• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Straighest Flying Disc You Own

Putter: anode or bar stamp aero
Midrange: axis or tangent depending on the release angle and elevation
Fairway: Probably gonna be my switches when they get here but for now im gonna go servo
Distance driver: volt or old z wildcat

A seasoned Wizard. Great HSS but very little to no fade. I guess any stable putter will be relatively straight. DX Rocs can be extremely straight too.

The straightest disc I have right now is this **** **** **** ***** **** **** **** beat EXP1 that I use for hyzer shots. :|

most of these are putters and mids for obvious reasons but what would you guys say is the straightest fairway driver. Im trying to find something I can hyzer flip to flat without it turning over. Also want something that wont finish with too much fade or skip. So pretty much im looking for the best disc ever

most of these are putters and mids for obvious reasons but what would you guys say is the straightest fairway driver. Im trying to find something I can hyzer flip to flat without it turning over. Also want something that wont finish with too much fade or skip. So pretty much im looking for the best disc ever
Star TL for me.

The faster you get the more prone to some low speed fade and skip by design. learning to stretch out your putter/mid is great for the situation you describe.

There are lots of 7-9 speed discs which will work but you are looking for something that isn't possible to really even design.

Champion Leopard for the win! Awesome hyzer flip straightness.

My Star and G* Leos are incredibly straight for 300-320'

My Comets for 250'

Classic Aviar for 150-200'

I just got some 3rd run C-FDs, and I'm very curious to see how they fly.

My Star and G* Leos are incredibly straight for 300-320'

My Comets for 250'

Classic Aviar for 150-200'

I just got some 3rd run C-FDs, and I'm very curious to see how they fly.

2nd the classic aviar. I was throwing a stack I got from MS yesterday in a park and my friend commented that there was less than 10-15 ft of left to right even with the hyzer flip. straight as an arrow.

ESP LE Comet, Magic

I threw the straightest shot I've ever thrown with that Comet, about 315' and on a frozen rope. Even slid directly forward about 15-20 ft.

As others have said, out of the box would probably be a Leopard... However the straightest flying discs I've seen were somewhat beat in Teebirds. They're a lot like Rocs but in a fairway driver form. I prefer Eagles personally, but I can't deny that the Teebird is the straightest flying fairway.

Here's a couple of threads that might help:
link1
link2

A lot of the older, slow fairway drivers are good for this, like Gazelles, Cyclones, Cheetahs, Sabers, QJLS, etc, discs usually designed for base plastic. Beat DX Teebirds and Eagle Xs are worth checking out. In star/Champ, Leopards are good as are Z XLs. TLs that are beat in a bit are usually safe bets.

Like AftC said, the faster you go the tougher it is to nail down a perfectly straight flight. It becomes more dependent on the thrower to execute with the right amount hyzer, nose angle, height, and speed/power to shape that perfectly straight line with a driver and not get some fade or skip at the end.

Latest posts