• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The best or worst trade you ever did?

the first (worst) disc I ever traded was way back on discaroo.....I knew nothing about collectible discs or OOP.....I put a champion classic roc for trade and instantly 3 or 4 people wanted to trade for that disc. I should have known something was up.....anyway i think i traded it for an Impact tourney stamped. You live you learn.

My buddy shows up with a stack of 10 discs he bought at a yard sale for .50 cents each = $5.00 total. They were mostly old Innova DX beaters, except for the one on top that had the .50 cent each tag on it.....an 8/10 Nine Time Aviar (blue stamp). I convinced him to give me the Aviar because that's what I putt with and he was greedy for keeping all 10 to himself. Score.

You sound like a great buddy.

Not a trade, but I had the opportunity to buy about a dozen FR Ions dirt cheap before the market on them exploded. Didn't do it because I was trying not to horde discs. :doh:

Best Trade, 10/10 FR Skullboy stamp Shock for an 8/10 FR Volt. Nothing better than a seasoned FR Volt. SOme people love the FR Shocks, but i would rather have a used FR Volt :D

Worst Trade, 10/10 Brainwave Custom dyed Axis for a 9/10 S/DS Destroyer that ended up flying nothing like my old S/DS Destroyer, still sits on the shelf reminding me of that awesome Brainwave dye i used to have.

Worst trade I ever did??

Little over a year ago I saw a lost and found thread on Northwest Disc Golf News about a disc a guy lost at Horning's Hideout. No name/no number but the guy described it and I knew it was the one my buddy found when we were there a few days previous. I told my friend, but he didn't want to return it. I'm not a collector, but I had a 7/10 CE Teebird I told him i'd trade him, just to try to get the disc back for the guy, I knew he really wanted it. PM'ed the guy, told him I got his disc back, he was super happy and he said he would send me something good in return. I mailed the disc, didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, pm'ed the guy again just to see if he got it, and about a week later he answered back he got it, and gave me a half-a**ed "thanks". The end.

I forget what I gave away, but I got a tie-dye champ Destroyer of unknown weight and that disc is pure awesome. Picked it up on a whim because I've never thrown one before and quickly fell in love with it. Love it for straight shots, flex shots, powered down shots, headwinds, skips, all kinds of stuff. Great trade!

In 1992, the first year of a fantasy baseball league that I still play in, I traded Albert Belle for Eric Davis. :D

Last edited:
Best: traded a disc i didnt really use ever for an XL.....learned about fairway drivers and started parking more shots.

Worst: I just gave away a Sidewinder....but I was helping a new player learn.....so I feel good about it

Best Find! I found a Champ Roadrunner while looking for my leopard in the snow.....I never found that leopard, but I became a huge fan of the RR and I still use it (a lot) today

When I first got on here I traded a nice Pro Line Beast and something else that was sweet (struggling to remember) to MrDGer for a regular ole Z Buzzz and a Gateway illusion. I was just wanting to try out those two...dumb, dumb dumb!

I also traded a 10x kc pro teebird to a certain store he acted excited at first then downplayed it like it wasn't anything I didn't know what I had he gave me a new disc for it but I still consider it getting ripped off I seen them try to do it a couple more times i caught on to them and will never trade with them again

not a trade, but a guy gave me an augusta wraith for free.

That is crazy--- it just happened to me today. My boss said "I have some frisbees in my car, wanna see?"

I told him that it was worth money and he handed it to me and said "here you go"

When I first got on here I traded a nice Pro Line Beast and something else that was sweet (struggling to remember) to MrDGer for a regular ole Z Buzzz and a Gateway illusion. I was just wanting to try out those two...dumb, dumb dumb!

BTW...this was no slam on him at all. He had what I wanted...hope he enjoyed the discs!

Gave 1 Brand New Champion Panther for 1 CE Leopard w/ ink.
Upon closer examination, the Leopard turned out to belong to a friend of mine.
He got it back, then won his division at The Worlds the following year.

I traded a Pro Destroyer and a Pro Boss for an 'older KC Aviar'. I didn't bother to ask for pics or anything, I'd dealt with the guy before; I figured it was just an old 12x, maybe an 11x if I was lucky.

In the mail comes a 10x KC Aviar, a solid 8/10.

well, i didn't have a story, but since my for sale thread hadn't been doing well i traded for several discs i thought would sell better.

a few spare wizards for a 10 year buzzz? why not?

worst trade? eh, i don't have any. i've given away plenty of discs though.

Last edited:
Best trade: I gave a Champ Groove to a lake. In exchange, I got water immunity on that course for 1 year from the Lady of the Lake.

Worst trade: I gave an old acquaintance (we used to disc together frequently) a pearly Pro Line Spider in exchange for a future trade (I didn't throw it and he loved Spiders). We fell out of touch, he forgot, and now I see him semi regularly at a local course. He still throws it, and made it a point to tell me so, but seems to have forgotten about our agreement. I don't miss it, so I never brought it up.

Another guy, I sold a MachLite to for $100 in payments. Got $50, then $25, then nothing. Again, I didn't mention it to him since I only paid $20 for it and came out ahead. He went through some tough financial times before his last payment, so I let it go.