• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Swinging the Mace (Latitude 64 Mace)

clard

Double Eagle Member
There are a few mentions here and there of the mace, but I haven't seen a good breakdown of this disc anywhere on dgr yet. I just ordered a 172 gold line and a 178 recycled. Has anyone noticed any differences between the plastics with the mace Anyone throwing this as their workhorse mid?

I used to throw them. The recycled was a bit more stable for me. They are very stralight flyers with a good fade at the end. Only thing i had thrown before that compared was the roc3. The mace hs more glide than the roc3 though.

What is the wing like? I really like the fugitive's profile with the bead. Could the mace be a more overstable fugitive?

Similar wing, flatter top than the fugitive. Much more overstable than the fugitive. (Lucid fugitives are somehwhat understable, biofuzion stable, mace is more over/stable than both).

This sounds great. I've been looking for something a bit more stable. Any chance that some of the lss beats out before the hss does? That would be great.

i had one for a while and yes it got straighter on the finish but never lost hss for me. I threw it out to about 350' so at that power should give you a good idea.

Would the mace be more hss than a proton vector with very little dome?

I'd say the Mace is a tad more overstable than the Vector. All in all pretty similar flights, but the Mace has just a fraction more HSS.

My only Mace is a Zero hard and it is power hungry and about as long as my Rancho DX Rocs but with more fade than a new Roc. Mace is faster so it equals the faster dropping before and after the fade with speed thus making it more suited to a power thrower banging low lines at full tilt.Normal Warships that have the outer edge drooping down flip at sub 300' distances and the Mace is the opposite in stability. The Mace can take some headwinds at full power for a 400'+ thrower. I have no idea how it beats in. And apparently some Warships have way higher PLH than most ones and fly straight so YMMV based on what you use as a comparison.

Thanks for the info JR. I'm holding out for a base-type plastic (like Test Material 2) midrange from the Lat. 64 crew to beat into a line-holding anny/turnover disc to kick out the old X Buzzz I currently have filling that role. I'm thinking a Tursas at the moment but it might be too understable on longer throws and burn out too quickly.

The tursas is definitely way understable. For that buzz replacement i suggest a classic truth since you want the base plastic.

I throw Maces pretty much exclusively for my mids, picked up 8 zero hårds yesterday to start cycling through (got 3 GLs and 1 ZH from before). Fresh they're pretty overstable and after some wear they lose some of the fade without getting too flippy. My first ZH mace is pretty beat up now and is great for smooth turnovers/hyzerflips and annys while being perfectly straight when powered down.

I'm loving my maces so far. After deflashing both my 172 gold and 178 recycled I got in about a dozen throws on the field with each. Surprising amount of distance on low line drives, and there is not an extreme fade at the end which is great. The fade definitely kicks in sooner on the recycled while the gold wants to hold straight a bit longer before a long fade out. Lovely discs. This is also my first disc in recycled plastic, and it feels really grippy and durable. Hopefully it is as durable as it feels.

Latest posts