• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Super overstable dx/equivalent driver.

I have some sure grip Spirits and they may just be the beefiest disc I've ever thrown, and in they are in really light weights too. Crazy disc.

I second viper and whippet in dx, not much experience w dx fb so, no comment.

Do they make the blaze or spirit in the sure grip plastic?

Also, if you ask around id bet you could find a champ fb used for around the same price as new dx. If you throw ch fb regularly id suggest just doing that

They do make Blazes in Sure Grip and they are great discs. I like them better than HPP and Sure Grip plastic holds stability for a surprisingly long time.

dx firebird was good for me until i straight drilled a tree at full speed. after that it was still throwable but had some HST. i could've tuned it back, but i think i just realized DX is probably best for speed 7 and under where trees are concerned. it will work for you in that OS role.

i haven't hit any trees with my x force yet, but it's pretty surprising how much wind that thing can take. a different member had different results but as far as mine goes, i can't turn it without any help. it's also way faster than a FB so it may not be what you want.

i'd say DX FB is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
oh yeah hole is wide open. buy a dx wraith, eagle or tb would work according to your sig.

honestly just play it safe and water looks avoidable. throw your regulars

How far is the water Carry? That doesn't seem like that wide of a landing zone and that firebird might carry too far left and into the woods. I would say dx TeeBird or eagle.

With the elevation drop, a Firebird might be overkill. At a distance of 460+, will you need a faster disc to get decent distance?

If it's a par 5 from the AM tee, and 255ft to carry the water to the landing area, I'd throw a Pro-D Drone for a layup and eagle, unless I threw it in the water, or the woods.

5c4b792c.jpg

e7d44191.jpg

This course must be pretty old if John Belushi is playing it while the tee pad is still curing.

Water disc or not, why bring a new, unfamiliar disc to a tourney?

From the pictures, it looks like you'll be fine as long as you're clean off the tee. Trust yourself and throw whatever will hold up in whatever inevitable wind will be there.

Personally, i would just rip and Xcal or a teerex out over the water knowing its gonna finish left... but thats just me

Looking for a driver that is overstable in dx type plastic. I have a big tournament coming up and need it for a water hole. I really don't want to have to buy a premium plastic disc and throw it in the drink.

The bar stamped DX Valks in the Innova pro shop are as stable as FB's and the surface texture and grip are awesome plus, they look cool.

I've hit about 7-8 trees with mine (2 hard) and it hasn't lost a tick in stabliity yet.

I was going to say Banshee until I saw the hole. I haven't thrown Wraiths, but have friends who do, so I think rocthecourse has the right idea.

Latest posts