• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

straightest out of the box putter?

Small diameter and straight? Sounds like a Dart to me. It's much straighter than my Aviar P&A, and well, everything else in my bag.

magic is straight straight straight and voodoo has noticable fade especially if thrown soft. if you putt with authority and slam it in then wizards and voodoos are straight when thrown hard

I'm using a Magic and lovin' it. Straight putter, can get in a variety of flexes, and makes a great turning disc with minimum if you need it.

The JuJu is dead straight with some spin. I haven't thrown one in a year, but they don't even have low speed fade on drives. When i played with it, the only problem was that it went too straight sometimes. I'd throw it around a tree trying to make it fade, but it wouldn't. I've got a friend in Salisbury who plays with one, and for him it's dead straight, but he always spin putts.

magic is straight straight straight and voodoo has noticable fade especially if thrown soft. if you putt with authority and slam it in then wizards and voodoos are straight when thrown hard

I need to re-enforce this idea here for the Magic again. I like the fade-finish of my Banger-GT and liked it better than the Voodoo or Wizard, but I gotta back up the Gateway guy when he is right on the Magic.

I find myself gravitating towards a spin putter, so something that I can put some spin on and send it towards the basket like a laser greatly interests me right now. Might have to pick up a Magic again. I had a S Magic but it didn't quite cut it. Maybe it was too stiff for my liking or I hadn't broke it in yet.

I find myself gravitating towards a spin putter, so something that I can put some spin on and send it towards the basket like a laser greatly interests me right now. Might have to pick up a Magic again. I had a S Magic but it didn't quite cut it. Maybe it was too stiff for my liking or I hadn't broke it in yet.

I use the Magic SSS and like it. Nice tack and definately more flexible, about like a JK Pro Aviar, but not like a R-Pro, if you are familiar with them.

I use the Magic SSS and like it. Nice tack and definately more flexible, about like a JK Pro Aviar, but not like a R-Pro, if you are familiar with them.

R-pro is a bit too gummy for me, I'm pretty familiar with the Gateway stuff since I've got Warlocks in E, SS, and SSS. I really like the predictable fade of my SS Warlock but there is this little space around 25'-35' from the basket that I find myself in all the damn time and my putts either die and fade right in front of the basket or I throw them too hard and miss right. I can't hit that sweet spot.

What are you useing now? I'm a hyzer putter and use a magnet but my friend is a spin putter that uses a challenger.
If you still want a juju, I have one in good shape I'd be willing to trade for any discraft in decent condition

I really like the predictable fade of my SS Warlock but there is this little space around 25'-35' from the basket that I find myself in all the damn time and my putts either die and fade right in front of the basket or I throw them too hard and miss right. I can't hit that sweet spot.
i have the same "problem" outside 25ft.

my suggestion would be to keep throwing whats working inside 25ft and either use a different disc outside 25 or a different style or both.

in that 25-35 range i either throw a 175Rpro Omega ss dead straight or a 170 dx aviar p&a on hyzer . Outside 35ft i like my floppy star skeeter or my omega ss.

chances are your not going to do to good(%) throwing one disc from 0-55 feet using the same line or tecnique(style) imo.
P.S. im also a spin putter.

I have the Voodoo in all plastics. Aviar in all plastics. Rhyno's in all plastics. Now I am starting to think. I just need to stick with one of them and learn to friggin putt instead of trying a new putter every three months!!

Straightest putter, least fade, Gateway Magic, max weight.
The best way to keep them from fading at distance is to increase the spin.

What's the difference in the voodoo and magic. Is it just the speed.

The Voodoo has a small bead and a rounder "nose".
The Magic has no bead and a flatter bottom bevel.
Hard to explain, but I have both and that's the best i can do.

The Voodoo will fade faster than the Magic. The Voodoo is more like a less stable Wizard.

I have the Voodoo in all plastics. Aviar in all plastics. Rhyno's in all plastics. Now I am starting to think. I just need to stick with one of them and learn to friggin putt instead of trying a new putter every three months!!

That Rhyno makes a nice approach disc. Also good for short forehands to get out of trouble and putting into strong wind.

I really like the predictable fade of my SS Warlock but there is this little space around 25'-35' from the basket that I find myself in all the damn time and my putts either die and fade right in front of the basket or I throw them too hard and miss right. I can't hit that sweet spot.

I haven't thrown a Warlock, but have used Wizards and Aviar BBs. I know that space and yes, mine died two feet too short on longer putts. The Magic will hold that line longer. I use a hyzer release and aim it higher to the right for longer putts so if I miss it still lands close and holds.

i have the same "problem" outside 25ft.

my suggestion would be to keep throwing whats working inside 25ft and either use a different disc outside 25 or a different style or both.

in that 25-35 range i either throw a 175Rpro Omega ss dead straight or a 170 dx aviar p&a on hyzer . Outside 35ft i like my floppy star skeeter or my omega ss.

chances are your not going to do to good(%) throwing one disc from 0-55 feet using the same line or tecnique(style) imo.
P.S. im also a spin putter.

I use the same style putting from 0-100+, I just reach farther down in my pull. I don't really know the name of my putting style, but it works great for me. I'm a pretty offensive putter, no hyzer, just right at it. I'm not sure where I start jump putting, but I think it's around 45-50.

I use the same style putting from 0-100+, I just reach farther down in my pull. I don't really know the name of my putting style, but it works great for me. I'm a pretty offensive putter, no hyzer, just right at it. I'm not sure where I start jump putting, but I think it's around 45-50.
i think using the word "style" was a little to general let me elaborate, what i meant is the farther you get back chances are your gonna need to change something (stance, angle ,reach back ) not really what style(spin, straddle) .

If you use the same disc for 0-50 your gonna Have to do something different. what ive found is that i can throw a different disc and i dont have to change my angle/speed/stance as much.

i think using the word "style" was a little to general let me elaborate, what i meant is the farther you get back chances are your gonna need to change something (stance, angle ,reach back ) not really what style(spin, straddle) .

If you use the same disc for 0-50 your gonna Have to do something different. what ive found is that i can throw a different disc and i dont have to change my angle/speed/stance as much.

gotcha. I just use a wizard and a magic all day long, magic for lob putts where I don't want to go past the basket, and for anyhyzer putts around obstacles where a forehand putt just won't work. Everything else is the wizzzard