• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I watched the 2015 Mid Town vid of Rock Ridge in Pittsboro, NC last night. I was curious as to your likes and dislikes about the course. You certainly make hitting those gaps look a lot easier than I do. I was not surprised to see you bust out a sidearm on hole 12's tee either.

hello MJ congratulations on being the best putter on tour again two times in a row.

Can you give some tipps on your putting practise routine and how you become such a good putter?

regards

Nate Hienold(sp) posted it on Facebook once, I can't seem to find it again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The post:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Here are the much anticipated 2019 Ledgestone Les White Bees! Five new bees will be released for 2019 in our Swirly collection. We tweaked the layout design slightly for 2019 and these are going to look really good on Swirly ESP Buzzzes! Only 400 of each design will be made so these will be more limited than the 2018 designs. The new Les White bees will be released in December 2018. We are more than 70% sold out on our discs for 2019, so if you are a vendor and want to get involved in these discs (or other 2019 Ledgestone releases) please send us a message! For everyone else tag your local vendor and tell them to contact us! If you refer a vendor to us that buys some discs we will send you two FREE 2019 LSWT Buzzzes. The rest of the discs we are releasing for 2019 are as follows: Globreaker Zones, Swirly ESP Glo Buzzz OS's, Glo Sparkle Zones, Colored Glo Microbee Buzzzes, Colored Glo Z Forces, Cryztal Vultures, Cryztal Sparkle Machetes, Swirly ESP Glo Undertakers, Glo Sparkle Cranks, Glo Sparkle Thrashers, Special Super Color Buzzzes, Special Super Color Full Foil Buzzzes, Full Foil Nukes, Colorshift Buzzzes, Rubber Blend Buzzzes, Z Sparkle Comets, Swirly ESP Glo Surges, CT Challenger OS's, Swirly ESP Cyclones, Swirly ESP Glo Mantis' and Swirly ESP Glo Banger GT's. Get them before they sell out!

The post:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Here are the much anticipated 2019 Ledgestone Les White Bees! Five new bees will be released for 2019 in our Swirly collection. We tweaked the layout design slightly for 2019 and these are going to look really good on Swirly ESP Buzzzes! Only 400 of each design will be made so these will be more limited than the 2018 designs. The new Les White bees will be released in December 2018. We are more than 70% sold out on our discs for 2019, so if you are a vendor and want to get involved in these discs (or other 2019 Ledgestone releases) please send us a message! For everyone else tag your local vendor and tell them to contact us! If you refer a vendor to us that buys some discs we will send you two FREE 2019 LSWT Buzzzes. The rest of the discs we are releasing for 2019 are as follows: Globreaker Zones, Swirly ESP Glo Buzzz OS's, Glo Sparkle Zones, Colored Glo Microbee Buzzzes, Colored Glo Z Forces, Cryztal Vultures, Cryztal Sparkle Machetes, Swirly ESP Glo Undertakers, Glo Sparkle Cranks, Glo Sparkle Thrashers, Special Super Color Buzzzes, Special Super Color Full Foil Buzzzes, Full Foil Nukes, Colorshift Buzzzes, Rubber Blend Buzzzes, Z Sparkle Comets, Swirly ESP Glo Surges, CT Challenger OS's, Swirly ESP Cyclones, Swirly ESP Glo Mantis' and Swirly ESP Glo Banger GT's. Get them before they sell out!

Ok so when do the swirly glo esp surges get released and when can I buy all of them. Seriously.

I'm really intrigued by those swirly cyclones + glo forces to be honest. And those sparkle machetes are going to be stupid OS too. Good variety to chose from nonetheless. Comets, zones, and bangers here I come.

Last edited:
MJ - what are you messing with this off season and what is the 2019 bag lineup going to look like? What Comets are you tossing?

Two weeks ago I had 5 ESP Bangers, 6 Pro-D Bangers and 4 JB/Glo Bangers...I have given all of them but 1 ESP, 2 Pro-D and 1 JB/Glo away to people who asked for one after using mine for a hole or two. Why did it take the release of these MJ ESP for people to finally get curious about/stoked on this mold? Sidenote--this "limited release" showed me two things; when Discraft ups their media presence to hype a release it works, MJ's name/game can flat-out move plastic at an astounding rate and that makes me so ridiculously happy.

I watched the 2015 Mid Town vid of Rock Ridge in Pittsboro, NC last night. I was curious as to your likes and dislikes about the course. You certainly make hitting those gaps look a lot easier than I do. I was not surprised to see you bust out a sidearm on hole 12's tee either.

Really just wish the course was all the way cut out, but with the way the routes are set up and designed its rather difficult to do.

Yeah, I'm digging having you on IG.

Question for you, do you have any of your tour series Comets to sell personally? Probably gonna pick a couple up and want to put the highest % of money in your pocket.

Those Ledgestone discs look cool. A Cryztal Vulture sounds attractive, and those Surges and Banger GTs are interesting as well. I've never been a big fan of sparkles, but hmmm...

Now MJ, this isn't Discraft, but have you ever thrown a Gateway Element? My main mid is a Buzzz, but the Element strikes me as an "MJ Buzzz." In other words, a line shaper that needs to be thrown a little faster than a Comet. But it seems to flip less than a Buzzz and fade a little less. It's not in my bag, but seems MJ friendly.

Those Ledgestone discs look cool. A Cryztal Vulture sounds attractive, and those Surges and Banger GTs are interesting as well. I've never been a big fan of sparkles, but hmmm...

Now MJ, this isn't Discraft, but have you ever thrown a Gateway Element? My main mid is a Buzzz, but the Element strikes me as an "MJ Buzzz." In other words, a line shaper that needs to be thrown a little faster than a Comet. But it seems to flip less than a Buzzz and fade a little less. It's not in my bag, but seems MJ friendly.

Before I lost it I used to go back and forth between the element and my comet. Element is the closest thing I've found to a beadless comet.

MJ, I am looking to pick up a signature comet, do you have any to sell? Only ask because I remember a post here that said that is the best deal for you. Thanks!

So I got a chance to throw the ESP Comet today. I got this disc for Christmas and all I can say is wow...this thing is magic. I have been playing for over 13 years and this is the understable mid I have always wanted. AMAZING GLIDE, flips to flat or drifts right depending on power, can go super straight, holds an anny at almost any power I gave it. This thing never turned and burned. It was so controllable from 150-300ft. I am absolutely amazed by this disc.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk