• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

I already bag a predator... would one of the Glo Z cause too much overlap? I'm looking to buy two Undertakers to fill out my fairway lineup, and don't know if I should go Glo/Ti, Z/ESP, or something else all together.

A good glow Z undertaker will fill a 'beat predator' slot in your bag. Kind of the bridge between a z predator and a normal z undertaker. I think it would pair well with a normal esp undertaker.

Anyone know what the stability is like between cryZtal sparkle and glow?

Can any compare the undertaker and the 1.1 OLF? I have a small stack of 1.1 SOLFs but I'm afraid they're going to run out one day.

So UT throwers, are TIs usually flippy? I got one of the new PmB ones and it was glideless and US which I thought was odd, but I've only thrown the one so I was wondering if that is the norm or I got a couple freaks (I also have a couple of them I haven't thrown but the PLH matches).

So UT throwers, are TIs usually flippy? I got one of the new PmB ones and it was glideless and US which I thought was odd, but I've only thrown the one so I was wondering if that is the norm or I got a couple freaks (I also have a couple of them I haven't thrown but the PLH matches).

The few TIs that I have I can give a full rip onto them and they just go straight until they slow down and then they have a little fade. They have no turn what-so-ever.

When undertakers beat in do they lose their HSS or LSS first? I took 2 Z's, a Big Z, and a McBeth Ti to the home course this afternoon and threw some made up lines on a few holes. The one shot was an open field but had to hit a 15' wide tunnel 290'ish away. I was able to throw some laser shots 8' off the ground but it was fighting out a bit. I had an X Undertaker with me but unfortunately it was white and I didn't want to lose it in the snow.

I am really clicking with this disc. I was worried that it was going to overlap with my SOLFs a bit but it's much shorter despite the rim width. More like a teebird for me.

I was worried that it was going to overlap with my SOLFs a bit but it's much shorter despite the rim width. More like a teebird for me.

The rim width on the Undertaker is in actuality much closer to a Teebird than any traditional "speed 9" disc.

I agree, it's probably in that speed 8 category.

As far as beating them in, I have a beat ESP that lost more HSS than LSS. It's a hyzer flipper now, to a smaller fade. However, I have a FRZ that started of pretty OS (for an undy) that has just straightened out over time, losing The fade more than flipping (although it's taken a long time... Z is very durable).

I have one Ti, but it's bright green (idk what I was thinking...) so it doesn't get thrown much. I find it a little more meaty than a regular Z.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here yet, but has anyone thrown those GMC jawbreaker undertakers at all? I'd love to try one out because I love the grip + glide of jawbreaker. Use it for my US undertaker slot.

Can any compare the undertaker and the 1.1 OLF? I have a small stack of 1.1 SOLFs but I'm afraid they're going to run out one day.

OLF has more of a faster Eagle flight (think like speed 9.5 Eagle), while the undertaker is a little slower and has both less turn and less fade. (source: I threw 1.1 and 1.2 OLFs for a while back in the day. When the flight pattern changed for 1.3 I got rid of them all)

I'd put the OLF in the faster control driver category, and the undertaker would be more of a traditional fairway driver.

TI

Mine was glideless and straight...I'll kee my Eagle for my main Fairway Driver

Is it just me or is the Undertaker really similar to a TL? Seems like a really popular mold for Discraft, while the TL is rather unpopular.

Is it just me or is the Undertaker really similar to a TL? Seems like a really popular mold for Discraft, while the TL is rather unpopular.
Funny you say that, my son & I call it a Thunderbird-L.

Thunderbird has that X-wing and the Undertaker has that L-wing.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

I don't think anything in the Innova lineup is THAT much better than an undertaker. Maybe the Eagle and Thunderbird, but that's just my opinion.

There is a reason Mcbeth is throwing a freakin Tracker over the Undertaker.

Because he wanted a glideless overstable disc that didn't fade as hard as a predator?

I believe PM is throwing a tracker for straighter FHs, but still bags the Undy for straight BH. My faves are Zs (first runs are a bit more OS than normal, sample size 4). ESPs are nice woods flip up straight drivers. Good glide.

I have one TI (pre PM one) but it's green, so I haven't thrown it much. Seems a little more stable than a normal Z out of the box.