• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next great player....under 18 phenoms

Somebodys mad cause they cant throw a forehand lol

Thats dumb to say its an easier shot and then say its lame in the same post. I want to make the easiest shot possible to win. Its not like were talking about steroids to gain an advantage, we are talking about a skill.....that u must not possess

yeah easier shot. if it was an easier shot, everyone would be throwing forehand all the time. I for one am struggling my behind off trying to learn forehand. I know that in order to get to that next level I need it. but I guess I am just copping out and trying to use the easier shot that I just cant quite get yet. :doh::wall::confused:

no im all for that. just like when you're skating switch you push with your non dominant leg.

How can you compare pushing mongo with throwing a flick? You're still using your right hand to throw the disc. Pushing mongo can be better compared to throwing with your non dominant hand. I skated for 8 years and not once did I get any grief for pushing mongo style. You just seem like an extremely close-minded person who is stuck in there own little ignorant box. Even the Champ said he has started to learn how to throw FH in order to keep up with the talent today. Even old school refuses to be old school. GET OUT OF YOUR BOX.

:popcorn:

i threw drives forehand 100% of the time for like 10 years, then stopped last year completely and backhanded every single shot. im not ignorant to anything. ill pop off and forehand every single shot including birdie putts if you must see it, but i do it as a joke, because thats what it is. like happy gilmore teebox shots in golf.

Our very own KatanaFrenzy's been playing for a little over a year now. Crazy amounts of natural talent, huge arm, good putting, good head on his shoulders.

Wouldn't be surprised at all for him to be taking down A-tiers in the next couple of years.

who's the kid who caddied for Nikko at Worlds? That kid had unreal form, was bombing drives, getting 3 on 700' holes with great approaches and solid putting. Kid was the real deal.

D.J. Baldwin is the guy referenced here, he plays out of Michigan. Took a youth title at Charlotte and is a real solid player.

I have seen Austin do a 500+ 360 drive at 15 years old. He has really worked on his game. Also he ran his first tournament at 16 (loriella ice bowl) how often do you see a TD that is too young to drink?

Matty, I've played with him (not in the last year though) and don't know nearly as well as Austin. He can be a headcase waiting top happen, seen him play great, and seen him play terrible - reacting much differently in both cases, arrogant and boasting vs. upset and miserable in parking lots a lunch. He indeed has great potential, but needs to mature before I could call him a breakout youngster. Not saying he can't be real good, but seen too many golfers suffer from head problems and hurting their own game (including mine!). If Matty Kash does hold his demeanor and learns, he can also be great.

I think it's sometimes easy to forget how young Matty is due to how good of a player he is. I would like to think I have grown up to be a really well-adjusted adult, but I know I would cringe at my attitude or my actions from when I was 15 and having a bad day at something I really cared about. Matty is a great kid -- a generous person and a good friend. His mental game will continue to get better as time goes by, I think.

Zach "the champ" Jones, only 17 years of age. He has been slaying course records for the past several years. Won his first tournament this past spring.
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/93576/2013

Known on this site as chickenonabun

No offense, but I have a hard time believing that a 928 rated golfer has "been slaying course records for years". Unless those course records were set on tracks that are only a few days old.

I've played in 2 tournaments so far with matty kashima. There's a lot of words I could use to describe him but I think "wow" is the best one.

Kid came out and shot about 8 strokes better then the best score our locals have put up at our new course, built on a ball golf course.

He is a force to be reckoned with.

I've also seem him really upset, crying in the parking lot after a bad round. Then I was like, oh yeah, he's 15. I cried about losing a game of magic cards when I was 15. I didn't see anything from him that would make me think he has any personality issues other then being young. As his game evolves, so will his attitude I'm sure.

No offense, but I have a hard time believing that a 928 rated golfer has "been slaying course records for years". Unless those course records were set on tracks that are only a few days old.

For some reason, people around here like to call me the champ. I'm not exactly sure why... but I do find it funny.

Latest posts