• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Time playing, and distance you can throw

I've been playing about 5 years now and throw RHBH about 400' regularly. My longest drive is 460' with a Boss during a tournament last month; I out drove a 447' hole by about 15'.

A couple of days ago, I went out to Falcone Park here in SA. It's what I call a beginner course with 9 holes, about a dozen trees with a few ups and downs in elevation.

The #9 hole is a straight away, slight uphill with the sign saying it's 375'.

I made the loop 4 times. 3 of the 4 times, my drive was 20-25' away, dead even with the pin and the 4th time, I was about 20' past the pin. There was about a 5 mph quartering wind into my face so I was pleased with my attempts.

Oh, I used a 172g Discraft Force forehand all 4 times.

Woodpecker

yesterday a friend and I went out to an open field with his GPS and measured some drives. We would mark the spot where we started and then throw, and watch the feet go up as we were walking to the discs.

I was actually surprised as I have played many holes marked 280 that I could easily drive however my drive in the field consistently came up to 260. I am fine with that though as I have been only 6 months and the consistency is very new to me!!

I have been playing for 6 months and can throw about 280+ ft in an open field. We saw an empty baseball field next to a course and decided to measure the distance to the 325' fence.

I don't play tourneys and my home courses are relatively short (Morley and Montiel in San Diego). I max out at about 350-375' with my Destroyer. My buddy gets into the 400-425' range, but we have a lot of obstacles that he still has to get through. It took me a few years to get consistent. I have stopped focusing on trying to get anymore distance and I am working on Accuracy and different shots.

Just under three years i max out at 550' but i consistently throw, when ripping one, 480-520