• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things I like about the new site

As others have mentioned, I like the easier media imbedding think the forums "feel" a bit better than before.
I appreciate all the work done (and still being done).
I get that change isn't easy, and understand that it will take time to figure things out.

That said, I think they should have worked out more of the bugs before making the transition.
Quite a bit of the site's most important functionality (searching for courses, reviews, ratings, etc) was non-functional or difficult to use for the first few days.

Just tried out posting a review for the first time. I like that:
- The text boxes for Pros, Cons, and Other Thoughts expand as I get more and more long winded.
- The review immediately shows up on the Home Page without that silly 15-30 minute delay.

I like how responsive Greens/Dev and team have been through this whole process so far. They are listening to user input and making adjustments pretty quickly. As hostile as many have been right away these guys have been unflappable.

One thing I absolutely hate, though, is the "star" vs "disc" rating.

Bring back the old disc icon for review ratings! Stars, really??? I mean, I guarantee you everyone who's been around will still refer to it as a "5-disc course"....

Also, I'm not a fan of the new logo/favicon. Liked the old orange disc for favicon as well.

2 of my cents.

One thing I absolutely hate, though, is the "star" vs "disc" rating.

Bring back the old disc icon for review ratings! Stars, really??? I mean, I guarantee you everyone who's been around will still refer to it as a "5-disc course"....

Also, I'm not a fan of the new logo/favicon. Liked the old orange disc for favicon as well.

2 of my cents.
I always called it a star rating before the change.

Photo uploads are better now.

Can anyone tell me how to search for a specific course? Still not user friendly at all.

I'm trying to look up Colorado Mountain College. When I type that into the search feature it just gives me forum post results about it and no link to the course page. I know a lot of people think I'm dumb but I do have a bachelors degree.

Sticking with the likes here, all about Forums:

-Enjoying a little more flexibility to edit later than 5 minutes/multiquote info in general and especially in the technique and form critique areas.
-Like the ease of dropping in links or figures & rescaling figures.
-So far the media functionality seems to work well enough.
-Frankly kind of impressed not more stuff broke with the transition.
-Dark mode is growing on me quickly.
-After getting the hang of it, I think the forum is easier to interface with. Still neutral/open minded on whether my brain will adapt to the displays and how information is presented/spaced/delineated.
-As someone who values this place, hoping a refresh of *any* kind makes it more accessible/desirable/sustainable.
-Haven't spent much time with the search function but will weigh on that after I do.

Last edited:
Photo uploads are better now.

Can anyone tell me how to search for a specific course? Still not user friendly at all.

I'm trying to look up Colorado Mountain College. When I type that into the search feature it just gives me forum post results about it and no link to the course page. I know a lot of people think I'm dumb but I do have a bachelors degree.

I had trouble initially too (and I have a Master's degree).

From the Home Page, click the "search" magnifying glass. Enter the name of the course and THEN (and this isn't so intuitive...) click on the box that says "Everywhere" and select "Courses".

That should do it. After a couple of times, it's become part of the process for me - but it wasn't obvious the first few times I tried.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

I had trouble initially too (and I have a Master's degree).

From the Home Page, click the "search" magnifying glass. Enter the name of the course and THEN (and this isn't so intuitive...) click on the box that says "Everywhere" and select "Courses".

That should do it. After a couple of times, it's become part of the process for me - but it wasn't obvious the first few times I tried.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Aha…that works. Also figured out that you can select "filters" on the main page which is actually like what normal people would think is the "search" feature.

Not to be hateful but I'm using UDisc to plan my vacation because it doesn't make me have seizures.

I had a friend who thought the "discs" were eggs. 😳 I was confused about his reference to a three-egg course. 🥚 🥚🥚

NGL, I knew they were discs, but they always reminded me of eggs too.

Not that I don't want discs back, but custom icons aren't exactly easy to do. I'm a longtime traditional artist, and have switched to primarily doing digital art for maybe the last 5 years. Vector art has been the hardest thing for me to transition into learning personally. I'm also a developer, so you'd think I'd be better at these things, but yeah, not always easy.

Some of these have probably been mentioned, but here I go:
PROS
Each course's rating is displayed with the 5 stars, and the correct portion is in yellow, to match the rating.
The actual numeric rating is also displayed. This eliminates the problem of "3.5, is that 3.26 or 3.74"? But with the correct yellow coloring mentioned above, this is just a little redundant.
On the Member Page, there is now a tab for "Created", which shows all the courses that Member added to the site. I've been wondering how many I have added. But, since the action is "Add Course", shouldn't this tab be "Added"?
CONS
When you click on Top Rated courses for the Home Page, they are displayed, but not listed in their Rating order. They really need to be ranked.
The latest Reviews that are listed on the right of the main screen, since that screen usually goes down to list 72 courses, can the latest reviews show more. Because after the latest 8 reviews, the rest of that area is blank.
I see that the names of the review writer is displayed in Recent Reviews, with their TR level, if applicable, can that also include if they are a Premium Member?
When you click on a review to read it, the course page opens and the review is displayed, but to the right is the list of latest Forum posts. After the last 8 are displayed, again, that whole area is blank. But, instead of listing more Forum posts, I'd like to see that go away so the Reviews can be wider. Its kind of a pain to keep scrolling down to read reviews that only have about 7 or 8 words per line.
I did not see a link for the Top Baggers list in the Member section (and just now that I am racking up several of them!), is that available somewhere else?
On the Course Details, I found where to edit them, but do not see a link for the Change History. It was nice to be able to see who added a course, or made changes.
OTHER
I'm really trying to set the Home Page up to resemble the previous version, latest reviews and latest Forum posts always visible. When I click on Review and New Posts, that takes up the whole screen, normally with a lot of blank space in the Title and Poster section. If that could be narrowed, and fit the Latest Reviews down the right side of the screen, that would be great. (When you open a Forum thread to read it, that is a good size. Plus, it is logical to have the Latest Posts to the right.)
Overall, nice job Greens and Team, after working with this a little this week, I've been able to figure out most things. It does seem to be easier to get to my Personal Page, but still have no idea what Reaction Score and Points are, but I'm sure that will be explained. I think my Course Count is off by 1, so I'll have to reconcile and let you know what I find.

I'm recently impressed that what I was typing out before hitting the back button is still there... 👌 ready to post, not gone forever. Neato

Latest posts