• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he's just wearing a "CRAFT" brand rain jacket. You get a better look at the logo on the back of the jacket.

Not saying he is or isn't going to Discraft, just that you shouldn't read too much into that logo.

He's signed with Innova through 2020

There's a movie reference or two in there. I just started making up BS and kept going. Scary that it sounds like something DD would require. Full disclosure: the Escape is my favorite disc.

Something I have heard repeated over and over is all the Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs all sponsored players have to 100% use one the bags made for the brand they are sponsored by, they can't use the Other companies bags made for the other company even if using the discs from the other companies. If the player has a sponsorship with a different bag company, they have to drop it. Westside sponsored players, well there dose not seem to be a player on that team anymore since the company stopped producing its own discs and not sure if they even have bags past the beginner single strap ones anymore since getting bought out by both Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs.

I have seen now since the bags got better for Prodigy in the 2 and 3 sets t those sponsored players are using the bags the company has made for them.

Last edited:
Something I have heard repeated over and over is all the Latitude 64 and Dynamic Discs all sponsored players have to 100% use one the bags made for the brand they are sponsored by, they can't use the Other companies bags made for the other company even if using the discs from the other companies. [. . .] Westside sponsored players, well there dose not seem to be a player on that team anymore since the company stopped producing its own discs [. . .]

Erika Stinchcomb is sponsored by westside and uses a Dynamic Discs Ranger bag.

Erika Stinchcomb is sponsored by westside and uses a Dynamic Discs Ranger bag.

Thanks, I had a hard time finding the Westside Website in English. Could only find the Finnish site So I did not know if they had sponsored players.

Is the Rest true though? Is it true that the players from Dynamic Disc can only use those bags and the players sponsored by Latitude 64 can only use those bags?

With two Office Space references already, should this next year's BBQ Chat now be Office Space Talk?

What about both?

Umm, yeah. We have sort of a problem here. You need to make up some rumors about disc golfers changing sponsors. It would really, really help us out. Yeah, that would be great...

… Oh, and we're gonna need you to come up with some more on Saturday, too.

Last edited:
It feel like most discgolf manufacturers have quite large Team´s. . do they really need MORE players in their teams?

Maybe we will see a cut down of team players so that not all players will even have a disc sponsor in a few years?

It feel like most discgolf manufacturers have quite large Team´s. . do they really need MORE players in their teams?

Maybe we will see a cut down of team players so that not all players will even have a disc sponsor in a few years?

Westside sponsored players, well there dose not seem to be a player on that team anymore...

So you're saying I'm not going to get my sponsor bonus for this past weekend? :eek:

Thanks, I had a hard time finding the Westside Website in English. Could only find the Finnish site So I did not know if they had sponsored players.

http://westsidediscs.com First result in Google. All in English.

Is the Rest true though? Is it true that the players from Dynamic Disc can only use those bags and the players sponsored by Latitude 64 can only use those bags?

Players from any of the three teams are allowed to use bags branded by any of the three companies, same as with the discs. It is true that we are limited to just bags branded by the three companies. With the variety and quality available (including carts), why would we need to use anything else?

So you're saying I'm not going to get my sponsor bonus for this past weekend? :eek:

http://westsidediscs.com First result in Google. All in English.

Players from any of the three teams are allowed to use bags branded by any of the three companies, same as with the discs. It is true that we are limited to just bags branded by the three companies. With the variety and quality available (including carts), why would we need to use anything else?

Team DD players have to use a DD bag. In competition specifically, a higher-end DD bag, like the Ranger, Ranger H2O or Commander.

lol what?

It's very clearly a completely different, unrelated brand with no ties to discgolf other than Greg wearing one of their jackets. It's not Greg, Discraft, or Craft's fault that someone saw a partial logo and jumped to conclusions.

So if a Nike athlete like Lebron James started wearing jackets that said "Balance" or "Bok" or some other shortened version of one of their main rivals' name that's totally fine?

So if a Nike athlete like Lebron James started wearing jackets that said "Balance" or "Bok" or some other shortened version of one of their main rivals' name that's totally fine?

It's a rain jacket... And who knows, maybe he printed the Innova logo behind.

Innova is his disc sponsor.
And I'm pretty sure they don't require Barsby to only wear Innova stuff. The day Innova comes up with a full line of disc golf equipment, then we'll talk again.

Because, based on your argument, he couldn't drink craft beers either.

It's a rain jacket... And who knows, maybe he printed the Innova logo behind.

Innova is his disc sponsor.
And I'm pretty sure they don't require Barsby to only wear Innova stuff. The day Innova comes up with a full line of disc golf equipment, then we'll talk again.

Because, based on your argument, he couldn't drink craft beers either.

It has "CRAFT" on the back in large print... I've seen numerous pros wear jackets with the Team Innova logo/wings on the back. Also, I'm not saying he only can wear Innova stuff, I just said it was a questionable choice, and I'm sure his sponsor didn't love the choice. There are thousands of jackets out there, it just seems like an odd selection to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With two Office Space references already, should this next year's BBQ Chat now be Office Space Talk?

What about both?

It has "CRAFT" on the back in large print... I've seen numerous pros wear jackets with the Team Innova logo/wings on the back. Also, I'm not saying he only can wear Innova stuff, I just said it was a questionable choice, and I'm sure his sponsor didn't love the choice. There are thousands of jackets out there, it just seems like an odd selection to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I need to get out of here, I think I'm gonna lose it

Innova sponsored Joel Freeman has stated he is newly engaged and will not be on tour this coming year but hopes to tour again in the future.

In other news, Paul McBeth was spotted wearing a jacket that said NOVA in large print. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts