• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Those Wacky Disc Golf Patents!!!!

A golf disc retriever, comprising:
an elongated shaft extendable from a first collapsed length to a second expanded length;
a pneumatic bulb attached to said elongated shaft at a proximal end; and
a suction cup having at least one port;
said suction cup attached to said elongated shaft at a distal end;
wherein said pneumatic bulb is in pneumatic communication with said suction cup.
uaG6r3l.png

Multi-media frisbee-golf
US 6193620 B1

Abstract
A multi-media flying-saucer-golf game comprises a golf-flying-saucer and flying-saucer pole. The golf-flying-saucer spins on the launching pad of the flying-saucer pole at high speed. Swinging the flying-saucer pole, the spinning golf-flying-saucer takes off from the launching pad of the flying-saucer pole. The golf-flying-saucer has the bell shape body with the flare wrapping around the ring band externally. The ring band has the foam segments wrapped around the tube externally. The player can catch the soft flying-saucer hat with his head. The size of the ring band can be adjusted with the interlocking means to fit the different size of the player's head. The vibration-energized LED installed in the transparent plastic tube of the ring band. The shining harmonica-whistles are installed on the golf-flying-saucer. As the golf-flying-saucer glides in the sky, the harmonica-whistle and the spinning color rainbow will attract many people's attention.
CRmuSTV.png

https://www.google.com/patents/US6705654
Frisbee golf disc retriever and more
US 6705654 B2
Abstract
The invention known as the "Frisbee golf disc retriever and more " is a fold-up type of extension rod being comprised of several tubular sections having slip-joint type connections which are pulled together by an elastic type of cord being laced through the center of all the tubular sections and being anchored in a partially tensioned state at each end piece section of tubing by means of a knot or any feasible type of cord end device, a handle, a double ended coupler device which also houses a tie strap device, and a nail-head type hook device for retrieving Frisbee golf discs and the like

https://www.google.com/patents/US20030122390
Frisbee golf disc retriever and more
US 20030122390 A1
Abstract
The invention known as the "Frisbee golf disc retriever and more" is made up of tubular sections of a durable material being machined or formed on each end to create slip-joint type connections which are pulled together by an elastic type of cord device being laced through the center of all the tubular sections and being anchored in a partially tensioned state at each end piece section of said tubing by means of a knot or any feasible type of cord end device or apparatus that could rest inside a shallow bore machined at the distal end of each said end piece section.

Multi-media frisbee-golf
US 6193620 B1

... The player can catch the soft flying-saucer hat with his head. The size of the ring band can be adjusted with the interlocking means to fit the different size of the player's head...
CRmuSTV.png

Sign me up for this! I'd like two, please.

What was this called? I want to look up the entire patent.

"Golfrisbee basket/sporting for re-bouncing lightweight golfring/disk"

patent is US 7794341 B2, and the description is some entertaining reading.

"Golfrisbee basket/sporting for re-bouncing lightweight golfring/disk"

patent is US 7794341 B2, and the description is some entertaining reading.
Wow. 48 images and every single one of them makes me feel like I stumbled upon alien technology.

Method for competitive team activities using non-motorized vehicles
4D1JYtM.png
Attached to each vehicle 1 is a target assembly 9. Typically, target assembly 9 comprises a target 11 attached to the distal end of a mast 13. Target 11 can be any suitable aiming goal, such as a bullseye, a basket (as shown), a net, a disc golf goal (such as disclosed in U.S. Pat. No. 5,921,551, incorporated herein by reference) or the like.

A golf disc retriever, comprising:
an elongated shaft extendable from a first collapsed length to a second expanded length;
a pneumatic bulb attached to said elongated shaft at a proximal end; and
a suction cup having at least one port;
said suction cup attached to said elongated shaft at a distal end;
wherein said pneumatic bulb is in pneumatic communication with said suction cup.
uaG6r3l.png

I have one of these, and use it anytime I do putter practice or field work.

Works great. Saves a lot of strain on my back when I do 3-4 hours of field work.

Fizzeedisc - A no battery disc in water locator

Fizzeedisc

Patent #8444513

summary:

A 6 gram 'low profile' disc that attaches by sticky adherence to the bottom of the flight plate of a disc golf disc. When the disc golf disc hits the water the Fizzeedisc bubbles. Bubbles break surface. Thrower sees bubbles, locates, and retrieves disc.

"When your disc goes into the water and sinks right side up, the Fizzeedisc will produce a large bubble on the waters surface over a thirteen minute time frame in approximately 1.5 minute increments. When your disc goes into the water upside down, the Fizzeedisc will produce many smaller bubbles for over 2 minutes."

http://www.golf-disc-locator.com/

?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Fizzeedisc

Patent #8444513

summary:

A 6 gram 'low profile' disc that attaches by sticky adherence to the bottom of the flight plate of a disc golf disc. When the disc golf disc hits the water the Fizzeedisc bubbles. Bubbles break surface. Thrower sees bubbles, locates, and retrieves disc.

"When your disc goes into the water and sinks right side up, the Fizzeedisc will produce a large bubble on the waters surface over a thirteen minute time frame in approximately 1.5 minute increments. When your disc goes into the water upside down, the Fizzeedisc will produce many smaller bubbles for over 2 minutes."

http://www.golf-disc-locator.com/

Frisbee disc golf practice tower
US 8827845 B1
ABSTRACT
The Frisbee disc golf practice tower includes a plurality of vertically stacked baskets that collect Frisbee discs that are thrown into a front opening of each basket, and which are used as a means of practicing Frisbee golf putting or in connection with a game. The baskets are formed from a plurality of tubular components that connect, and from which netting spans along each basket at a rear surface, side surfaces, and a bottom surface. A top basket includes a backboard that enables a bank shot to be made therein. The tubular construction of the practice tower can collapse between uses, and arise from base members that secure the practice tower upon different ground surfaces.

US08827845-20140909-D00000.png

US08827845-20140909-D00001.png