• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

I really thought they had covered Fairway drivers with the Shock, Volt and Amp. I guess they need "straight" ones with the Resistor and Servo?

Anyway, Servo sounds like it has a lot more potential for me given the low power requirements.

I was throwing my Resistor along with a newish Firebird this weekend and they pretty much flew the same for me, so a bit too overstable for most lines I'm going for, but might come in handy for the extreme overstable slots as I progress, or when I go to windy courses.

not straight ones, slower ones

^I agree there. Volt/shock/Amp are too fast IMO to be staple fairway drivers for all players. The resistor is a good disc but very OS for low power throwers and a volt/shock would be similar as well. hopefully this flies like differences between faster axis/vector speed mids and slower tangent/tensor which makes them a lot more workable at all skill levels but within the fairway slot as a true 7ish speed disc.

hmm something to compete against a river....

That was my first thought: a more HSS River.

Now, when I'm out on the course and hit a great shot with this disc I can say...

Ohhhhh, you done just got SERVOED!

Better yet, if your name is Tom, you could say, "You just got Tom Servoed!"

images

That makes sense. Speed 7ish would be nice. I want to throw my Volt/Amp on tunnel shots because I'm real consistent on the release with all MVP stuff, but if it rises at all I'm screwed and it can just be a bit too lively to stay in the fairway. Maybe I could get more control if it was slower, and the distance would still be really close to the same for a 325 thrower like me.

I'm pretty much going to wait until it gets In4d's seal of approval before I buy one.

This I may have to try out. The resister wasn't what I needed, already having the trident, and the volt was too fast for the slot I need to fill, so hopefully this one will work out. On another note, we now know what their next disc will be - the understable speed 7 (leopard clone) that folks are asking for.

This I may have to try out. The resister wasn't what I needed, already having the trident, and the volt was too fast for the slot I need to fill, so hopefully this one will work out. On another note, we now know what their next disc will be - the understable speed 7 (leopard clone) that folks are asking for.

yeah as much as I love they are filling out the lineup and this really appeals to lower power throwers IMO for a solid fairway over the volt which could easily be a distance driver for most and I have the Ion, tangent, axis which all can be thrown for me as far as most throw "fairway" drivers when starting out. I realllllllllly need the understable f7/truly US fairway which is workable but not flippy like you mention as well as a beadless/lid/US putter to go with the DD clone shock/volt mold :D but see where this mold could be a big hit across all levels of play for MVP especially those who were underwhelmed by the faster volt/shock/amp

I'm pretty much going to wait until it gets In4d's seal of approval before I buy one.

It already has it, or they wouldn't have molded it. :|

Also, watch out for Mike C's twenty videos on this disc. :D

The long distance driver will be the Crooooooooooooooow!

I don't know if I really care anymore, MVP. I kinda wish you'd given me a chance to get excited about new discs instead of just randomly pumping out one FD after another that I'm not really sure I need.

We lower power throwers love new discs like this.

Instead of speed 47 drivers.

I don't know if I really care anymore, MVP. I kinda wish you'd given me a chance to get excited about new discs instead of just randomly pumping out one FD after another that I'm not really sure I need.

Amen, brother.

[deadhorse]And since having pre-ordered the first run Amp & Shock, I'm not in a rush either. [/deadhorse]