• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

I've got a FR McBeth that is definitely on the US side. Flips up from a deep hyzer to turn. I used it as a OH disc though.

The Ti one? hmm mine is among the most stable Undertakers i have

But i saw McBeth throw his Ti on a long turning line. . the one he parked a few weeks ago, super nice throw
But i dont have close to a MBeth arm/form :)

The Ti one? hmm mine is among the most stable Undertakers i have

But i saw McBeth throw his Ti on a long turning line. . the one he parked a few weeks ago, super nice throw
But i dont have close to a MBeth arm/form :)

Yup. It didn't take much at all to become that way. Out of the box, it was much less stable than my max weight one.

Time to stock up on some Undertakes. .

Should i go for the older Z or the new stamp with Flight numbers? . . any difference in flight?

Same with the Ti any difference between the ones with the McBeth name on the top of the disc (not the clawmark ones) and the stock new stamp ones?

Time to stock up on some Undertakes. .

Should i go for the older Z or the new stamp with Flight numbers? . . any difference in flight?

Same with the Ti any difference between the ones with the McBeth name on the top of the disc (not the clawmark ones) and the stock new stamp ones?

I haven't experienced any difference between the stock new and old stamps. They have all been a tick more stable than off-the-shelf ESP with roughly the same fade.

I don't throw Ti Undertakers so can't comment on that (I think they are glideless turds!)

All the Z i have is 164-169g Tie dye ones. . and they are not very stable. . might try a max weight Z then :)

I´m in the hunt for a OS Undertaker and a "not that stable" Predator so that "gap" between them get as smal as possible. . so i can cover the Vulture/Anax flight with Undertakers and Predators

All the Z i have is 164-169g Tie dye ones. . and they are not very stable. . might try a max weight Z then :)

I´m in the hunt for a OS Undertaker and a "not that stable" Predator so that "gap" between them get as smal as possible. . so i can cover the Vulture/Anax flight with Undertakers and Predators

You need a first run Z Undy. Not sure if any of the current runs will fit the bill.

You need a first run Z Undy. Not sure if any of the current runs will fit the bill.

Yes, sounds like the FR or Glow is the ones to hunt for. . but those are hard to find

Hope a max weight Z can get close. .

Undertaker

Threw a Titanium Undertaker recently. It was the first time I'd thrown this mold. Here are my initial thoughts....

Plastic is fairly shiny and stiff. Dome is average. Not sure what weight it is.

Immediately the Undertaker reminded me of a Heat, but with less glide. Very neutral, straight flight. Not a lot of side to side movement. Almost zero late fade. If you get too assertive with an Undertaker it'll flip over and stay flipped.

I like the Undertaker, but I don't feel like its really anything new. Discraft and other companies make a lot of very similar fliers. I found it to be a good driver for touch drives, shots that need to be powered down and thrown with finesse. The Undertaker flies well when thrown softly and won't really fade out at all.

Top distance was about 370'. I could have probably pushed it a bit further, but I wasn't really warmed up. The Undertaker will fly pretty far if thrown hard. However, throwing it hard presents the risk of flipping. I found that anything over 350' would start turning. The lack of late fade meant that the Undertaker would keep drifting right once it started turning.

Overall, the Undertaker seems to be a really vanilla fairway driver, very much like a Valkyrie, Heat, or FD. Its a perfectly adequate flier that powers down well for straight precision drives. The Undertaker definitely gets touchy when you go over 350' with it. At that point you'd probably want to grab a more overstable disc. Good driver for beginners too. Very easy to throw. Bad choice for headwinds, but works well in calm or downwind conditions.

Undertaker: 9, 5, -2, 1

Very limited late fade. If you flip this thing, it'll stay flipped.

^^^^ reading this makes me think I have some sort of freak. My Undertaker (it's still brand new practically) flies much closer to a predator, and I cant get it straight at all.

For reference, I can throw my newer ESP Forces flat and about 330-360ft, and throw my flippy ones with turn and fade to about 400.

How are the new 5x ones? I have a pfn Z that's flatish, it's straight for me but I have turned it when not wanting to, was thinking of picking up one of the new TIs in hopes of finding a more stable complement to the Z but not Anax/Vulture stable territory.

^^^^ reading this makes me think I have some sort of freak. My Undertaker (it's still brand new practically) flies much closer to a predator, and I cant get it straight at all.

For reference, I can throw my newer ESP Forces flat and about 330-360ft, and throw my flippy ones with turn and fade to about 400.

Is it a first run? Or maybe a glow z? Those are way more overstable than stock runs.

Is it a first run? Or maybe a glow z? Those are way more overstable than stock runs.

What Vic said.

I bag a FR (couple seasons old and still doesn't turn) for hyzers, baby flexes, etc; A regular Z for straight fairway drives; and a worn in ESP for hyzer flips that fight out at low speed.

I also have a FR Z that is very flat and very overstable. Not in the bag now, but glad it's on the shelf. That said, even my FRs with a little dome are more OS than the production Zs.

Well this is exciting...just took my Cryztal Sparkle Undertaker out to the field to test against a stock Z line acquired earlier this month.

On a mild hyzer into a 10 mph headwind it flew with *significantly* more stability than the Z with no noticable turn all. At home the PLH confirmed what the flight demonstrated.

I think this is gonna be a popular run =)

92020539_4525926156107_7567186098661621760_n.jpg

Interesting. I also just picked up a Cryztal Taker. I have a brand new Z I've yet to throw too. I like the feel of the Cryzstal. Good to hear they came out pretty beefy.

that is quite a distinct difference in PLH. More so than the difference between my 1R to regular Z. Gannon undertakers seem to be right about in line with 1R, and a step higher than normal Z

I was super excited about picking one of those up, it's very disappointing that the release will be delayed.