• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ThighMaster move from DG Spin Doctor

If the East/West spine tilt controls the hyzer angle, what controls the elevation angle? North/South tilt? Because sometimes we need to throw level or below, sometimes much higher?
Assuming we're talking about elevation from a flat tee, for example, that's how I approach elevation. It's a little easier to throw uphill, IMO, since I can get on my back leg. Down hill is harder, IMO, since leaning over the front foot down hill makes for tricky balance

Isnt Simon basically leaning backwards here demonstrating an anhyzer?

I do think there's some fluency in the posture control in addition to the overall tilt and Neil is showing some examples.

Recommend: once you account for differences in the camera angle and his footwork along the ground, watch how Simon is still swinging/pulling his throwing shoulder stacked relative to the leading knee and ankle.

When I throw more extreme hyzer flips, the more I hyzer the easier it is to throw higher than I want, so in addition to the above I also raise my reach back a bit more.
I do understand what you are saying, but I think a lot of this type of analysis of what physical positions you see people get into is the wrong path in the end.

Thinking about what your body is doing leads to this type of issue. I bet you any amount of money that pros don't think like this at all, and are solely thinking about the disc itself. Concentrating on the disc and not your body goes a long way to letting a ton of different backswings work for a ton of different shapes.

I do understand what you are saying, but I think a lot of this type of analysis of what physical positions you see people get into is the wrong path in the end.

Thinking about what your body is doing leads to this type of issue. I bet you any amount of money that pros don't think like this at all, and are solely thinking about the disc itself. Concentrating on the disc and not your body goes a long way to letting a ton of different backswings work for a ton of different shapes.
Some pros definitely have thought very analytically about these things in order to compose targeted training to commit it to muscle memory to the point where they no longer have to think about it. How do you think pros deliberately adjust their form during the off season, does it just magically change without thought? I've asked Gannon Buhr a handful of technical, analytical, mechanical questions, and most times he's already clearly thought about at an analytical level based on how detailed and immediate his answers are, and he clearly gets excited to talk about the details.

What in the hell does "solely thinking about the disc itself" even mean? Thinking about reachback height IS thinking about the disc because when I think to lower or raise my reachback I can see and feel how this raises or lowers the disc and visualize the pullthrough line from the reachback height and the resulting trajectory and flight. Thinking about the reachback only makes sense because the disc is in context.

Latest posts