• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a homemade setup with small footprint so easy to navigate tight paths etc i just dont like pulling or pushing up hills and get off into woods with some actual slopes and forget about it. I cant imagine a cart at somewhere like white cedar which is what I was picturing in CO i guess.

I just dont see how a cart makes these courses any easier. It hasnt in my experience at all really.

Gotchya.

I have the Delta and its compact footprint lends itself pretty well to navigate hills and tight spaces. I've never really considered it a PITA to move uphill or downhill.

Different strokes/different folks, right?

thats what ive always liked about the delta design. My cart can sit fine on a hill and stability is legit. Might be the pole/handle setup which makes a difference. Ive heard some weird complaints about both models here and mine is just a single flat bar which could be a littttttle higher.

Yeah, White Cedar may be an exception. There are definitely some courses I wouldn't bring a cart. Hell Bryant Lake, with all its steps and stuff, I may not take it (made the mistake once with a golf cart...thanks Eric).

But that's probably about 5% of courses I wouldn't take it on. I pull a Ridge Roller, FWIW. It really makes a difference if you're a raging alcoholic and carry a 12 pack with you.

Guess i havent found that to be true even at a place like bryant lake or hyland which are not Colorado mountains. Id rather carry a lighter set in my upper park rebel and hike it out. Hell even the valley i find my cart setup to get annoying.

I definitely wouldn't drag around a cart at some of the mountain courses and rarely take my full bag to those courses anyway. Even out in the "plains" most courses are not really flat and have some elevation change although not anything extreme. I just wanted to see if on small/moderate hills, as found on many good courses, the carts have some stability and could still potentially work as a seat while waiting in spots that have a slight grade and are not totally flat. I don't worry do much about the Delta with it being a little shorter and wider but the height of the RR does concern me with potential stability issues.

I don't worry do much about the Delta with it being a little shorter and wider but the height of the RR does concern me with potential stability issues.

Although I would not sit on my RR on steep hills, I sit on it all the time on slight ones. My home course is hilly in places, and you can always find a "flatter" spot to stop and sit. I take mine on all the courses near me except the most hilly, and that would be manageable as well, I have just never tried. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Works well in the mountains of Colorado. Ill keep you posted...

Attachments

• 20160521_155139.jpg
    20160521_155139.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 112
After 6 months on various courses I am still in love with my Ridge Roller. Saddle bags on the way so may have to re think where the bottle holder is positioned. here is an album with some recent pics: http://imgur.com/a/4qms8

After 6 months on various courses I am still in love with my Ridge Roller. Saddle bags on the way so may have to re think where the bottle holder is positioned. here is an album with some recent pics: http://imgur.com/a/4qms8
Your anodized red quick release- is that a bicycle seatpost clamp? The screw clamp that comes stock on there is annoying to me because I take the handle off to transport the cart.

Your anodized red quick release- is that a bicycle seatpost clamp? The screw clamp that comes stock on there is annoying to me because I take the handle off to transport the cart.

I take the handle off as well. Thought I had lost the original black one and emailed Joe and he hooked me up . I looks exactly like a seatpost clamp and probably is.

I was monkeying around with the disc rack today and I noticed the bottom front tube is about 3/4" shorter then the rest, is this normal?

What is the difference between all terrain cart and the disc golf cart?
Is it just that they include disc golf rack?

Just got mine in/set up today!
86607286860e08c201599ceb8b5c34ea.jpg

51f3fa8f9d7dfd656afbcd5f1c16ea1e.jpg

1fa444a9f034e862b221825a53073998.jpg

c0c058694ed1c4f9a06d7fb208bcf029.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Stevo, can you give a front and back closeup picture of the mounting bracket you used on the pouch? Also a description of what you used and how you installed it would be awesome. I get the general idea, but seeing what multiple people do lets me decide what would work best for me.

Stevo, can you give a front and back closeup picture of the mounting bracket you used on the pouch? Also a description of what you used and how you installed it would be awesome. I get the general idea, but seeing what multiple people do lets me decide what would work best for me.
This is a crude temporary solution until the Zuca putter pouches are in stock again, at which time I will reevaluate. I used a $12 Husky tool pouch from Home Depot and a 1/2" pipe strap and 2 zip ties. Little bit o' tape on the pole to prevent it from sliding down.
bdaadfbdf5300ee3ecaed8c022aae5c9.jpg

8319fc2cd41a0b01480d5961b914fc59.jpg

Total cost was less than $15

I'm not sure how others mounted theirs and I just wanted a quick solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts