• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw/Form on Innova Calender... April, 2011

We need either Adam Wright of Joseph Haney to chime in on this one. Thanks for all of the replies so far. Unfortunately, this is still taunting me at work. Hopefully the May picture will be less stressful for me. :p

I already did comment. I remember that day like it was a year ago this week. It was actually a year and two days ago...my son Joseph (step-son, thus the different last name) came along for my younger sons' t-ball game. When I saw the flowers on both sides of the tee in full bloom, I told him to wait to tee off till I got back...I had to go get the younger ones to their game and get my camera.

He is a lefty. It is a touch shot. He lost his Jaguar on this round...he was very upset about losing the disc on the way home.

lol it is strange looking. But what a beautiful tee pad area :D. It's like Augusta National.

I thought exactly that when I took the picture.

I'm gonna say RHBH, then he lost his footing/balance right after the throw, and tried to catch himself with his left foot. The next frame would show him tumbling over the wood fence in front of him.

If he were to go tumbling over the fence, he would have about a 10 to 12 foot drop into a creek.

This is our home course...only five minutes from the house. He is throwing an XD in the picture. A great little course. The signs were done by the park's assistant director. This is the same course the chainsaw man chased those kids off of the course a year ago.

Last edited:
This is the same course the chainsaw man chased those kids off of the course a year ago.

ummm story time please!

About this time last year two Clemson University Students (campus is 20 minutes away) were playing a round of Disc Golf when a man in the woods all of a sudden cranked up a chainsaw and chased after the kids. They got away and the man was eventually arrested and is now serving a 3-year sentence.

This made national news as the story was picked up by AP and ran in newspapers and on different TV news stations. I believe there is a thread somewhere on this site about the incident.

Because it happened, we moved our fall tournament from one course to the Walhalla Course and changed the name of the tournament from the Golden Corner Classic to the Golden Corner CHAINSAW Classic.

Anyway...that's the short story. I'm sure you can search or others on this site can tell you more about the chainsaw vs Disc Golf.

I already did comment. I remember that day like it was a year ago this week. It was actually a year and two days ago...

I just thought that you were making up a fun story for our amusement and had no idea that you were serious.

So now I will be able to sleep at night and concentrate on my job when I'm at work. Thanks much for clarifying.

And nice pic, btw. Beautiful azaleas (as best I can tell) in all their glory!

I just thought that you were making up a fun story for our amusement and had no idea that you were serious.

So now I will be able to sleep at night and concentrate on my job when I'm at work. Thanks much for clarifying.

And nice pic, btw. Beautiful azaleas (as best I can tell) in all their glory!

I thought about saying it was a scoober or a thumber. I'm at that park in the springtime three or four days a week for t-ball and once a week to play a round of golf. Those flowers are only in bloom like that for about a week or so. They're in bloom right now.

When I told my son this evening that his DG form was being discussed on this forum, he was a bit embarrassed. I told him he should be proud, the only players that ever get their form talked about on here are the top touring pros...

I thought about saying it was a scoober or a thumber. I'm at that park in the springtime three or four days a week for t-ball and once a week to play a round of golf. Those flowers are only in bloom like that for about a week or so. They're in bloom right now.

When I told my son this evening that his DG form was being discussed on this forum, he was a bit embarrassed. I told him he should be proud, the only players that ever get their form talked about on here are the top touring pros...

Enjoy the scenery... while it lasts. And definitely make sure that your son isn't embarrassed. I was just thrown off by the lefty thing. They always mess with my mind! :p Can't wait 'til my daughter is big enough to get more serious about dg... but will them probably be too embarrassed to play with her old man. :p

Enjoy the scenery... while it lasts. And definitely make sure that your son isn't embarrassed. I was just thrown off by the lefty thing. They always mess with my mind! :p Can't wait 'til my daughter is big enough to get more serious about dg... but will them probably be too embarrassed to play with her old man. :p

You should see my youngest boy throw. He is 5 and just decided within the last two weeks to throw forearm. He holds the disc with four fingers underneath and the thumb on top. He keeps his finger all together. He stands still while throwing but keeps his left foot forward when he should be keeping his right foot forward.

His very accurate but doesn't get the same distance as he does with his back hand.

I just pray that the hole is not played to that basket 30 feet in fromt of him. That would be the most beautiful tee for the most useles hole ever !

Yes...hole one is about 120' or so. The course has several short holes...under 200'. One this hole, the handicapped parking area of the park is about 50' behind the tee with a walking trail between the parking area and the tee. No room to go much longer. The basket could be moved further away.

The course is probably the most popular in our area...we've got 4 18-holes courses and a 9-hole course in the county.

great course..lots of fun, beautiful and well kept..this one and #12 both seem like they play under 100ft tho...i guess on the bright side its always nice to start with a birdie :)

Imagine that...I just sold a print of this picture. Someone (local) emailed and asked if I would sell that a poster sized print of the picture. I did just that.

Imagine that...I just sold a print of this picture. Someone (local) emailed and asked if I would sell that a poster sized print of the picture. I did just that.

So did the star of the pic get anything for posing for you? :) It is really a nice pic, btw.

My submission didn't make the calender. :( I would have thought that the dedication to the sport shown by my lone footsteps through 18-24" of snow would have gotten me to the big show. :p And there's not just one, but two Innova baskets in the pic. Come on!

picture.php

^^^
I like that pic. I've been entering pictures for several years. I've had them ask for more info on pictures and I've had them ask if I had a picture with higher resolution before. This was the first year I had them select a picture and they used two of mine.

I've had pictures I've submitted end up in their dealer catalog in the past.

thats awesome! I was there last Saturday and was kicking myself for not having a camera..looked identical to the calendar pic out there with everything in bloom

dunno why but i have never tried to just putt it from the tee there..im sure i will be out there in the next few days..ill give it a shot :thmbup:

I've played at Wahalla a couple of times when I have been on vaction.
Fun course I must say although I would not want to retrieve a disc from the creek there. A bit polluted.

Latest posts