Top 10 discs of all time

Meaning more stable than an ESP or Z Buzzz? Been tempted to try one but haven't yet.
The ESP and Z ones I have seen have a pronounced shoulder and fly a little more stable. They feel like an entirely different mold than the Ti ones as those are just as flat as a Roc3. Ti Buzzzzes also have a slight turn and fade to them, however mine is about 7 years old and is a 3x Nate Doss Edition molded on top of it and therefore it might be a little different than more recent runs.

I've been adhering to the Roc cycle lately, DX just feels better in the hand than KC so I go with those. I'm currently cycling one. It's going great though, helps my mold minimalism out at the same time. Z Wasps DO work great as plates or snack trays. That's why I always keep one on me at all times.
I tried mold minimalism, but it wasnt for me. Neither was brand loyalty - that's for suckers if you're not sponsored. I buy the rims I like, and it turns out lots of people make interchangeable molds. The difference between other mold/brands is less than the differences between runs. Verdict = Solstice = Mortar. All are more stable but identical hand-feel to Truth = Buzzz SS ~ Mako3 and are similar hand-feel to less stable Tursas = Meteor.

Firebird/clone rims and all of the things based on 'em feel great.

No need to season a baseline Firebird or a Verdict when I can buy the exact same hand-feel in an OLF or a Buzzz SS.

I also can't see your sig. Bet it's cute though.
Oh, its fucking adorable. No surprises in it though. Did someone want to know I throw a Destroyer? Well I do, but I like the scorpion picture better. Also why Tursas gets bagged instead of Meteors. Maybe I should have done top 10 stock stamps.

Doesn't infinite or marshal st have an actual top 10 list or are top 10 sold not actually top 10?

Obviously destroyers can't make the top 10 because there's at least 10 different destroyers.

Personal Top Ten in Order:

1. Envy
2. Servo
3. Leopard3
4. Underworld
5. Rythmn
6. Signal
7. Hex
8. Shryke
9. Roc3
10. DD3

On the outside looking in, just haven't had them long enough.
Atom, Northman, and Pixel for putting.

People have covered the iconic category, mine personally:

Aviar et al. (Yeti Pro for me)
Envy
Proxy
Comet
Buzzz
EMac Truth
Heat
Firebird
Archon
Pharaoh

Obviously destroyers can't make the top 10 because there's at least 10 different destroyers.
I used to be skeptical and attributed it all to just sucking (there's still some of that) but now I completely agree. Same with Shrykes and Pharaohs. Once I find a run I like I hold onto them desperately and fear the water hazards.

Not May discs but from a perspective of game changers in order.

1. Super Puppy/Puppy disc set rules for PDGA minimum Diameter

2. is Aviar or Aero your pic people for what was first beveled edge disc mold in numbers

3. Classic Roc/XD for being some of molds made pushing past a standard driver. Really similar discs so I lumped both together
4. Magnet for finding ways around a Beveled edged patent Dave D had on Putters and not paying for patent

5. Stingray as was one of the first approved midrange discs

6 Valkyrie or Leopard whichever Ushered in modern driver era first

7. Zone first disc promoted/used as strictly an OS approach disc.

8. first Vibram Disc A clone of the Wizard PDGA rules no longer had Plastic as only disc material once rubber was deemed legal so Steady rubber like plastic was not in a grey area of rules.

9. Destroyer simply look at brands as everyone of he brand with more of a lineup has a Destroyer like disc, even Lightning owner had made a Destroyer clone in a Pro like plastic about 5 years before owner died

10. Aerobe Epic made PDGA come up for rules for Max rim during Driver wars of 2000's among top 2--3 brands

Honerable mentions, 6 of them.

Roc, one of best selling discs of all time besides Aviar due to Ken Climo, Gator a was about only OS mainly approach disc for years

Gumput or Blowfly/II in modern plastic this case mainly plastic

Wizard for sales and how close you could get to an Aviar during Dave Dunpace his patent era of Beveled edged putter discs without paying for use on Dave D his patent.

Comet a disc that stared a claim by Dave D as a copy Discraft owner did on a Stingray with bead, change was adding a bead for better stability in wind but since Dave D never patented his rim of a Stingray using his old patent.

Oh let's not forget 10 Meter Brick old brittle or newer floppy version both no longer made. Disc set rules on how a discs top flight plate has to be becuse the middle was so thick. PDGA made rules so nobody could have an even thicker center on a disc and so nobody else could do what Quest AT did on having as low a rim heigh on a disc as Quest AT had in a lid design

Last edited:
I used to be skeptical and attributed it all to just sucking (there's still some of that) but now I completely agree. Same with Shrykes and Pharaohs. Once I find a run I like I hold onto them desperately and fear the water hazards.
I find less flight change in a regular Champion run then what I see online via YouTube and Star. Consistency in plastic feel is off in being lightly gummy, stiff, or too stiff for PDGA use like 99% of molds in Champion plastic.

People have covered the iconic category, mine personally:

Aviar et al. (Yeti Pro for me)
Envy
Proxy
Comet
Buzzz
EMac Truth
Heat
Firebird
Archon
Pharaoh

I could do some work with this set up. I mean, you have my putter line up already so there's that. (y)

Latest posts