• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

I saw an ITB where they said the new swirl ESP was relatively understable.

Z is a must have, can range from slightly to very overstable. Look at PLH.

The Ledgestone (2017?) Cryztal sparkles were also nice and consistently overstable. There are plenty still available (Infinite and Marshall Street).

I'm looking to bag a few different Undertakers in multiple plastics for my fairway needs. Problem is I'm not overly familiar with the stability of the different Discraft plastics. I love my Z flx Undertaker and I've gotten very comfortable with it's flight patterns. What would be the most overstable and understable plastics from Discraft in order to give me a few different varieties in my bag?

My buddy gave me a pro d undertaker because he couldnt get it to work. My home course is heavily wooded and i need a lot of straight shots. That disc quickly became my goto for those ones. I bought the Ledgestone CryZtal Undertaker to replace it cuz I do a lot of tree chopping, LOL! So far the ProD is still my goto for straight and narrow.

Agreed. the Pro-D quickly became my understable Undie while my X is breaking in. I also like the Pro-D for throwing over water holes. Long story short, all the plastics have a place in my bag for different reasons. I haven't met an Undertaker I didn't like.

I guess I didnt truly answer the question. Sorry for the 'newbese'. The cryZtL sparkle is less stable than the pro D but not by a ton.

Agreed. the Pro-D quickly became my understable Undie while my X is breaking in. I also like the Pro-D for throwing over water holes. Long story short, all the plastics have a place in my bag for different reasons. I haven't met an Undertaker I didn't like.

So what you're saying is that you carry more than one pair of undies in your bag?? :D

Not a huge fan of the 1st run - they are really similar to domey predators but have more glide. I carry one but don't find myself reaching for it often at all. They are good discs, don't get me wrong, I just have so much more time that I'm just more comfortable with a beat predator. ESP and Z 'takers get the bulk of the stable fairway work, next to the mantis for turning shots.

No better stable driver than an Under(wear)taker!

*takes out sharpie. Proceeds to update every Undertaker within reach.
attachment.php

Attachments

• UNDERwearTAKER.jpg
    UNDERwearTAKER.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 338
So what you're saying is that you carry more than one pair of undies in your bag?? :D
You have to... with the course I live beside :)

...It appears Marmoset might have a bigger collection of Undies than me!...
I only have about 10 which is unusual for me. If I really like a disc I usually end up with about 50 of 'em.

I find Undertakers and Thunderbirds pretty interchangeable. They are both great discs. The Undertaker rim configuration is a tiny bit more comfortable for my hands, I like the name (I was a mortician intern for a few months) and I just like to support Discraft. Innova already gets most of my money, gotta spread it around a little. But honestly, I could swap from Undies to Thundies and not miss a beat.

I find Undertakers and Thunderbirds pretty interchangeable. They are both great discs. The Undertaker rim configuration is a tiny bit more comfortable for my hands, I like the name (I was a mortician intern for a few months) and I just like to support Discraft. Innova already gets most of my money, gotta spread it around a little. But honestly, I could swap from Undies to Thundies and not miss a beat.

Which Undertakers and Thunderbirds do you throw? With Z/Champ, they're a totally different disc. My Undertakers get a decent amount of turn and sometimes get embarrassed by headwinds, whereas the Thunderbird gets basically no turn.

To me, they seem pretty different. I actually have both a Z (dyed) Undertaker and Champ Thunderbird in the bag right now. I've thrown at least one Z and a Cryztal Sparkle that is close, but still not as overstable as the Thunderbird.

The star and some champ Thundies can be more overstable than my first run Z Undies. But on average, my new first run Z Undies are as stable as an average Thundy. I haven't thrown any newer Z runs because I have enough first runs for now. My big Z is only slightly less overstable than my first run Zs.

Due to Innova's production volume, you could probably more easily cover overstable to understable with brand new Thundy discs.

I currently only bag 7 discs. I recently played my home couse and with the yellow leaves all coming down, i didnt want to throw my yellow Wraith. Instead I annied my pink cryZtal Underweartaker and dang that was awesome! It did EXACTLY what I asked it too!

Got a Mini Undertaker yesterday with Player's Pack voucher...pretty cool.

I already bag a predator... would one of the Glo Z cause too much overlap? I'm looking to buy two Undertakers to fill out my fairway lineup, and don't know if I should go Glo/Ti, Z/ESP, or something else all together.

How far are you throwing your Pred? The GLO Z Undertaker is not nearly as overstable as a Predator, if you are getting the Predator 300'. If you are trying to minimize, a regular Z will be next in line for OS, then ESP, then X. For instance, my fairways from OS to US are: Hellfire, Tsunami, (2x) Vulture, GLO Utker, Z Utker, ESP Utker, throttled ESP GLO Utker. For reference's sake, I throw the Undertakers out to 380', depending on the wind, etc. If you throw substantially shorter, just slide down the scale. HTH.