• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top DG/Brewery Destination ?

Founder's is less than an hour away from Flip City. Plus there's a few other decent courses near Grand Rapids :D

I second this. Founder's sandwiches are the boobs. And their beer cheese dip is the boobs. Founder's is the boobs.

Austin, TX has a TON of DG and breweries, getting new ones all the time.

Best Courses
Circle C
Roy Guerrero
Austin Ridge
East Metro
Searight
Wilco

Best Breweries
(512)
Jester King
Live Oak
Austin Beerworks
Hops & Grains
Independence
Uncle Billy's
Thirsty Planet

It's getting up there with Portland, although our terrain is not nearly as beautiful. We are like cosmic twin cities in many ways, just one is on the West Coast and one is on the Third Coast!

Unfortunately nobody has combined the idea of a destination golf course with a brewery onsite yet...

Great List...here is one more brewery and my personal favorite. http://www.blackstar.coop/

Gotta throw a little love to Anderson Valley, much to be said for picking up some microbrew at the course and a 85 ft walk to the bar after. Super friendly, great folks who bought us beer and invited us out for a round on a local private course. Maybe not the best course in the area, but considering Napa, Stafford....that is OK.

Bahl Hornin to you!!

Pittsburgh has a few good breweries in the area. If you come up to Moraine State Park we have North Country Brewery which is probably my favorite restaurant/beer house. Or if you wanted to Stay closer to the city, you could play Deer Lakes, and within 20 minutes be at Church Brew Works, Penn Brewery, Hofbrauhaus, and probably some other ones i'm forgetting. Plus come play our other good courses like knob, the up and coming great course Linbrook, and Slippery Rock(by moraine),

^^THIS^^

Penn Brewery. Great German beer & food!!

I'll throw the Twin Cities out there for consideration: plenty of courses, and Surly, Summit, Flat Earth, Steel Toe, Town Hall, and about 20 other new breweries and brewpubs. The place is exploding with brew.

Long, cold winters are just a myth ;)

I second this. Founder's sandwiches are the boobs. And their beer cheese dip is the boobs. Founder's is the boobs.

I tried going after the PIF Flip meetup this summer, but they don't open for lunch on Sunday :thmbdown:

However, that allowed me the time to stop at Bell's :thmbup:

In terms of breweries its difficult to beat Fort Collins, but the good courses are all at least 45 minutes away. Granted, they are great courses, but it might be a bit too much driving.

Next weekend were hitting the grange (blockhouse) and battlefield brewing company in VA for our monthly trip.

At the risk of repeating what's already been said.

I don't know that they'd make the top list, but we have a very reasonable combination here in Valparaiso with Rogers Lakewood and Figure 8, which now has a very reasonable food menu, along with an improved selection of beer (not _everything's_ overhopped! though even their overhopped stuff is good). A great course and a very good brew pub.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1773
http://figure8brewing.com/

Down the road, and probably easier to argue for a "Top 5" or "Top 10" one could think of a pairing of Three Floyd's and Lemon Lake.

http://www.3floyds.com/
And perhaps Lemon Lake needs no link for it's 4.5 courses, with more on the way, Pro Worlds 2010 and 2013.

Lemon Lake's no the _closest_ course to Three Floyd's, but it's only about half an hour away, and is the closest high quality (e.g. 4 star) course, the best collection of courses, etc.

I don't know if I qould qualify this as a top destination but Milwaukee is a great city for brewerys and a little disc golf. They held the AM Worlds here a few years back.

Brown Deer DGC: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1042 One of my favorite midwestern courses, really pretty in the Milwaukee summer.
Dretzka Park DGC: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=223 Another fun course that offers a good amount of challenge
Dineen Park: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=196 Nothing special about this course but its just something to play.

Where Milwaukee really stars is when it comes to drinking and breweries. Coming off being voted the drunkest city in America a few years in a row, they better have some breweries.

Lakefront Brewery (one of my favorite beers)
Miller Brewery (a compound of beer goodness)
Sprecher Brewery (quaint and delicious)
Milwaukee Ale House (Brew made on the busy nightlife area of mke)
Milwaukee Brewery company (Ok tour but awesome brewery, basically unlimited tasting and the owner is very friendly)
Pabst: Not made here anymore, but you can visit the brewery and drink in an old pool hall, really historic and fun tour
Stonefly Brewery (newer and upcoming and delicious)

Also I'd like to throw out New Glarus Brewery being only and hour and a half away. One of the best microbrews in the U.S and my personal favorite.

Gotta throw a little love to Anderson Valley, much to be said for picking up some microbrew at the course and a 85 ft walk to the bar after. Super friendly, great folks who bought us beer and invited us out for a round on a local private course. Maybe not the best course in the area, but considering Napa, Stafford....that is OK.

Bahl Hornin to you!!

I've heard there was a private course somewhere neer AVBC, I just havn't found the people to get me in there yet. Do you know how to get ahold of the owners by chance? :D

The Mt. Shasta Brewing company is in the town of Weed, CA and is about 2 minutes from COS (The university of OB). Good beer, brutal course.

Maybe I'm bias. But I gotta go w/ PDX!! Portland has more brewers and strip clubs,(wink), per capita in the USA. ( I believe that number still holds true) And we have a ton of good DG courses!!

My second place this SD, CA.
There are a lot of beers from that area I like so I would love to put DG and brews together down there.

Milwaukee. Brown Deer and Dretzka as well as the river boat brewery tour down town.

5696_00ce.jpeg

In Menomonie, WI there's the Lucette Brewing Company that is famous for their Farmer's Daughter and 3 other equally delicious beers. The brewery is located across the street from the Brickyard Disc Golf Course, which is a stellar 9 hole course not to be looked down upon. 2 baskets and 2 tees per hole offer a day of unlimited options with many elements of surprise. Go for a Saturday tour, have some samples, buy a 6 pack of Farmer's Daughter tall boys, and you are set to enjoy some great disc golf.

Jon Christiansen, the Head Brewmaster, is an excellent guy and disc golfer that has hosted many Lucette Disc Golf Tournaments now that are continually growing in fun and participants.

Not far to the north is the Lambs Creek DGC at the Pioneer Grill & Saloon, which is a bar with gourmet food that owns and operates a 9 hole disc golf course. The picturesque Lambs Creek comes into play on most of the holes. The menu is very reasonably priced and has some incredible burgers, pizza, and nearly anything to suit your fancy. To top it off, you are right in the middle of everywhere with many great courses not far away.

Please drink responsibly so your drives stay on the fairway :)

Last edited:
Flip + Founders. Plus a bunch of good course like Fallasburg/Hammond Hills near Founders.

But I do love Cold Bridge which is like 5 miles from bells I think.