• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Crosseyed0811 said:
PMantle said:
Do you guys find Discmania stuff locally or is there a lot of ordering just based on reviews? I ask because all I can see/feel locally(within 2 hours) here is Discraft, Innova and a small amount of Millennium.

Anywhere that has Innova should be able to carry Discmania too... Its up to the dealer, but last I saw they were both on the same order forms. Everywhere around here that carries Innova carries Discmania as well, including the Innova warehouse :p
I only have Academy and Wal-mart for Innova. Our Hastings carries Discraft, and I found a Champion Rhyno there. No idea how that happened.

I do not know how the Academy decides which molds to stock. I know the manager plays. I hope they start adding things as this sport takes off here. Our 3 courses are not even a year old.

Most of the PIASs here in North and South Carolina tend to carry Discmania. That is probably facilitated by the partnership with Innova and Innova East warehouse being in Rock Hill SC (near Charlotte).

PMantle said:
Crosseyed0811 said:
PMantle said:
Do you guys find Discmania stuff locally or is there a lot of ordering just based on reviews? I ask because all I can see/feel locally(within 2 hours) here is Discraft, Innova and a small amount of Millennium.

Anywhere that has Innova should be able to carry Discmania too... Its up to the dealer, but last I saw they were both on the same order forms. Everywhere around here that carries Innova carries Discmania as well, including the Innova warehouse :p
I only have Academy and Wal-mart for Innova. Our Hastings carries Discraft, and I found a Champion Rhyno there. No idea how that happened.

I do not know how the Academy decides which molds to stock. I know the manager plays. I hope they start adding things as this sport takes off here. Our 3 courses are not even a year old.

Probably out of luck there, I would venture a guess that the chains like Walmart and Academy don't get to just put what molds they want in. The Academy here in Rock Hill and the one in Spartanburg (both SC) match the inventory on the Academy website last time I checked.

Timko said:
Glow PDs for the EU this year. I'm hoping they are flat as a board. Otherwise I'm less interested.

I asked Jussi and he told me that the glow PDs have a slight dome and are firm in the hand. Take that for whatever...

Not interested. I want flat as a board.

I asked Mark at DGV, and he told me they'll be sold through Hero. We won't have any in the states :(.

the dome seems to add a touch of stability. i have a 171 S-pd and a 172 P-pd that are identical in PLH but the star has that slight dome and the pro is flat as a pancake. neither has any flashing left but i certainly wouldn't call the star "beat in" the pro is pretty abused, probably about a 6-7/10. I've even filled in a gouge with super glue!

I'm hoping that if the current run of pros starts out as stable as a deflashed star, I can go a few grams lighter and get pretty close to how my current one flies since it seems like the softer pro this one is made of isn't being run.

A high parting line adds stability and removes glide. Which is what I want in any Champ style PD. the Stars are plenty stable for workhorse duties. The Champs are meat hooks that best into glideless stable drivers. Perfect for windy fairway golf.

Been cycling P-PDs for awhile now, only buying light (163-166), soft ones. But I am pretty tempted to try out a glow C-PD, especially since they're supposedly non+ rim, unlike every C-PD I've ever handled. I have to admit, I really like the bear stamp and with it, I could play glow wiz, glow EP xl, glow pd night rounds... Also I bought a hopefully nifty LED flashlight from Eddie Bauer today.... Edit, Oh yeah and Glow Gator. I like that idea for a night bag! Add a glow pure and I'd have most shots covered....

Had some glow PD's waiting for me when I got back from holidays. Unfortunately it's dumping snow out there today and I'll be buried in work for a bit so I'll have to wait a bit to see how they fly.

Definitely domier than any of my other PD's and PLH seems to be close to the CFR's. Here's some pictures:
2013-03-03104120_zps60085a2e.jpg

2013-03-03104206_zps0818aa45.jpg

Glow vs. CFR
2013-03-03104045_zpsc8c44c5c.jpg

2013-03-03104220_zps4d25e556.jpg

Glow vs. Champy Star
2013-03-03104306_zps67903fdd.jpg

2013-03-03104256_zps38215cfd.jpg

CFR vs. Champy Star

turso said:
Hmm. That PLH looks very nice. I wonder if yours is one-off, or are they consistently more OS.
You know, I didn't even compare that one to the other 2 I got as well. I'll do that tonight.

I've never flattened a disc before, does that shit actually work? I definitely prefer the feel of my flat CFR's to the Glows.

The dome on these things is so ridiculous I'm having buyer's remorse before even throwing them.

turso said:
Hmm. That PLH looks very nice. I wonder if yours is one-off, or are they consistently more OS.
They're consistently beefy. I bought several, and they all have a PLH like that.

what'shisname said:
You know, I didn't even compare that one to the other 2 I got as well. I'll do that tonight.

I've never flattened a disc before, does that shit actually work? I definitely prefer the feel of my flat CFR's to the Glows.
Someone on DGCR flattened one without clovering the flightplate, and it didn't flatten to CFR flat. It's more like a 3rd Run C-Line. It also took some of the glide (obviously) out of it but left it pretty OS.

andrew said:
The dome on these things is so ridiculous I'm having buyer's remorse before even throwing them.
I thought the same thing when I opened the box, but I haven't noticed it too much on the course.

Hey guys I got a 171 c line and a 167 s line pd and I was wondering if a 175 would be more stable?

End of the day I'm wanting something to fight wind and I'm going between a z pred 175 or c pd 175. What will work best?

Latest posts