• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Prodigy might only have 2 discs out so far, and may be throwing mixed bags.. But they're smart enough to arrange for someone to follow around their top players recording their rounds. Who else does this?

I do not believe prodigy is supplying the video guy. I think that is part of the "Futhering the Disc" Tour that Will and I think Paige are doing!!

Last edited:
People need to learn to learn how to be humble and to practice humility.

People are going to hate on team prodigy just like people hate the Yankees in MLB and the Heat in the NBA.

Right!! I had a brain lapse and changed it now it's right or wrong but was right, I think!!:wall::confused:

You were right, they were wrong...I think. I'm so darn confused...

Maybe it's...
http://www.facebook.com/furtheringthedisctour

Nope, that doesn't work. Maybe it's...
http://www.facebook.com/futheringthedisctour

Yep, thats it. It's the "Futhering The Disc Tour".

"Futhering"
futhering [Fuh-thur-ing]
1. An Irish word meaning to fiddle with something.
2. A word used to describe an act of foreplay without being overly explicit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=futhering(second def. NSFW)

I don't think another official can, but yes the TD or marshal can overrule the group.

I know I've said this 100 times in posts on this site but I Feel like if I don't put it, then I just sound like someone just running their mouths.

I am a PDGA marshal and have marshaled the last two worlds and will again this summer.

I highly doubt we would ever overrule a call such as that unless it was insanely obvious that it was wrong. Our rules are written for players to make the calls and while we do have to have marshals to avoid certain situations, we don't like to interject our opinions. If the group can't make the call / doesn't want to, then our call is what stands.

I've been asked to make calls before by groups on IB / OB etc and I ask the group ahead of time their opinion. Sometimes they say "well we all pretty much think it's out and just want to make sure" and then I say "well I don't even need to see it then. it's out." Sometimes it's "we are split and just can't decide." At that point I Remind them that we want players to make calls and that if they want my opinion, it will automatically per rule overrule whatever the majority of the group thinks.

We also, getting back to the point of the question, have the right to overrule anything at anytime. I have done this a total of 1 time and I have probably marshaled 30 - 40 rounds of major competition. I have also had players make calls that required seconds and I agreed with them so I seconded them.

But I highly doubt I would ever overrule a foot fault call unless it was an interpretation of a foot fault - i.e. someone said that the foot fault happened because a secondary supporting point was behind the lie but not in line with the basket (which obviously only requires 1 supporting point). But as far as "um, I don't think he foot faulted" I doubt that would ever occur.

Contrary to popular belief, we aren't in the bushes look at people's feet each throw. The Marshals role is primarily be present, be available for questions, handle situations of inappropriate behavior and randomly step in when asked / needed.

Thanks Robert, seems like the right balance, see you in July for the Midtown Chiropractic Raleigh Disc Golf Championships, ya, you should play

You were right, they were wrong...I think. I'm so darn confused...

Maybe it's...
http://www.facebook.com/furtheringthedisctour

Nope, that doesn't work. Maybe it's...
http://www.facebook.com/futheringthedisctour

Yep, thats it. It's the "Futhering The Disc Tour".

"Futhering"
futhering [Fuh-thur-ing]
1. An Irish word meaning to fiddle with something.
2. A word used to describe an act of foreplay without being overly explicit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=futhering(second def. NSFW)

I am really confused because if you look at the tab of the page it says furthering and but the URL is futhering!!!! and spell check likes furthering and not futhering. I think we need to change it to "advancing".:confused:;)

I am really confused because if you look at the tab of the page it says furthering and but the URL is futhering!!!! and spell check likes furthering and not futhering. I think we need to change it to "advancing".:confused:;)

They misspelled it originally and facebook doesn't allow you to change your URL, so it's stuck. However they were able to change the name of the page.

Furthering is the correct spelling.

I haven't heard anyone mention it but one thing for sure is that Will making a bird on 18 turned out to be his saving grace. I would assume he knew that he had a 1 throw lead with one to play. Being that there was ob water on that hole most would play a conservative drive, lay up and tap out for par plus a 1 throw win. Even with a good drive and a 25 footer left for two I would lay that putt up to make sure no spit out could roll ob. If he didn't get that bird the scorecard penalty would of given the title to McBeast and no playoff needed.

I got kinda unproductive this morning.

schusterjon.png

@2:24 you can hear Rebecca Duffy confirming the score is official and then at @2:35 you can hear her telling Will never to put her through that again.

Imagine if Will had lost the playoff and the controversy uproar!

I would laughed! I made a mistake once of not tallying my score up properly and missed cash cause of it. I bet Greenwell would have squeezed a brick out.

This guy is the biggest tool on the website. Bar-none

Lol...I don't necessarily agree but funny.

"Also, there was not an official exclusively following the top cards. I'm sure there was one around and available if hailed, but you'd have to reach out to him/her.

There were 3 other officials on EACH top card at the Event following every top card...:clap:

Of course none of the three could act as 'officials' in their group, just as players.

He didn't SAY that did he? :D

And they could act as officials (or throw provisionals) on rules needing calls made by the group such as OB, missed Mando, etc. so your statement isn't 100% correct either...:p

Lol. Bergdawg. I love that even though I have your posts blocked, I can still see people quoting you and know you're referring to me. Jeez. I was bored of your idiotic attitude months ago when I realized the only thing you do on this website is troll, so can you please remove yourself from my balls and stop being so obsessed with me? KthnxBye. Unlike the people in the Water Cooler and Landfill who are easily baited into your immature troll battles, I won't be.. which is why I have you blocked.. And yet you still can't keep me off your mind or out of your mouth.

Lol. Bergdawg. I love that even though I have your posts blocked, I can still see people quoting you and know you're referring to me. Jeez. I was bored of your idiotic attitude months ago when I realized the only thing you do on this website is troll, so can you please remove yourself from my balls and stop being so obsessed with me? KthnxBye. Unlike the people in the Water Cooler and Landfill who are easily baited into your immature troll battles, I won't be.. which is why I have you blocked.. And yet you still can't keep me off your mind or out of your mouth.

says the guy responding to a guy he blocked lol

Bro needs to chill :cool:

So far the most "h8" has come from your few posts lol

"I haven't heard anyone mention it but one thing for sure is that Will making a bird on 18 turned out to be his saving grace. I would assume he knew that he had a 1 throw lead with one to play. Being that there was ob water on that hole most would play a conservative drive, lay up and tap out for par plus a 1 throw win. Even with a good drive and a 25 footer left for two I would lay that putt up to make sure no spit out could roll ob. If he didn't get that bird the scorecard penalty would of given the title to McBeast and no playoff needed."

Thought I would repost this since it got lost at the bottom of a fading thread a couple pages ago. How many of you would of gone for a two on that particular last hole with a 1 shot lead already? Then having the composure to park hole 1 in the playoff after that debacle, not sure too many players could step up an pull that off given the circumstances.