• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Three Disc Challenge

classic lineup

Well...I might as well add to what seems like the most popular lineup.

172 Champ Teebird
172 DX Roc
175 Aviar P&A

I carry about eleven discs in my bag, but most times get through a whole round using only these three...

You know there is something to be said for throwing discs that a consensus of serious players agrees are good. So far I've converted to the Roc as my main midrange and the aviar P&A as my main putter and they've both helped my game a lot. I guess it's time to go get a teebird.

Star Skeeter
Champ Monarch
Star Detroyer
Bringing a putter on a 3 disc challenge seems like a waste to me,
But what do I know?!

This really started me to thinking. I use all of my discs but some very rarely because they are only for a certain shot. Usually a get out of trouble thing.

As I thought of this the 3 discs I chose could do all of the things I needed, albeit with a slight adjustment in grip, release angle, or some other thing. I have just gotten use to what I do.

So for better or worse here they are.

Driver: Wraith. It is dependable backhand, and since I do a lot of sidearm I can use it instead of my normal choice for that throw.

Mid: Champ Shark. They are not making this in Champ now. Which is sad. This is THE BEST all purpose disc around. I can even putt this one if I need to change up my third choice.

Putter: The putter category has probably caused more discussion than any other disc on this forum. My choice is the FLX Challenger. For me it just works.

A challenge to you all. Next time you play. Take just these three and try it, and let us know what happened. I am going to do it.

Cheetah
Aurora MS
Omega SS

If I used this trio, I'd probably never shoot from the rough.... why haven't I thought about this before?

I'm seriously thinking about narrowing my bag down to three molds.

Eagle
Buzzz
Wizard

I don't know which specific discs I would use for just three discs, but it would be those three molds.

I remember the first time I saw this thread or a thread like it and I had to think pretty hard what I want to use but now, I probably could easily do with just an Ion and Core and shape hyzer and anny and then can throw in whatever I want for distance throws. Would feel better about it though even more if I get my forehand just a little better.

Most of you guys would take the standard driver, mid and putter. I think I would do better with 2 drivers (stable-understable) and an approach putter.

175 Star Dart
172 Star Sidewinder
172 Champ Destroyer

I think I posted a while back in this thread but my choices have changed. I would take an R-pro boss, a roadrunner and an aviar putter

Medium Wizard - All putting and Midrange duties.

Z Stalker - Longer Mid for me.

Champ TeeBird - I throw it just short of my distance drivers, and I can power it down and it's really workable.

Z Stalker - Longer Mid for me.

Really? I threw mine 400ft yesterday. Throw it hard with a slight hyzer and it will flip flat and sail out straight and far. Doesn't fade too much either.

I will have to try it for a couple mid shots and see how it does. The Z Stalker is a great disc!

Beat DX BB Aviar 175
Beat DX Roc 180
Beat Champion Teebird 175