• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

One from DF saying "You weren't chosen for Team Lat64, but we want you on Team Trilogy." Then there was the really empty "Thanks for subscribing to Team Trilogy." And finally the "Here's how to sign up for Team Trilogy" email.

Yeah, there was some confusion there for sure; our apologies. We didn't really have anything to do with that; a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding there. He basically wanted to inform everyone that didn't get selected for his boot camp team about Team Trilogy, and went about it in a weird way.

The bucket of intolerance in this thread is astounding. Let people play the way they want to play. What does it matter to any of us if somebody wants to join a club named Team Trilogy?

How come nobody gets angry with TimG for offering DGCR travel tags? Same basic concept. Gotta pay to get the required tag before you can trade and use this website features.

Ya'll need to go play a round and get off the forums.

I agree with all that. I'd also love to be playing but it's been raining non stop for a few hours and my window is passing. I should probably putt in the garage though. I sucked yesterday. I got a travel tag too. Last year. One guy left town without playing and swapping. Shady dude. Regional rep for gateway. I think they fired him for stealing but maybe that's just a rumor.

and like I told you at the time you posted that none of those came from team trilogy or with their knowledge. I think dave took it upon himself to give people an option who didn't make it. Were you actually subscribed to any mailing lists and still receive them?

No, and I'm not complaining about getting emails. I was just saying that I got emails saying "Come join Team Trilogy" which did a poor job of actually telling me what Team Trilogy actually is.

No, and I'm not complaining about getting emails. I was just saying that I got emails saying "Come join Team Trilogy" which did a poor job of actually telling me what Team Trilogy actually is.

I know I didn't mean it to come off that I thought you were complaining. Just that I tried to explain that to you before. It's Feldberg. He meant well. He's just weird. Team Trilogy doesn't solicit people to join with emails or anything for that matter. It's optional and people who feel they want to join for the right reasons can seek it out and come and go as they please. That's all I was trying to say but again I'm glad you got your answers. Didn't even get landfilled. Yet. Kudos man.

although it does make me wonder and I don't know if you already answered this or I asked it before in the lat64 boot camp team thread or not but you said you were happy with your mixed bag and it was what you wanted. If you were selected for that team and sponsorship you would have given up that mixed bag and throw all trilogy plastic in competition? What was the appeal to you? Just the chance to be sponsored and get your name out there right? Which is totally fine I get that. Just wondering what you do think is a good enough reason to switch your bag over during competition and what isn't.

although it does make me wonder and I don't know if you already answered this or I asked it before in the lat64 boot camp team thread or not but you said you were happy with your mixed bag and it was what you wanted. If you were selected for that team and sponsorship you would have given up that mixed bag and throw all trilogy plastic in competition? What was the appeal to you? Just the chance to be sponsored and get your name out there right? Which is totally fine I get that. Just wondering what you do think is a good enough reason to switch your bag over during competition and what isn't.

um you answered it, real sponsorship and being part of an actual team...? I think that's a no brainer lol. this "team" is like pretend sponsorship.

um you answered it, real sponsorship and being part of an actual team...? I think that's a no brainer lol. this "team" is like pretend sponsorship.

Thanks Brad. :\ I'm glad you got the "no brainer" you always do get those. So joining something that gets you free discs and something you deem to be real = good. Anything else that promotes people having fun and playing more but doesn't give you free discs or meet your criteria of being "real" = stupid and pointless. Got it. Thanks guy. I'll see you in the discraft is failing thread tomorrow?

Team Coco and Team Twilight were fads that are long dead. Definitely something to aspire to...I can't wait until the hipsters start Team Quest.

There was actually talk about putting together a Quest team a few years ago. The local rep/wholesaler was talking about doing it.

It's like declaring yourself a disc golf pro for signing up in open and never winning cash.
Anyway, it seems like this is a win for everybody involved, especially the haters.

Aspiring players have a rep tracking their performance, and if they ever have a legit shot at snagging a disc sponsor, pointing at their time on team trilogy could be an advantage.

More details on what kind of discounts would be awesome. Only reason I would think of joining is an excuse to buy more discs and the unique challenge of changing out all my discs.

Thanks Brad. :\ I'm glad you got the "no brainer" you always do get those. So joining something that gets you free discs and something you deem to be real = good. Anything else that promotes people having fun and playing more but doesn't give you free discs or meet your criteria of being "real" = stupid and pointless. Got it. Thanks guy. I'll see you in the discraft is failing thread tomorrow?

If that doesn't make sense b/c you are a sheep in the herd -- its understandable. Your Trilogy logo shades are SWEET, DUDE!

So joining Team Trollogy is as good a life choice as majoring in Art History? Got it, great analogy. I can't wait to sign up now!

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2014/majors-that-pay-you-back

Looking at this art history seems like a great choice! There will only be 93 other majors that pay better, but I'll still make more money than 35 majors! Woohoo! About like my chances of winning anything if I have to find Trollogy replacements for all the discs I love.

If it's your thing, enjoy, but it seems pretty lame to me.

Yes, and I'm already regretting having participated...

I'm regretting your participation too. Mainly because what you said is illogical to the max and says nothing.

Yeah, I was saying that joining a disc golf club is exactly the same as completing a liberal arts degree in Art History. Right.

You must have a degree in Petroleum Engineering, smart guy. You can wipe the tears off your face for your regret with all your oil money.

Can you wipe stamps for pdga events since I still want to putt with KC Aviars?

AFTC pretty well nailed it. If the benefits are there, then I could easily make the switch. A true sponsorship has benefits. I'm not sure what those selected for Team Latitude actually got, but if I was selected, I would have to weigh whether the benefits were enough to make the switch.

I was looking at Team Trilogy the same way. I'll join if there's enough benefit to justify changing my bag. Clearly there is not.

If that doesn't make sense b/c you are a sheep in the herd -- its understandable. Your Trilogy logo shades are SWEET, DUDE!

Thank you. Not as sweet as your shoes though.

CLOWNSHOES%20Red.jpg

You keep bringing that realness.

Aim for chains...where we're "A Disc Golf resource for everyone from beginner to pro and who just want to know WHERE, WHAT and HOW* without being sold any BS :)"

*and we use BIG LETTERS! so you know it's that fiyah.

AFTC pretty well nailed it. If the benefits are there, then I could easily make the switch. A true sponsorship has benefits. I'm not sure what those selected for Team Latitude actually got, but if I was selected, I would have to weigh whether the benefits were enough to make the switch.

I was looking at Team Trilogy the same way. I'll join if there's enough benefit to justify changing my bag. Clearly there is not.

Well that's good. I hope you get what you're after. See no one in team trilogy is under the illusion they are sponsored yet there are members who are and everyone understands the difference and why we're a part of it. Like Eric McCabe, Dave Feldberg, and Liz Dorries as an example. It's just something a few people have cooked up in their heads. This notion that members in team trilogy must think they're sponsored players. I have yet to meet or talk to one person who thinks that but I keep seeing it here with nothing to back it up.

Benefits are subjective. I get a place to have fun and discuss discs with people of similar interests as well as a little added competition among my friends and some cool stamped discs at a great discount. That's all and it's clearly not for you and many others and that's great. Just don't see the reason why others fail to grasp this concept.

So that's all I have. Good thread man. Beats another pet peeve thread anyday. Maybe tomorrow we can have one about all the silly hatred people have for the saying "grow the sport" when it doesn't hurt them either. :thmbup:

You should tell the powers that be to talk about this team trilogy a little more on the answer man podcast.. Is emac or anyone FROM DD a part of this as well?

Latest posts