• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Thanks! The Steady Ed thing makes sense. Given the approach Innova seems to have taken, the Millennium angle makes sense. I'm not sure it worked though. When I think premium discs, I tend to think Discraft. Not sure why....

When Millenium was formed nobody really made discs in premium plastic and many argued that premium discs would fail because nobody would want to pay that much money for a disc. Millenium was a spin-off to essentially test that theory. If they failed then Millenium failed, not Innova. Keeps the company name from being tarnished by a failed product. Anyway, they proved that people are willing to pay more for higher quality plastic so other manufacturers, including Innova, started producing premium plastic. So Millenium definitely worked.

I didn't realize big name sponsors were stocking up guys who play 10 ish local events a year

Too bad DGA lost Colten, but it was only a matter of time.

Talking to Colten and his dad a bit last year he really struggled with the decision, dga supported him before the Am Championships and treated him well after. I hope he steps up for his new sponsor. I can tell you, being colten is one of the guys out here who can make me feel like I could throw a little further Discmania is a good fit. The PD2 will be good for him.

Drew Gibson posted he'll announce his new sponsor Tuesday, I'm thinking Dynamic with Paige still.

A reliable source tells me that she is under contract with Prodigy through 2016.

I'm not suprized. I like her as a player, but have never been interested in prodigy discs/team.

She'll win anyways. No doubt :clap:

This is not a change in sponsorship ( I think, not sure about his clothing deals if he has one? ) but, I saw McBeth in an ad for DUDE clothing in the Fall issue of DiscGolfer.

Is he gonna be sporting/wearing DUDE for the upcoming season exclusively?

Last edited:
Regarding Paige Pierce -

A reliable source tells me that she is under contract with Prodigy through 2016.

I'm curious what the consequences would be if she threw other manufacturer's product even under contract.

I'm not suprized. I like her as a player, but have never been interested in prodigy discs/team.

She'll win anyways. No doubt :clap:

Agreed. I'm ususally pulling either for her or Valerie.

That's interesting. From the last event that we both played I would have sworn that she was leaving for a certain other company. Maybe Prodigy realized this and upped her sponsorship amount.

Something that we haven't yet seen, but might happen, would be sponsors "trading" players or having another sponsor buyout their remaining contract.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Bradley Williams is off to hyzerbomb

Latest posts