• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The MUST have Equipment lists. (Non Disc Related)

Ok what is the sandpaper for????

So you don't have to use a sock or your shirt sleeve. :p

Beverage
Golf ball even though random sticks and rocks work better
Small lock blade
Sandpaper
Coins
Rag

I'm going to make a retriever of some kind for that disc drowning, snake infested, rip rap and mud bottomed, zero visibility creek at Fritz.

Pruning shears---for dealing with pesky thorny vines and blackberries between me and my disc.
1-2 discs for trading/giveaway

I probably should have put a smiley face or something to show I really don't mind multiple threads on the same thing. Especially when they are difficult to search like this topic. Just letting some of the newer people know it's been covered before.

Everything has been covered before, really. They wrote history books and educational material in the 1800's. Does that mean we should just search through for it? Sometimes its better to get current input to use as well as historical ideas.

Or I was lazy.

Pencils,Sharpie,small clip board, extra mini, money and towels, gorilla grip, car keys. That about does it. .......Umbrella on the bad days.

Besides my discs, according to methe most important stuff to carry along with me is an mp3 plaer and headphones/earbuds

I also carry sharpies, pencils, extra towel, gatorade, pencil sharpener, swiss army knife, and similar things. just added handheld pruning shears to make it through a rough patch of thorns at newly opened course. I do carry one of those 15 foot ball golf retreivers i got at Walmart for around $12. It comes in handy when playing around tall cedars. I do like the slingshot idea.

[10discs,1putter,1mini]
Short length of paracord, RIPT revenge, cloth measuring tape (like a tailors), small serrated pocket knife, first-aid kit, official PDGA measure conversion chart, PDGA rules of play in a plastic sheeting for waterproofing, ink pen, paper scorecards I made up, water bottle, snacks, towel, DGCR business cards, lighter, small notepad, golf pencil, red beacons for night golf. All in my little PDGA standard bag.
During a round, add: My car keys and phone (for keeping score).
I need to add: A few plastic bags (for course litter detail), my monkeys fist and some main line for it, a holder for my handheld gps, and maybe sew on some hookups for a set of quads.

For me, this all MUST have equipment. And I'm sure there's still more that I need.

lately ive been carrying a small first aid kit, a towel and a capri sun in the pocket and a water bottle to drink. dont know why i have the capri sun, i never drink the damn thing

^lots of that stuff. Plus I also carry a magic eraser to keep the course clean, a corkscrew/tool, extra towel, camera, dog treats, TP and matches.

[10discs,1putter,1mini]
Short length of paracord, RIPT revenge, cloth measuring tape (like a tailors), small serrated pocket knife, first-aid kit, official PDGA measure conversion chart, PDGA rules of play in a plastic sheeting for waterproofing, ink pen, paper scorecards I made up, water bottle, snacks, towel, DGCR business cards, lighter, small notepad, golf pencil, red beacons for night golf. All in my little PDGA standard bag.
During a round, add: My car keys and phone (for keeping score).
I need to add: A few plastic bags (for course litter detail), my monkeys fist and some main line for it, a holder for my handheld gps, and maybe sew on some hookups for a set of quads.

For me, this all MUST have equipment. And I'm sure there's still more that I need.

Why the phone and scorecards for scorekeeping? Seems like you have some overlap in the bag.

@roc lover.
Yes. some overlap, but batteries die, paper tears, things get lost. Kinda falls into tbe 'be prepared' scouting mindset. And if for some reason, someone else needs a scorecard, I can give them one without exhausting my own.
Be prepared and do a good turn daily.

My extras are......

Pencils
two towells
mp3 player
golden retriever
black permanent marker
frequently a small pistol
sometimes a folding stool
anti fog cloths for glasses
ziplocks in case of rain(cell phone,wallet)
extra scorecards

To get a stuck disc out of a tree??? :p Someone better not throw up on this guy!

I also carry a disc flight chart from Marshal Street to check unknown disc flight characteristics for other players.

@roc lover.
Yes. some overlap, but batteries die, paper tears, things get lost. Kinda falls into tbe 'be prepared' scouting mindset. And if for some reason, someone else needs a scorecard, I can give them one without exhausting my own.
Be prepared and do a good turn daily.

Do you provide spare discs as well for the unprepared?

Mini
Towel
Glove for the non throwing hand
Beanie
Water
League bag tags

I always keep a fleece, light rain jacket, and a couple extra towels in the car. Backpacking and biking trips have taught that it's good to be prepared, but the outdoors are a lot more enjoyable when you're not carrying around a bunch of crap that you're not going to use. So really the only things I don't use 100% of the time are the glove and beanie. I find those to be the most space and weight efficient way to maintain temperature.