• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hey MJ, love watching you play whenever I can. Just a quick question, how many discs do you get into that Shift bag? I was trying to count during the Skins and it appeared to be about 18. I adore my Shift but try and keep it at 14 discs, but would love to wedge another disc or two in there.

I usually carry 16 to 18 discs. Pretty sure i had it at 18 for the skins match. Its all about where you put the different style discs for the shift to be able to fit a lot of discs in it

How great has it been to watch MJ on coverage (and skins) the last few weeks? There's so much to learn from watching his throws, his course management strategy, his general calm. I love how often he turns to pick up his mini while a throw is still in the air. I saw a great example on Iron Hill day 2: I think it was the second throw on hole 1. There's nothing better than throwing and just knowing what it's gonna do..."ok, job done. Move on."

Sorry for the self quote, and the threadjack, but I got enough likes I think I should post a photo!

Hey MJ sorry about my brother's dog at Iron Hill today! He said Jackson ran off and you came back with him lol (he's not on DGCR but is a huge fan:thmbup:)

s4I50hu.jpg

At Fort Washington, PA:
NcMZ76E.jpg

AFTER Fort Washington:
ostcnH5.jpg

/derail

Loved watching you at Iron Hill!

Hey MJ, love watching you play whenever I can. Just a quick question, how many discs do you get into that Shift bag? I was trying to count during the Skins and it appeared to be about 18. I adore my Shift but try and keep it at 14 discs, but would love to wedge another disc or two in there.

I usually carry 16 to 18 discs. Pretty sure i had it at 18 for the skins match. Its all about where you put the different style discs for the shift to be able to fit a lot of discs in it

Yep, I regularly carry 20 in my Shift (latest version). 4 main fairway/drivers on each side for 8. 3 putters in the top pocket, 3 mids in the middle, 2 (Zone, Sol) in the lowest pocket, and 4 various in the very bottom.

It's funny I was just commenting on your set-up yesterday to a friend as we played Wellspring/Cedarock after he threw a Meteor. We started talking about that, the Comet and what you throw. So I was like MJ carries the Shift and I've counted only about 16-18 discs in footage.

Last edited:
Are regular Ringers discontinued? I see the Ringer GT on the Discraft shop and while there is still a page for the Ringer listing 2 plastics, it also wouldn't surprise me if that is just outdated. Been nice getting to see some solid play from MJ in recent weeks.

Are regular Ringers discontinued? I see the Ringer GT on the Discraft shop and while there is still a page for the Ringer listing 2 plastics, it also wouldn't surprise me if that is just outdated. Been nice getting to see some solid play from MJ in recent weeks.

More than likely just havent been able to get them run.

More than likely just havent been able to get them run.

Entirely probable. I figured since you have thrown the regulars in the past you might have heard something. I know some companies have cut some molds completely or, like Trilogy, gave that update w priorities for molds and plastics. Which was very informative although I only own a few discs by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ, I don't see you on the upper park team, are you still sponsored by them? I know you still love the shift, just didn't know if there was an official agreement? Either way hope the off-season is treating you well!

MJ, I don't see you on the upper park team, are you still sponsored by them? I know you still love the shift, just didn't know if there was an official agreement? Either way hope the off-season is treating you well!

I am not sponsored by them at this point

My buddy lives in sterling, we can meet at Clark's Run and I can check those comets out and make sure they work ok for ya. :).

Do you bag em?

Ooops sorry did not see this response till today. Feel free to shoot me a message and I will meet you up there.

I do still bag it, it get cycled in and out with a newer orange one, and its my favorite so you can't have it. :)

Also I got a Easter morning Ace with the Orange one this year.

Forgot how much i love a Comet. Had been using beat up Wasps in this slot but picked up an MJ in the DGCR College Football Survival Pool...(Thx etdefender for offering it up:thmbup:)

...and damn that thing flies like a dream.

Yeah, they are like an old friend. Sometimes we have changes and don't get to see our old friend for a while, but when you get together again, you realize how well you got along and how much you miss your friend.

I have a glo Comet in my glo bag. Immediately turned into my workhorse glo disc.

Yo MJ! I'm tired of the pros switching sponsors stuff.

What are your 2022 tour plans aside from spanking the youngsters in the eastern woods?

Hahaha. I certainly stay with my big sponsors for long periods of time

Planning on doing the Texas swing and a good chunk of the Midwest swing on the pro tour. Of course masters world's and who knows what else

Latest posts