• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] The Servo - Fairway Driver

The Clash might fill that role for you. My Servo is more used than my Clash so that might be the difference but the Servo has quite a bit more HS turn before fading than my Clash.

The gyro takeover continues......

First the Resistor replaced my Banshee. Then the Vector replaced my Wasp. Now the Servo has replaced my Stalkers. The Servo is very straight flying with a subtle forward fade. Mine is as flat as my Resistors and feels very similar. I would give it flight ratings of 6/4/0/1.5 (initial impression in 12-15mph winds). Very torque resistant. MVP once again impressing me for the third time. This is the last change I'm going to make to my bag for the rest of the year but I have a feeling it won't be the last time that MVP replaces something that I've been using for a long time.

^ Awesome to hear man! The Ion, Volt, and Photon should be on you're short list

^ Awesome to hear man! The Ion, Volt, and Photon should be on you're short list

The Photon didn't feel right in my hand when I held it at PIAS and I have been loving Wraiths for too long to stray. The Volt is an interesting disc, comfortable in the hand but I just don't have a need for it. An MVP putter (like an Ion) would be interesting if they had plastic like Innova's KC Pro or Prodigy's 350g to use for their flight plate.

Servo, to me, is an easier to throw, slighty less fade Eagle. It still packs that dependability that it will fade back and it won't turn over. So it has replaced my Eagles.

Servo, to me, is an easier to throw, slighty less fade Eagle. It still packs that dependability that it will fade back and it won't turn over. So it has replaced my Eagles.

And you can buy another Servo knowing it will be just like the last one. :thmbup:

And you can buy another Servo knowing it will be just like the last one. :thmbup:

:thmbup:

I threw a Servo OB in a tourney and had to go to a DZ and throw a similar shot, just OVER the OB which required my Servo. I pulled it's backup out and it flew identically.

How would a servo compare to the rival, specifically a neutron versus icon, both in the mid 160's weight range? I like the flight of the rival but not the feel of the rim and am putting more overmold in my bag

My seasoned Servo (175g) has become the most amazing FH hyzer flip to fade disc. Such control and distance. You've all been warned. That is all.

Huh. I put my Servo back in the gyro bag for easy straight forehands. Neat.

Hey thanks for the idea I should get mine back out and play a practice round with it.. I forgot about that disc.. It fell by the way when I got a light Inertia

Hey thanks for the idea I should get mine back out and play a practice round with it.. I forgot about that disc.. It fell by the way when I got a light Inertia

Forgot about the Servo? Don't do that. It's my most used mold next to my Berg. The Servo & Resistor are a great 1-2 fairway combo.

I'm finally ready to give it a fair rip... my forehand has been coming along slowly but it's time for a dedicated disc for it again it puts less pressure on my weak ass lead knee then back hand. How is it for a 180' thumb hammer? I have an old Pro (champ) Firebird that holds that slot, it and the Comet are the only non Gyro I'm the bag.

Necro bumping because I saw some plasma Servos in stock on OTB. Anyone still bag this mold? It seems like it would be pretty similar to a fresh DX Eagle which has me intrigued

Necro bumping because I saw some plasma Servos in stock on OTB. Anyone still bag this mold? It seems like it would be pretty similar to a fresh DX Eagle which has me intrigued

My beefy crave booted it out of my bag, but I like the disc, it hung on in my bag until just recently.

I have one in my bag just to see what it's like. Turns a little, fades a little more, seems to fly a long way. I like it, but it is very similar to a Hokom Crave for me.

I got a Servo as a 'secret Santa' exchange when Trash Panda did his Holiday disc swap thing. Thought I would give it a try and didn't regret it. It ended up being the forehand fairway driver that I didn't know I needed. But the color was 'wrong' for the desert area I live in and I ended up getting a brighter colored one that also happened to be a lighter weight. It is my go-to forehand disc now and I'm on my third one (lost both of the other ones :( ). Rarely do I replace a disc I lost with the same thing. I've gotten so many discs over the last three years that I usually have a similar disc I can use. Not so with the Servo....as long as they are being made, I will always have one in my bag.

It surprised me how much I ended up liking the disc....I have tried several MVP/Axiom discs and didn't like any of them and none have stayed in my bag except for the Servo.

Latest posts