a pretty good depth, and the Raider is super deep (idk how it is listed at 1.1...).

Comfortable in the hand but definitely on the shallow side. I'll try to find something to compare the Maelstrom to.

How did it fly? Really curious how it works for a player with ~350ft of power.

How did it fly? Really curious how it works for a player with ~350ft of power.

I throw a little farther than you but my Maelstroms are probably 11/5/-2/2.
The shallow feel doesn't bother me.
But, when I ordered from Storm I asked for the least stable Maelstroms. Mine are light blue 175 with a slightly convex wing.

Latest posts