• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Straight putter

opto Pure

I kept trying to throw it on turnover lines (and it kinda worked), but it does straight so well. Of course if you throw putters 300' maybe you'll turn it over more than I do.

I'm looking for a Putter I can drive with mostly that I can put on a slight Hyzer and have it go dead straight to finish with some last turn. Been looking at the XD, Colt...any other molds...I bag Innova so I would like to stay with something familiar.

For me this is the Aviar3 in star. Champ glow and Luster still fit the bill but will fade at the end. Now that I think about it my luster doesnt fade much when thrown hard flat low and straight.

yeah for real the 3 discs you'd want to try - RDG Serpent, Axiom Proxy, MVP Atom - All are very straight/stable Serpent is slow and low glide like 2/2/0/1 (can beat into 0/0), Proxy is faster more glide but still super straight 3/3/0/0.5, and the Atom can handle a lil more power and flies like 3.5/3/0/1.25

These discs rule, just sayin'

I want to pile on with another Proxy suggestion. In Neutron plastic, it's been the most consistent dead straight approach disc I've used. Currently out of the bag because I wanted to improve approaching with a slower disc (P2), but I'm sure it will be back in at some point. It's also one of the coolest looking discs I have.

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 8
I would say a Champion Aviar also fits the description of being dead straight with very little fade. I've become so dependent on mine that I'm not sure what I'd do without it on the course.

Envy is also good for this slot, might be a bit more fade than you want at the end though, Proxy like others have said is a great choice, atom too.

You can't beat their premium plastic for a driving putter, i have had an Envy in Neutron for years and i still drive with it, hasn't changed much at all.

These are both quite deep, OP is looking for shallow.

Colt sounds perfect for what OP wants but it has a bead. Deputy could work too, I think it has a microbead though.

Deputy has no bead but is a great thrower. I have a moonshine Deputy that I bag. I use it as an understable compliment to my judge. Great glide too.