• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Ching] Tell me about Tanks

if u throw 150 .. than eff yea :)

i find them to be less high speed stable than a rhyno .. but still a nice consistant finish like a rhyno ..

They opened up my comfort circle for putting ..

if u throw 150 .. than eff yea :)

i find them to be less high speed stable than a rhyno .. but still a nice consistant finish like a rhyno ..

They opened up my comfort circle for putting ..

Well this is what I am thinking. If you putt with a putter, with hardly any glide, at a 150g weight, it would seem it would have the perfect balance of glide from and control and flight path. In addition you get a nice feel and grip. Obviously though, this wouldn't be a wind putter.

cali, you are right, just looked @ my wife's Tank, never noticed the small bead before.

After reading the Rediscovered plastic thread I think I will put my Tank back in my bag for a couple rounds, I remember it being a good dead straight 150'-200' disc.

R-pro Tanks, who'd have thunk it. Haven't played much in the past 10 years.

Not much to look at these days but this was my go to putter for years. Max Weight Ching Fusion Tank Y2K SE. The disc has worn into gummy tacky goodness. It now lives in my putting basket as I've switched to throwing firm Wizards. IMO, 150 class putters are not the way to go...stay max weight if possible.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 31
Resurrection! I managed to find a small stack of Ching Tanks; three SE type and one standard plastic. Took to the field with them and I gotta say...I am in love. I also have a current mold Hyzer Bomb Tank which has a similar feel but Im quite positive it has a different bottom mold. Its quite a bit more stable.

It makes me wonder why such a beloved mold was axed way back in the day, I understand it was a collaboration mold between "companies" but why not just rebadge it by Innova under another name. Unless, of course we are talking about the Pig. In this case I've never actually thrown or felt one to know better.

Long Live the Ching Tank...

Resurrection! I managed to find a small stack of Ching Tanks; three SE type and one standard plastic. Took to the field with them and I gotta say...I am in love. I also have a current mold Hyzer Bomb Tank which has a similar feel but Im quite positive it has a different bottom mold. Its quite a bit more stable.

It makes me wonder why such a beloved mold was axed way back in the day, I understand it was a collaboration mold between "companies" but why not just rebadge it by Innova under another name. Unless, of course we are talking about the Pig. In this case I've never actually thrown or felt one to know better.

You managed to FIND a small stack of Ching Tanks? You should def. buy a metal detector.

That's like finding gold :D. I still have my original Y2K, and some Hyzerbomb Tanks in soft and

hard. It would be amazing (and lucrative?) if Ching would/could resurrect their old Tanks

anew. I'm not sure if Innova would be the best choice to make them again due to their

current difficulties. It would be good by me if Discraft made a Y2K clone Tank for Ching. :thmbup:

Yeah man, Tanks are awesome.
I'm already a Rhyno fan so Tanks are a natural fit and easy to love.

However, the Rhyno would get the nod if I had to choose one or the other; they are easier to find and have more options. A a Rhyno also covers more stability range using stages of wear since it starts out more overstable.

But Tanks are awesome for sure! It's very easy to huck them at precarious pin placements and know they won't blow past the target by too much. The soft ones also make great hit-and-stick discs. They tend to stay where they land with minimal theatrics like skipping or rolling.

The Pig has the same top but a very different bottom. Flies a lot faster than a Tank.