• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

Valkyrie is a good disc. I used to throw it for my main driver, but now I throw the Striker instead.

Picked up a couple of GL strikers that I've been trying out in place of my tye dye champ valkyrie. I assume it's a newer run although it doesn't have the "~x" number on it so it's hard to tell for me. I still throw it now and then on long fairway shots into the wind though. Overall, it's a comfortable disc to throw but I feel like some more recent disc releases have surpassed it. I have a somewhat beat star archon that I can work easier than my champ valk even though the archon is slightly heavier (175g v. 172g) so I prefer to drive with that.

I have a lighter (~163g) DX valkyrie that was one of my first discs. On a hard flat throw it will dive into the ground. Slight hyzer and it will turn and burn way out right. Almost lost it once when it kept turning out into the weeds. I keep it around for newbie friends to use since it will generally go pretty straight for them.

Some people mentioned the flow, but for me it doesn't compare in flight. The flow gets more glide and is somewhat faster, and my GL version can at times turn more on me in comparison. The opto flow will fade and fly more like my favorite pre-Kenny star wraith. I placed 2 drives with those discs within a few feet of each other last week.

I went out to the field today to throw my 5x jk that I got and man is this thing sweet. Not as flippy ask my star valk but I'll be shaping some nice S turns on the course.

Yeah I went to gottagogottathrow today and wow.. I found a beautiful tye dye champ that I want.. I need to pick up a star Valk too. Many other discs are ahead of buying those though IMO.. I'm trying to 'rebuild' my big bag.. I wanna take it on the course but I have no Mids in the bag.. Finally got a fairway driver though.

Yeah I went to gottagogottathrow today and wow.. I found a beautiful tye dye champ that I want.. I need to pick up a star Valk too. Many other discs are ahead of buying those though IMO.. I'm trying to 'rebuild' my big bag.. I wanna take it on the course but I have no Mids in the bag.. Finally got a fairway driver though.
no mids? does not compute.. :confused:

So nobody answered my question. Is a Valk with a slanted inner rim a Valk Plus?

no mids? does not compute.. :confused:

I have plenty of mids but I'm building my big bag. I have a little bag with a Vector and Mako in it. This big one will have 3 Buzzz's (2 Elite-Z, 1 ESP Flx), 2 Vectors, and 1 Stingray.. I'll be picking up a DX Stingray, MVP Anode (M), and undecided about the third disc for tomorrow. I'm ordering 3 FR Vector's too :) So Don't worry. I haven't been able to use the bag because mids are not in the bag. I'm not going to go to the course without Mids.. At my home course I drive with mids on about 7-9 of the 12 holes. Mids are the key to my game.

I looooooove valks! One of the first discs I started throwing with and been in my bag ever since! I don't like throwing wicked high speed drivers they just aren't my thing, so the valk is a nice placement for me. I throw all 3 in my bag. I have a SE, Star, and a SUPER gummy JK 4x. The SE is my overall favorite but they all are consistent throwers for me.

I carry 2 in my bag at all times. I have a very beat old champion x out that I use for any long anhyzer driver and also carry a 5x valk as a back up but have not had a chance to mess around with it. but i also feel that the valk is one of the best discs ever made. it will do anything you want it to and each type of plastic will do something different. long s shots, straigh hyzer shots, anhyzer shots, rollers, hyzer flip anything you want

I have to say im tempted to beat in a pro valk because they are amazing rollers. and when they get really beat they make amazing short range rollers.

I'm not a big valk thrower, but I picked up a few recently, a star, a pro, and a glo champ. The star is okay; the pro is nice, it can do amazing things, but is touchy for me; the champ glo however, that's in the bag without a doubt. Great at straight tunnel shots with minimal fade, loooong turnovers that will fight back at the end. Great disc. I'm just a bit concerned on how it will break in. But if I don't like it when it breaks in, hopefully it will take a while to get there since it is champ and it will be worth it to get a new one.

The Valkyrie was the first distance driver I purchased, and I still have it in my bag. (even though my sig doesn't say so).

Picked up a 175g signature star valk about a year and half ago, and it quickly became my max D driver. I love that thing and can shape almost any line with it. Lately, I've been working on technique and I can get more speed than before, and on straight shots it used to fade back at the end, but now it's turning just a bit. Can still hit some awesome "s" shots and it's the only disc I've put over 400', done twice. Love it.

A dx valkerie was the first disc I owned. I love the glide on them. When I disc up the valkerie is the first disc going back in my bag.

My new one is a flat top gummy plus rim....and it is nice and stable

IMG_20120305_171546-1.jpg

the valkyrie is the best!! i just picked up a black 4x jk pro and i love it i can throw that sucker far!

Latest posts