• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

That was a great response. I asked the question only having what I had to go off of from the video and, to be honest, didn't expect you to see or respond to the question. But you did read my post and answered the question very gracefully. Fair play to that and I'm happy to hear that I was mistaken in how I took what I saw in the video.

Rebecca needs a banner, with her being President and all.

Rebecca, you need to come by here more often. From what I saw at the Memorial, I was right, it is just how you are, a very caring person.

That's ok Nuke.....sometimes perception on a video varies with interpretation. I felt it necessary to respond. I try to serve the organization with the utmost integrity and I always will.

And BigSky....I also will try to get on here more often but first and foremost is trying to keep up with the growth of our sport :)

Thanks for understanding everyone.

....until I see you on the course....

Rebecca

DGCR is mostly N00BS with strong internet voices. . .nothing like hearing the whining and complaining coming from people who 1)have never played a sanctioned event 2) have never run or helped run a tourney or 3)play the game at a high level

let it go folks and great response Ms Duffy even though it wasnt necessary. DGCR is filled with trolls and complainers. . .

People were certainly out of line in this circumstance. But, most topics on this forum have nothing to do with tournament play, organization or high level play rj. I will assume you did not mean to imply because you or anyone may do the above, your opinion should carry any more weight. :\

DGCR is mostly N00BS with strong internet voices. . .nothing like hearing the whining and complaining coming from people who 1)have never played a sanctioned event 2) have never run or helped run a tourney or 3)play the game at a high level

99% of discussion on here wouldn't take place if the people who fall under 1, 2, and 3 never commented.... DGCR would be super boring if that happened.

I'll answer that. First of all, what the video was mistaken about is that DGP did not ask him to hurry unless it was from the camera guy. I told him to take care of his scorecards first and then go to the set.

Second, I'm old enough to be these kids mom out on tour and I treat them as such. It broke my heart to see Will sitting there knowing that he could lose the Memorial because of a scoring error. That is why I grabbed his shoulders and told him that he could win this playoff and to get that in his head. I would of done the same for Paul. As a matter of fact, what the video also didn't show is that I went to Paul and complimented on his professionalism, hugged him and congratulated him on a record breaking round.

I see these kids out on tour and you grow a kindred friendship. Also, this is the first time I saw them all winter. I wasn't groping, as said in a previous thread, and I didn't feel guilty about distracting him because I didn't. If you notice, there were quite a few of his fans and team mates that came up to congratulate him while he was adding up his scores. I was following him to the score tent but he was too fast for me.

My only flaw is that maybe I care too much. Maybe if I were more cold hearted, that would give everyone something else to talk about.

There were also comments made about me wearing a sweatshirt that said Prodigy. I have been battling cancer off and on since the year 2000, I get cold easy. I forgot to bring my jacket (I never dreamed the round would go until dark on Wednesday) and I got cold. Garrett Gurthie was the only one who offered me a sweatshirt. I took it even though it said Prodigy and didn't even have it on for an hour. Being an AM, I am very brand neutral. I have Innova, DisCraft, Rip, Gateway in my Grip bag. I don't have any Prodigy in my bag.

I don't get paid for anything that deals with disc golf. The PDGA Board is volunteer. Someone told me to quit trying to save the world......well, my world is disc golf and someone has to step up and try to save it. Even though I am a complete AM, I have so much passion for disc golf. I must or I wouldn't put up with the crap I do. :)

I understand that this is a public forum but all I ask is that you try to show just a little more respect for volunteers that work really hard to try to improve our sport.

Ok, I usually don't get on forums ....it gets discouraging. I'm stepping down off my soapbox :)

....until I see you on the course......

Thanks Rebecca. Very classy of you.

What'd make these forums ultra-awesome, is if new people to the site had restrictions on posts. It's rarely the people who have been around for over a year who post useless stuff, it's the people who haven't been around half a year and have almost 5 posts a day that make this website so cluttered and annoying no-one can find useful information.

What'd make these forums ultra-awesome, is if new people to the site had restrictions on posts. It's rarely the people who have been around for over a year who post useless stuff, it's the people who haven't been around half a year and have almost 5 posts a day that make this website so cluttered and annoying no-one can find useful information.

And then you have people that have been around here for a long time and think they know everything but in reality don't know SH!T

Or require that they are at least 15 years old. No offense DeadEye.

Your just insufferable.

let us know when we can post.

i imagine you surfing the site with a spinning red light on your head. yes son im imagining you. thing is youre the only one who cares. go play out the brick wall emoticon. its become obvious you cant keep all your emoticons straight. peace out smarty pants.

Latest posts