• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

This company releases new stuff at a break neck pace.

But still no decent baseline ion :(

I have found that if I want to throw a MVP/Axiom disc I have to go about 7-10 grams lighter to get the disc to actually fly semi-decently. If these are as consistent as they say they will I will definitely give them a try but I will definitely need a PD, Destroyer, and TeeBird like disc before I'm willing to convert.
For the tweird shots yoy have two choices. Volt, which I think flys more like an eagle, and crave which IMO is one of the best teebird clones on the market.

If the discs fly identical then it would be pretty bad for their marketing in regards to GYRO tho. Not sure how smart that would be. On the other hand, if the discs flew differently it would validate their marketing

They're a smart group.

They would never release, say an Envy, as a single shot mold.

Mainly because, for the vast majority of people, it will fly the same.

That would call their GYRO claims into question then.

FWIW, I think they would fly differently, but not enough for the average player to notice.

I'm speechless, between the beer, heavy dinner and peanut butter cookie I can barely talk.

No, seriously, they just sold their soul to the devil!!

I always considered "gyro" to be humbug marketing. This sure doesn't change my opinion.

The credit they heap upon themselves for this "accomplishment" doesn't do much for me either.

This is a bit like the Apple watch. Let's put out crap and see exactly how far our brand equity will carry. If these fancy new discs (which are exactly like the ones Innova has put out for 40 years) sell, MVP can rest assured that they have an enduring brand presence.

Good metaphor. I will say that Apple has been able to do things like that because they make consistent and reliable products. Overpriced? Yes.

MVP has gained a reputation the same way by being consistent and reliable without the overpriced part.

If they really wanted to help themselves, their first one-shot should have been the OS putter everyone wants.

Seriously, I think this means other companies need to step up their game.

Trace Model Specs
Speed 11 Glide 5 Turn -1 Fade 2
Weights: 164g - 175g
Rim width: 21mm
Diameter: 21.2cm
The Trace is a straight-stable distance driver.
The Trace has a manageable 21mm rim width and straight-stable flight that places it squarely in the Speed 11 Power Straight market. The Trace's moderate dome is smooth and even, with a shoulder and depth that yields excellent glide. Most players will be able to stand the Trace up on a hyzerflip, but the Trace will soak up plenty of power before being pushed off its straight line. Its ending fade is smooth but dependable for easy ranging.

I've been considering different discs for this sort of speed and flight pattern, color me intrigued. Hopefully it'll fly more like the numbers though; I've always found Gyro discs beyond speed 4 or 5 seem to fly more overstable than the flight charts would lead me to believe.

Another thing which probably helps MVP's price point is the brothers' dad owning a plastics company which, IIRC, supplies all the plastic for the MVP and Axiom discs. Cutting out the middle man and the extra shipping costs from supplier to disc manufacturer have to help out costs as well.

If they really wanted to help themselves, their first one-shot should have been the OS putter everyone wants.

Seriously, I think this means other companies need to step up their game.

I'm not sure Innova will even notice

I'm not sure Innova will even notice

Agreed. But once they have a bunch of discs out I wonder if their market will be MVP-inclined players trying out the other offerings, or how much will be everyone in general trying out new stuff.

For me a lot of it will come down to how their neutron/proton plastics feel in these one shot discs...how grippy etc. they are. The biggest selling point to me if I like the flight and feel, is if they can get the same consistency in these as their overmolds.

I do find that the MVP/Axiom stuff has certain flight properties to it from the overmold, and as much as it makes sense form a marketing point to make this other stuff, it will let them make other flight characteristics too.

The funny thing is MVP doesnt give a **** about converting over any innovanazi. I cant tell you how many new and younger players ive seen locally in the past year throwing MVP/axiom and they dont even know what gyro is.

Now they will make better single mold discs for less loot and keep growing. They dont need a lame ass factory store either they like to see retailers succeed and i know for a FACT that mvp has made many people some $.

The baskets alone are such a win lol people are so salty here. I love winning. I found a winner early on with latitude and same with MVP. Funny i might actually know something about good discs and how to throw.

Even streets knows the ion crushes any nova lol. And he likes valks but could easily throw an inertia.

I like the ion and the Nova.

Very different discs but the ion is far more versatile.

Latest posts