• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superstitious?

zud00

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I just made a funny observation as I posted my new ace pictures in my photo albums on my profile.....For all 5 of my aces I have had over the past 13 months, I was wearing the same hat. I have several hats and often wear different ones while playing, but I thought it was funny that all of my aces have occured when I was wearing my Cubs hat. I think I just determined which hat I must wear while playing:D.

Anyone else have any superstitions when they go out and play? Maybe you have something you always wear or something you do before your round begins?

My apologies if this has been covered before, I just thought it was funny to notice my "hat superstition" while looking at my pictures:).

I truly believe that finding a penny and then picking it up will bring you luck. Heads or tails does not matter. If you find one and don't pick it up you are in for a world of trouble.

Other than always wearing the same ChiSox hat, not really.

Man, if anything happened to that hat...

Man, if anything happened to that hat...

Lol. I had an Adidas hat I wore for nearly 10 years. It is nasty and beat up and I swore upon that hat. It has since been retired, but still in my possesion.

I think I'm going to have to devote this Cubs hat to DG and buy another one to wear for outside of DG:D.

ive been wearing the same pair of (unwashed) underwear every time i have golfed since i shot a 9 down at my local course 8 years ago. hey juju is juju.:|

My brother bought an Innova fitted hat that ended up being too small for him, so i bought it from him. I went without an ace all of last year -- I've been wearing the hat every time and I already have 4 this year -- lucky hat!

my superstition: tying my shoes right before I tee off on #1. They have to be tied perfect or i'll re-tie them.

No superstitions yet, but I think I've just made one for myself that I need to try out. My 2 highest rated rounds I have been on a card with Juniors. It seems to keep my self loathing down during tourney play, as if I'm trying to set a good example or something. I have to test this theory at my next event.

I truly believe that finding a penny and then picking it up will bring you luck. Heads or tails does not matter. If you find one and don't pick it up you are in for a world of trouble.

According to my Mom, you have to put it in your shoe. Which really sucks when you wear boots. When I jammed one into my heel and drew blood I stopped that practice.

Every ace I have had comes when I am playing like junk. If I am having a hot round I can pretty much count it out. So in a way its superstition in that I always think about hitting an ace when I am playing like junk. Surprised I haven't hit more with that logic.

I would answer, "No!" but extremely bad mojo's bestowed upon those who type two-letter words during springtime Tuesday afternoons where the year's a number divisible into 67 equal integral parts.

I don't have any superstitions really, but I have a good routine i go through before every shot.

Not really but I always wear my Kangol golf hat and I always seem to go under par while wearing it. If I'm not wearing it my times on the course of pretty bad.

I aced the first hole once and went on to have one of the worst rounds I've ever had. Even though I tell myself that I don't really believe in superstitions, I don't seem to attack that hole as aggressively as I used to.

No superstitions but I have a habit of spinning the disc on my finger before I throw.

I don't know if this is just me, but my discs always have to be in the same order in my bag and facing the same way. If not it really bothers me mentally and I fix them ASAP.

This one is a little strange, but if I am not driving to the course I usually grab one disc out of my bag and hold it in the car, looking over my grips and visualizing shots I want to make with that disc on the upcoming round. I do the same on the way home and replay in my head the good shots I made with that disc. If I play like garbage I leave them all in the bag on the way home. If I am the one driving to the course I also leave them all in the bag.

Latest posts