• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

How's the top on the Cryztal sparkle? Is it super flat or puddled, or does it retain a mild dome? (Personally I'm hoping for some mild dome...)

very minimal dome, pretty much flat with a mild shoulder that keeps it from being board flat.

I now have a few rounds in with the cryZtal sparkle Undertaker. It's got some BEEF (atleast compared to my Ti Undertaker), pretty much as stable as my 2018 Sexybird.

Any suggestions to find a Undertaker inbetween the two? The Ti one i have is even less stable than a Star Leo3.

I now have a few rounds in with the cryZtal sparkle Undertaker. It's got some BEEF (atleast compared to my Ti Undertaker), pretty much as stable as my 2018 Sexybird.

Any suggestions to find a Undertaker inbetween the two? The Ti one i have is even less stable than a Star Leo3.

The Cryztal sparkle sounds a lot like a first run. Stock Z and ESP should be right between those, with the stock Z being a tick more high speed stable. I think ESP flies truest to the -1/2 ratings though.

My esp undertakers fly almost identical to the ace race titanium Mantis, which was more os than the production mantids...

Same here. My Cryzstal is super beefy too. Like Victor said, try a stock Z or ESP. My Z is truer to the flight numbers. My only ESP is a Ledgestone bar stamp and it's significantly more overstable than the stock Z. Not sure if the stock ESP is a little less stable or not personally. The Z flies how I expected though.

Undertakers and Lunas are now my most thrown discs. . i basicly use Undertakers for most/all of my fairway throws.
My beat in 164g Z is the US one. . .new Z is straight. . Missy Z is more OS than Z. . and CryZtal Sparkle is super beef.

Tis an awesome fairway mold. Pretty much have had at least two in the bag since they came out. Straight to straight, and straight to fade.

I've really fallen in love with my Z Undertaker and it fits perfectly between my Raptor and my Heat. Feels like a slightly broken in Champion Thunderbird to me. I would however like a slighty more understable version to fill the gap between my Z Undertaker and my Z Heat that goes way right. How are the stabilities in the different plastics? What would be more understable than Z?

I've really fallen in love with my Z Undertaker and it fits perfectly between my Raptor and my Heat. Feels like a slightly broken in Champion Thunderbird to me. I would however like a slighty more understable version to fill the gap between my Z Undertaker and my Z Heat that goes way right. How are the stabilities in the different plastics? What would be more understable than Z?

Discraft makes The Mantis, probably the disc you are looking for if the Big Z or the ESP, even X is not what you like in the Undertaker. The Mantis is a domed Valkyrie with a very similar flight of that or a Sidewinder but the wing more to a Valkyrie.

Discraft makes The Mantis, probably the disc you are looking for if the Big Z or the ESP, even X is not what you like in the Undertaker. The Mantis is a domed Valkyrie with a very similar flight of that or a Sidewinder but the wing more to a Valkyrie.

Yeah I've been meaning to try that disc as well, I should get around to that since it absolutely seems to fit the bill as well.

The most US Undertaker i have is my Big Z but i like a Z in the 160-165g range more
The most Stable HEAT i got is a flat Z FLX

I would say that my Dye 164g Undertaker and ZFLX Heat has similar flight paths but the Heats glide make it go a 10-20m longer

I have only tested two Mantis. . one was quite stable the other one super domey and very US

The most US Undertaker i have is my Big Z but i like a Z in the 160-165g range more
The most Stable HEAT i got is a flat Z FLX

I would say that my Dye 164g Undertaker and ZFLX Heat has similar flight paths but the Heats glide make it go a 10-20m longer

I have only tested two Mantis. . one was quite stable the other one super domey and very US

Is one of those the Flat topped Ace Race version of the 2000's for the Mantis?

Just did a round with Missy's Tour Series. Close in flatness to Ledgestone's Glo Z, not quite as OS. Close enough to hold that spot down. And the set I got all look great.

Stock Z (or Ti) and ESP are still my workhorses, but love having the OS LE runs to complete the lineup.

How are the stabilities in the different plastics? What would be more understable than Z?

Generally speaking for the Undertaker (with turn rating)

2020 Tour series (0) > Z (-0.5) > ESP/Ti (-1) > X (-1.25)

I haven't thrown a BigZ to reference here.

Some specialty runs fall in different places on this chart but aren't easy to come by (1R, Cryztal, Sparkle, Glow Z, etc) so I don't really include them when speaking generally.

For a compliment to a max weight Z, I'd recommend a 167ish Z or a 170 ESP.