• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Taurus

I've been throwing my buddies light blue (max weight) Taurus for the last couple weeks. We both cycle Rocs, so he let me borrow one of his two to try out. So far I think it's great. It's more overstable than a majority of Champion Rancho Rocs, not by much though. It's not Gator overstable. It still has decent glide for being as overstable as it is. I could see this being a cheap alternative to a USDGC Roc. I might have to buy one or buy this one off my buddy. It's what I wanted the RocX3 to be. It isn't flat like a RocX3, it doesn't have a huge dome either. It has the same amount of dome as I like my KC/DX Rocs to have. Overall I'd recommend it to anyone who wants an overstable Roc in premium plastic.

I wonder if it will cut into the sales of the USDGC Champs or b/c these are Millennium, it will only be sought out by so few people as to make no difference. Sounds like this should be a very popular disc but probably won't be. Is this more or less stable than the RocX3?

I wonder if it will cut into the sales of the USDGC Champs or b/c these are Millennium, it will only be sought out by so few people as to make no difference. Sounds like this should be a very popular disc but probably won't be. Is this more or less stable than the RocX3?
I have more experience with the Taurus. I would say thrown at 80% power the Taurus is more overstable. I definitely would put more trust in a Taurus than a RocX3 in the wind. I'm in no way saying I'm as good as McBeth. I don't bag a RocX3 for the same reason he doesn't bag one anymore. The RocX3 was pretty good in calm conditions & when I wasn't throwing at 80% power. It would stay straight longer than I wanted when thrown in a headwind. It didn't have the "dump fade" I was hoping it would have. I only own one RocX3 so I may have just gotten a "bad one". I doubt it though. I've heard others have similar complaints.

They really need to make the Taurus in the Millenium standard and DT plastics. I like the Taurus but I don't think I am going to bag it

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to throwing these. In line with what Discinfiend is saying, I'm hoping that they don't get moved around by the wind as much as the RocX3 (and the aviar3 for that matter). They didn't flip for me, just got pushed around while still being flat in the air which was a new experience to me. I didn't like the slant of the inside rim on the RocX3 either, so I'm really hoping these are straighter in that regard. If that is the case, I have no problem with them being overlooked for being Millennium, just as the Sirius Scorpiuses seem to have been, compared to destroyers. More for me!

As a Millennium and Roc thrower, the Taurus is great! I wanted to like the RocX3 but the plus rim ruins my grip/release accuracy. The Taurus feels like a beefy Champion Roc, and pairs well with my KC Rocs. The Taurus has very similar distance to the Roc but has a reliable fade/dump at the end of the flight. It also seems to handle wind better than the RX3.

I too hope that Millennium releases a base plastic version of the Taurus. It could very well shake my Roc lineup if they season well.

I got mine today. Are these Luster plastic? Mine's got a wee bit of swirl to them.

I got mine today. Are these Luster plastic? Mine's got a wee bit of swirl to them.

I've seen a good bit of regular champion plastic with swirls or pearl in it lately. For example a lot of the Champion Shrykes have some pearl in them (and we know for sure they were recently run since the mold isn't very old). They're also a little more opaque and a little less gummy. I don't know if that's just going to be how Champion plastic is going forward or what. The Jolly Launcher era could be coming to an end; time will tell.

Yeah, seems more likely. I checked the Taurus page at discgolf Sweden and it came up as Luster Taurus, so I got curious. It seems like a pretty sweet disc for that overstable mid slot though.

Just throwing this out there: Sentinel (cobra?) top, rancho roc bottom?

I remember my Brinster sentinel being pretty blunt nosed, like the Taurus.

I just got one in the mail today. Mine is identical look and feel to the plastic of my C-md4(both run very recently I would assume). Very clear, no pearliness. Very very grippy.

What color is yours Ian? Mine is pink with some purple streaks in there.

My Taurus and MD4 are both neon pink. Jolly launcher-ish. No streaks. But they both feel great. Taurus seems to have closer to a true 0 hss. They fly pretty similarly though. I have only thrown the Taurus ~10 times though. Hoping it beats in to fly like a new md3, and my md3 beats in to fly like a neutral buzzz. Time will tell I guess.

The Taurus definitely has a true HSS of 0. All of mine are marked Rx on the bottom. When compared to the RocX3, the nose looks very similar. It almost looks like a RocX...given the shape of the dome, the nose, the wing and the bead. I think a lot of people were hoping the RocX3 would fly like this thing. Regardless...it's nice to have something that fits between a Gator and a QMS for my setup.

In terms of stability, this is how I'd rate them(Most to least). Taurus > RocX3 > MD4

How does a Taurus compare to a Star Rancho Roc?

From my very limited exp with the star rancho I'd say the Taurus is more overstable, less chunky in the hand and a better wind fighter. I have to put a bit of anny on it if I don't want it to dive to the ground. Looking forward to see if the Taurus can bear in a bit, flight wise.

How does a Taurus compare to a Star Rancho Roc?

The Taurus is a fair bit beefier than a Star Rancho. My Taurus has been able to hold the flat hyzer into some pretty severe headwinds as of late. I've stopped carrying my Gator because I found myself grabbing the Taurus instead. While the Taurus isn't as piggishly overstable as a Flat top Champ Gator, it is still plenty overstable to fill that type of shot. The only thing I haven't been able to do yet is get a consistent short range flick the Taurus when compared to the Gator(Flat vs. some dome), but I rarely throw this shot so I'm not too worried.

I am 99% sure that the Taurus is just the Roc mold but molded in the same fashion as the Roc3/Rocx3. All of my Tauruses I have are marked Rx on the bottom and does feel pretty roc'ish in the hand.