• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Pearce used to kind of put innova down for putting out such an endless series of new discs - this was in her early in-the-bag vids while she was with discraft.. But she was a bit younger and less experienced with PR stuff back then I guess; probably not the kind of thing that would burn a bridge though?...

i can update you on my set up for next year, my happy ass is staying put ��

Lets move he conversation away from women's world champion...

Has anyone else heard rumors about any of the gents leaving Prodigy aside from Alex G heading to Innova?

I'll renew my assertion that Val Jenkins-Doss will go to Discraft.

Maybe then she can finally get a ****ing World Champion stock stamped disc.

I'll renew my assertion that Val Jenkins-Doss will go to Discraft.

Maybe then she can finally get a ****ing World Champion stock stamped disc.

I don't get why people insist on throwing discraft into these conversations. When was the last time they made any splash in market for top talent? They haven't in years, why would they now?

I think they have adequate support with the pros, but you're right, they rarely make a push to draw new talent. Maybe they'll switch that up soon. With Elaine King, Nate Doss, and MJ, they're pretty strongly represented. They're not Innova, but the pros with them seem to stick with them for a good while. Innova really doesn't have to do much recruiting, McBeth does that well enough by himself.

I have noticed that the year after a pro makes a brand change, their game goes to crap. Say what you want to about them being skilled enough to throw anything, but it takes a while to retrain muscle memory.
I would think that it would have to be a pretty big chunk of change to make me, assuming I was a pro, to change brands. That is regardless of which brand it was.

I have noticed that the year after a pro makes a brand change, their game goes to crap. Say what you want to about them being skilled enough to throw anything, but it takes a while to retrain muscle memory.
I would think that it would have to be a pretty big chunk of change to make me, assuming I was a pro, to change brands. That is regardless of which brand it was.

I noticed this too. It's why Wysocki hasn't truly been able to contest McBeth the past couple years. When all the top players left for Prodigy and McBeth stuck with what he knew, we all saw the results. :doh:

I don't get why people insist on throwing discraft into these conversations. When was the last time they made any splash in market for top talent? They haven't in years, why would they now?

A little harsh, eh? Just because Prodigy came on the scene and made a push to build a team with unsustainable sponsorship packages....do you remember that Discraft had players like - Ulibarri, Barsby, Big Jerm, Cale, Paige, Catrina, Hokum, etc. I am not speaking for the company by any means, but if people want to make that jump because they think the grass is greener....what can you do. As you all speculate, they are not all as "loyal" as you think they should be, they are looking out for themselves...not saying that is a bad thing.

I believe Discraft is focused more on juniors and some of the up and coming players. Not sure what kind of "push" they are supposed to make?

A little harsh, eh? Just because Prodigy came on the scene and made a push to build a team with unsustainable sponsorship packages....do you remember that Discraft had players like - Ulibarri, Barsby, Big Jerm, Cale, Paige, Catrina, Hokum, etc. I am not speaking for the company by any means, but if people want to make that jump because they think the grass is greener....what can you do. As you all speculate, they are not all as "loyal" as you think they should be, they are looking out for themselves...not saying that is a bad thing.

I believe Discraft is focused more on juniors and some of the up and coming players. Not sure what kind of "push" they are supposed to make?
Agreed, Discraft has always been getting the young talent like the GB Packers drafting their teams instead of trying to build through high priced free agents.

its just an observation. Discraft made zero effort to replace the people you mentioned in after the mass prodigy exodus. I'm just saying they don't recruit the top talent. I don't have any judgment about that, its just the way the handle it. So I'm fairly certain they won't be bringing on any "names" this year, and I see no reason why anyone would think that they will. And this has been going on for years, but yet people keep throwing them into these discussions. Which I think is dumb.

I always saw Discraft as more of a grass roots type company. They don't necessarily go out pushing for top pro's, I mean they have Doss and MJ which are both pretty huge. They seem more interested in setting the stage for their youth, and local talent rather than running after the top players. They seem to want to grow their talent.

Just my observations at least.

its just an observation. Discraft made zero effort to replace the people you mentioned in after the mass prodigy exodus. I'm just saying they don't recruit the top talent. I don't have any judgment about that, its just the way the handle it. So I'm fairly certain they won't be bringing on any "names" this year, and I see no reason why anyone would think that they will. And this has been going on for years, but yet people keep throwing them into these discussions. Which I think is dumb.

I know they are pursuing top free agents, but probably won't land one.

Last edited:
MJ switched around 2005-2006.

10 years might not seem"*so* long ago" if you're SGM age, but it's half a lifetime if you're late teens/early 20s.

Ha, point taken! SGM? I dunno what that is but I am it. Anything after the year 2000 feels like just yesterday.

Slowly graying meat? Some kind of metamorphic rock?

Latest posts