• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] The unLace

Anybody get theirs yet?

One of the groups I'm part of is having a Labor Day tournament with custom Vibram discs. I'm hoping the unLace will be available for that.

I like it, best flippy I've thrown in awhile, used to throw a GL bolt and that sucker was so erratic I had to put it away. Katanas had better distance but that's not what I wanted out of a flippy long distance driver.

I got a Lace at a Garage Sale and I really, really like it. Fast and easy to control. Unlace might be interesting.

I wouldn't say the unlace is easy to control (prolly me just putting too much power) but it is easier to throw if that makes sense. After I started throwing it with finesse or just being slow an easy with it I really got to see some awesome flights out of it.

I wouldn't say the unlace is easy to control (prolly me just putting too much power) but it is easier to throw if that makes sense. After I started throwing it with finesse or just being slow an easy with it I really got to see some awesome flights out of it.

Ya, understable drivers are never that easy to control. At least for me.

My favorite is the Vision from Lat 64, but my current one is too worn in now and turns too hard, and I wouldn't expect it to go as far as the Unlace, D4, etc. Some seem a lot better for hyzer flips that others, but I've never gotten consistent accuracy with any disc using a hyzer flip method. Have had my longest drives that way, but not sure where they will land :) Something for me to work on.

For the rolling the rubber comments, I've had better rolls with the F Lace than the M Lace.

The proto Un-Lace was a fun disc to throw. I powered it down and played with the angles and got some great flights.

For the rolling the rubber comments, I've had better rolls with the F Lace than the M Lace.

The proto Un-Lace was a fun disc to throw. I powered it down and played with the angles and got some great flights.

I hear ya on the rolling, mediums will roll if you finesse it to the ground but on harder cut rollers it just flexes into itself. I like how the firms react, kind of absorb that initial hard it a subtle bounce and then comes the nice ride out.

I've had the pleasure of throwing the unLace for the last two rounds now, and I love it.

For reference, I was using an Opto Fury for my max D drives, getting them out to 315 at the longest. Usually less on golf lines.

At my noodle-armed strength, the unLace is phenomenal. Easy, easy distance with very little effort. A bit of hyzer, clean release at 65-70%, and BOOM. It is adding 20-30 feet on my drives, and shaving strokes off my score on the 3 par 4s at my home course, which I have birdied 5 out of 6 times I've played them.

The thing I like most is how easy it is to throw. It requires very little power to flip up to flat and just cruise. I am afraid to overpower it, but it'll happen one of these days and I will report back to see how big of a roller it became.

But for the noodle arm set, this has to be the go-to max D driver. More controllable than the Mamba, and the rim shape is comfortable in the hand. Very impressed so far.

The unlace is amazing

I'm LHBH and usually drive with a latitude bolt, innova boss and the my fav till now vibram lace. So I usually throw being new around 250-300. The unlace I threw consistently 330. I throw pretty low so I get more of the cross bow effect them the arrow. The unlace is giving me a long glide with a nice s-curve. So far I love this disc

I've had the pleasure of throwing the unLace for the last two rounds now, and I love it.

For reference, I was using an Opto Fury for my max D drives, getting them out to 315 at the longest. Usually less on golf lines.

At my noodle-armed strength, the unLace is phenomenal. Easy, easy distance with very little effort. A bit of hyzer, clean release at 65-70%, and BOOM. It is adding 20-30 feet on my drives, and shaving strokes off my score on the 3 par 4s at my home course, which I have birdied 5 out of 6 times I've played them.

The thing I like most is how easy it is to throw. It requires very little power to flip up to flat and just cruise. I am afraid to overpower it, but it'll happen one of these days and I will report back to see how big of a roller it became.

But for the noodle arm set, this has to be the go-to max D driver. More controllable than the Mamba, and the rim shape is comfortable in the hand. Very impressed so far.

Thanks for your review. I throw about the same distance, and I've been wondering how the UnLace would fair at our kind of power. I'd thrown a tester a few times, but didn't have an opportunity to fully uncork it.

I'm surprised it's added that much distance beyond your Fury. I'm seriously curious to try one out myself now.

Thanks for your review. I throw about the same distance, and I've been wondering how the UnLace would fair at our kind of power. I'd thrown a tester a few times, but didn't have an opportunity to fully uncork it.

I'm surprised it's added that much distance beyond your Fury. I'm seriously curious to try one out myself now.

I was surprised, too. And this is only two rounds, where I haven't fully dialed it in. I am really encouraged about it.

Mine was a 171 for reference. I think it is just the design of the disc that makes it flippy, because my Fury is 167 and less flippy.

I know there is the school of thought that is you don't get x disc out to y distance that you shouldn't throw anything above z speed, but this disc can really give lower powered players an advantage. Why not take it?

i was holding one today (didnt get to throw it) and i noticed it had a wide rim, but was almost flat on bottom

I threw a 171M RHFH and it was an instant roller on my first throw. Reminded me of a beat star Vulcan or kind of Mambaish. Now, I can throw beat star Vulcans FH but this was uber flippy for me. Spent some time with it and started to get some decent throws but it is definitely not a disc for me. Of course, I felt the Lace was a bit too flippy to begin with. Just for the record, I throw Stalkers and Sidewinders as well as Vulcans just fine so I don't want no wisenheimer telling me to work on my form. I'm going to go ahead and wait for the OLace thank you very much.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad disc and I'm sure there are a lot of people who will love throwing it but I am not one of them.

P.S. Steve Dodge please don't send me a pm asking me to change my somewhat critical review. Thanks.

I threw a 171M RHFH and it was an instant roller on my first throw. Reminded me of a beat star Vulcan or kind of Mambaish. Now, I can throw beat star Vulcans FH but this was uber flippy for me. Spent some time with it and started to get some decent throws but it is definitely not a disc for me. Of course, I felt the Lace was a bit too flippy to begin with. Just for the record, I throw Stalkers and Sidewinders as well as Vulcans just fine so I don't want no wisenheimer telling me to work on my form. I'm going to go ahead and wait for the OLace thank you very much.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad disc and I'm sure there are a lot of people who will love throwing it but I am not one of them.

It seems in vogue to bill high speed drivers as beginner friendly these days, even though it's rarely the truth. However, it seems like the unLace is really that, and that it's geared towards players who usually can't throw high speed drivers. I couldn't believe how much turn the testers had for me, even on a low power throw. I think all this makes the unLace a unique release; I'll be curious to see if it catches on with lower power throwers.

My wife really digs her Lace and her normally fastest disc is an Orc, and it finishes pretty hyzer-ish for her. But she is getting the same distance (I'd say around 250, give or take) with her Lace on cleaner line. Sounds like the unLace could be a real winner for her.

But man oh man how sick will the unLace roll? I bet someone could roll this bad boy 800 feet if they hit it right. It's like a tire!