• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I heard from a pretty reliable source (I can't remember who but I think it was someone who was there.) that Paige was seen removing all the Prodigy stickers from her car after Worlds last year. I have no idea what, but I would guess that something happened at Worlds last year that destroyed the relationship between Paige and Prodigy. She's under contract but she has no desire to help the company. In my opinion they should release her from her contract. It may end up doing more harm to Prodigy to make her stay than it would to let her leave.

Wait, you heard from a pretty reliable source but you can't remember who? :\

I heard from a pretty reliable source (I can't remember who but I think it was someone who was there.) that Paige was seen removing all the Prodigy stickers from her car after Worlds last year. I have no idea what, but I would guess that something happened at Worlds last year that destroyed the relationship between Paige and Prodigy. She's under contract but she has no desire to help the company. In my opinion they should release her from her contract. It may end up doing more harm to Prodigy to make her stay than it would to let her leave.
Although this statement doesn't have any evidence to back it up, it does add an interesting twist to the debate last year about whether Paige should have given Worlds to Sarah on the last hole. I don't recall sponsor pressure being part of the discussion.

Excuse me while I get off this dead horse.

Athletes following the money has always bothered me. If the Ricos mean so much to you, then stay loyal to them. And that's just the example given above, but you see it played out every year, in all sports.

Ugh. People who post idiotic things like this always bother me.

Any athlete in any sport has a limited period of time to maximize their income. Criticizing any athlete for doing what is in their own financial best intrest is assisine.

Any athlete in any sport has a limited period of time to maximize their income. Criticizing any athlete for doing what is in their own financial best intrest is assisine.

It goes both ways. What if you were one of the guys working out of a garage and decided to go work down the road at a mcdonalds for "real money"... Months go by and the garage is now an office... You still just flip burgers...

Year goes by and the office is now a complex with a product line and distribution or idea on lock worth more then you will ever make in a few years as a top dog burger flipper.

Its hard to find a solid relationship from company to contractors/employees etc but its probably the most important thing to the success of a small company. You have to have good peeps on board and keep them around.

$ is laughable in disc golf. Those girls honestly should see the bigger picture they will never pull mcbeth$.

Referring to the Zoe Andyke sponsorship story, if my information is correct, Innova and Legacy have a friendly relationship.
I remember seeing Legacy discs in the USDGC Pro shop and seems like a Legacy disc was included in the USDGC Player's Pack.
Seems like someone said that Innova molds Legacy discs and Legacy has purchased one or more retired molds from Innova.
Fact-check, anyone?

My point is that ZOE and even Steve R may not see this as betrayal but as a "promotion".

Legacy is NOT molded by a disc golf manufacturer, and the Ghost was modelled after the 8X Roc, not purchased (like was RDG is doing with the Tyrant mold and 11X TBs).

Yes, because money is what's most important in life. How silly of me.

Referring to the Zoe Andyke sponsorship story, if my information is correct, Innova and Legacy have a friendly relationship.
I remember seeing Legacy discs in the USDGC Pro shop and seems like a Legacy disc was included in the USDGC Player's Pack.
Seems like someone said that Innova molds Legacy discs and Legacy has purchased one or more retired molds from Innova.
Fact-check, anyone?

My point is that ZOE and even Steve R may not see this as betrayal but as a "promotion".

The rumor of innova selling a mold to a competitor is ridiculous. Even more so when it's a mold as wildly successful as the roc. I also doubt there was a specific 8x mold, the choice of champions 8x I had was the blunt nose rancho mold I have mutiple rocs from the same mold all the way up to the end of the 11x era.

Yes, because money is what's most important in life. How silly of me.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

She's already doing what she loves (disc golf). What's wrong with trying to get a little extra scratch from a better offer to do what she loves (again disc golf).

How's this for an idea? If a sponsor wants to keep players around they should offer enough that the player is happy to stay and doesn't have to look elsewhere to meet their financial needs instead of relying on the players declining better offers out of a sense of loyalty.

Zoe has talked on Smashboxx podcasts about the fact that she regularly has to skip tournaments and limit her touring because it wouldn't make financial sense. She often has to stay home to teach lessons and work her landscaping job to save up enough to get back on the road. If her new sponsorship offer allows her to get out to more tournaments to compete and pursue her goals do you really think Legacy would be doing right by her to try to get her to stay out of some sense of loyalty?

Mcbeth brings in $ to innova.

Wtf does Zoe do? Seems like a really nice person but her smashbox segments often were so abstract and out there i felt like i needed to be on something just to get on her level.

Sponsorships are not about giving someone free **** and $ just to survive. I wouldn't even want those kind of people on my team honestly.

Employees everywhere should never leave their company and stick with the company that gave them their first job and keep the $30,000 pay rather than leave for an opportunity to increase their pay and get their family above the poverty line. To do anything else would be disloyal.

Bahahahaha.

Do work like a champ and get paid. Its how sports work. Doesnt mean you have to be a event winner but she has 2 other jobs it sounds like. Suddenly now she will be able to become pp or cat? Lulz.

Last edited: