• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strawn Park

sscarmana

Par Member
Anyone in the Mid-Missouri area heard anything about when the new Strawn Park course will be opening?

Scott, the grand opening has been delayed several times already due to weather, but it's now scheduled for June 23rd. Most of the tees have now been poured, and we are in the home stretch. Fingers crossed.

Good to hear! It will be nice to get out there when the days are nice and long at the beginning of summer. Thanks for the reply

Hey John... when you're back in the area, walk the brand new course in Holts Summit just down the way from Columbia. We got a decent piece of land and a good start before I had to move to Charlotte. The club finished the course now and while there is work still to do, folks are really liking it. Probably somewhere between White and Blue level I'm thinking, but things could've changed.

Thanks for the info, Scott. This next trip will be a quick in and out with no time for fun, but maybe next time we roll through. I did look at the pictures -- looks like a nice property. Hope you're enjoying NC.

Anyone in the Mid-Missouri area heard anything about when the new Strawn Park course will be opening?

Just to add a bit to the info John had - the Thursday before Mid-America Open is the grand opening ceremony. The BYOP doubles will be out there this year on the Thursday before the tournament, since Open/Adv divisions will be playing 3 days (one at Strawn)

Hopefully the weather stays nice this spring so it gets completed on time! I've heard they are very close to completion.

So Pro/Adv is playing 3 rds Strawn Oakland and Hills, in that order?

4 rounds, strawn being one day and the other 3 courses on the other two days. (Subject to change obv, I'm not the TD)

Harmony bends at Strawn Park is fully open and ready to play.

If you're a disc golfer, you owe it to yourself to come out and play this course. I've been waiting several years for this, and it still exceeded all of my expectations.

Latest posts