• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Three Disc Challenge

I think i've already posted, but I've changed my mind, so i'll repost it. and i know, i know, i'm going with the popular combo.

175 teebird.
180 roc.
166ish jk aviar. kc would work too, but i'd rather have the jk.

i'f i could throw a fourth one in there, it'd be an overstable distance drive. starfire or Xcal. max weight.

Right now I am leaning towards my
DX RHyno 168 I think
DX Valkyrie 175 (one of my two original discs I bought, too bad I don't even carry the Shark I bought at the same time)
DX Stingray 180 for my approaches

If I could add a fourth it would be the 180 DX Viper for the spike hyzer or a short shot into the wind!

172 Star XCal
175 Champ Beast
Omega SS P&A

I just got a new 175 KC Roc that I'm fairly certain would take the place of that Omega, but I haven't thrown it yet. Gonna dye it.

driver- 168 champ vikeing
mid range- either a leopard(i know its a fairway driver) or a goblin
putter- 175 sonic (this disc flies amazingly straight)

i havent been playing to long but thats what i would take out of what i have.

I'd probably go against the grain and use:
166 DX Wraith (long and understable)
175 Star Starfire (long and overstable)
171 DX Aviar (putter, also for straight approach shots)

My aviar and midranges just aren't different enough at my current skill level to warrant excluding the two very different longrange discs.

I actually have a real three disc challenge coming up next week. My daughter and I heard about a group that plays night disc golf at a local course, and we are going to check it out. Part of the rules are, you can only carry a driver, mid and putter to play. No bags allowed. I have been racking my brain. I can't decide between my Champ Viking or Champ Valk. I need help.

Of course my mid will be my Coyote and the putter is my Soft Magnet.

that'd be pretty sweet if there were 3 disc tournaments. I've heard of one disc tourneys, but never s 3 disc one (and all the 1 disc tourneys I know of force everyone to use the same disc).

Anyone tally these up yet? I started to but got tired after the first 6 pages ... Rocs and Aviars were the clear favorite, drivers were a bit more distributed. Any accountants or people with extreme OCD out there want to take this on?

Mine:

170g DX Leopard
175g DX Roc
Classic Aviar (beat like a red headed stepchild)

Anyone tally these up yet? I started to but got tired after the first 6 pages ... Rocs and Aviars were the clear favorite, drivers were a bit more distributed. Any accountants or people with extreme OCD out there want to take this on?

This is my current tally (I just spent like an hour doing this, as I have nothing to do today). These do not include my favorites, as I have not tried enough discs to really have a huge preference.

---

I did not distinguish between plastics, some modified models (IE all the different rocs or aviars, the Surge SS, etc), colours, or weights. If someone failed to make a distinct choice of disc, I omitted them (IE people saying "x or y" for their driver). I also did not categorize by what people use these discs for (IE some people putt with midranges). I ignored people whose opinions changed. Situations where the same model was used for two different slots were counted as one vote for that disc (IE a buzzz used for both a putter and a midrange = +1 to buzzz).

Note: I may have missed some repeat posters if they were not obvious about it.

aviar 57
wizard 18
magnet 17
banger 8
rhyno 8
challenger 7
magic 6
Omega 5
pig 4
blowfly 3
putt'r 3
XD 3